Attendance tonight

I went pub and watched Barca v Arsenal instead, innit.

Sky +ed the Arse game and was rewarded with a good come back in the first-half, before :censored: defending and goalkeeping cost us the game from a set-piece AGAIN! After conceding two from similar positions in the first-half - clueless fookwits!

Sky +ed the Arse game and was rewarded with a good come back in the first-half, before :censored: defending and goalkeeping cost us the game from a set-piece AGAIN! After conceding two from similar positions in the first-half - clueless fookwits!

thought he had a shocker for that third goal didnt react at all to the morrison flick on even if he didnt mean it

barca arsenal was crap.....Arsenal awful

I caught the last 10 of Arsenal - it was certainly crap by then.

Anyway, Souness and Redknapp had me reaching for the sick bucket afterwards.

According to Souness, the Van Persie red card (probably the most ridiculous decision I have ever seen) didn't matter as it had no bearing on the final outcome due to Barca being so fan:censored:ingtastic. He reiterated this point time and again. Indeed Barca were so good that they were losing a whole 80% of the way into the tie which is when the refereeing atrocity took place, and indeed would have lost at the death anyway if Bendtner wasn't :censored:e.

:rant.sml:

The Tranmere game is the that the club is thinking of/looking to do/??? reduced admission price at again. They mentioned it briefly at the fans forum at Tara Lesiure last week. Not sure of price, or if it's been confirmed, or if they have local business sponsorhsip or Chron backing etc?

Shouldn't your sig read "If we're gonna survive, people must f*****g turn up"?

:applause1:

My choice obviosuly, but now I live in the South I cannot get to games generally.

I can understand people having other commitments (I have a mates 40th Birthday to attend for Orient game, 0000's has his family as two examples) so sometimes you have to pick and choose. And hats off to those that attend every home game, double hats off to home and away.

But to go and watch Arsenal Barca in the pub instead of watching Latics, I just don;t get it.

I did have to laugh at their fans singing "You're only here to see the Wednesday". 1-it doesn't scan 2-it only works if the crowd increases, rather than being half what it was for our last midweek game. At least it stopped them singing that song about United running away for 2 seconds.

The barca v arsenal game will have been a factor unfortunately, but more worryingly people seem to be giving up on a regular basis.

Obviously recent form and results don't help and the inability of our defence to learn from weekly mistakes is also a contributory factor...How many set piece goals do we need to concede before the penny drops!!!!!!....Abysmal defending!.....taggart has got to start earning his corn here because they're not isolated incidents.

Also the feeling of deja vu has set in again...promising plenty but failing once more to deliver when the crunch comes....be it on or off the pitch!

Barring a calamity ( or administration ) it seems we're destined to remain in this god awful division indefinitely.

The barca v arsenal game will have been a factor unfortunately, but more worryingly people seem to be giving up on a regular basis.

Obviously recent form and results don't help and the inability of our defence to learn from weekly mistakes is also a contributory factor...How many set piece goals do we need to concede before the penny drops!!!!!!....Abysmal defending!.....taggart has got to start earning his corn here because they're not isolated incidents.

Also the feeling of deja vu has set in again...promising plenty but failing once more to deliver when the crunch comes....be it on or off the pitch!

Barring a calamity ( or administration ) it seems we're destined to remain in this god awful division indefinitely.

yep I think the Groundhog day factor about the club has been whats turned a lot of people away, people want to be entertained and it's not entertaining watching the same teams year on year

yep I think the Groundhog day factor about the club has been whats turned a lot of people away, people want to be entertained and it's not entertaining watching the same teams year on year

yep

05/06 - Season went tits up in March - no wins in the last 7

06/07 - Season went downhill from mid-february, 4 wins in the last 17

07-08 - Better second-half of the season, but a team packed with loanees and kids

08-09 - Season went tits up from the beginning of March - 1 win in the last 12

09-10 - Awful season, lack of goals, crowds dwindling further - 7 wins in 24, failing to score in 22 games all season

10-11 - People getting carried away with promotion chances, injuries and suspensions have hit at the same time the kids have begun to tread water - 1 win in 11 since late January

05/06 - New Ground Announced, Moore sacked

06/07 -Shez appointed Play Off Failure, disappointment in losing Wellens and Porter

07-08 - Smoking Ban, Hughes signed, Planning permission granted, scheme immediately shelved

08-09 - Broadway Stand demolished, Doggy Gate, procession of loanees, Shez sacked, Royle comes back, Royle leaves, Failsworth Announced

09-10 - Penney appointed, relegation battle, 39 goals all season, pisspoor 4th Division Squad and another procession loanees signed, massive injury problems

10-11 Dickov appointed, young vibrant squad, overachieves, Performances slip, another up-turn before the season that promised so much again capitulates, Failswoth fails, is scrapped, massive fall-out, possibility of leaving the borough to groundshare, Threat of admin….

On top of all this we play the same teams week in week out and have had two or three seasons of a Southern weighted League, that is crippling clubs in the North...

On top of all this we play the same teams week in week out and have had two or three seasons of a Southern weighted League, that is crippling clubs in the North...

Tranmere, Carlisle and Hartlepool have also seen a large decrese in crowds, but hopefull next season Scunny, Blunts and Preston might be a good thing

Tranmere, Carlisle and Hartlepool have also seen a large decrese in crowds, but hopefull next season Scunny, Blunts and Preston might be a good thing

I know it will hit the Southern Exiles hard, but surely the FL need to look at regionalising the leagues again, particularly given the cost of fuel and the increase in associated costs. I'