Funniest Latics chant ever?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite chant was at a match against West Ham at home, around 1986ish.

Trevor Morely was making his comeback from an injury. He was injured by his wife who stabbed him when she found him in bed with another man!!!!

First corner West Ham got was in front of the Chaddy.....

"Theres only one Mrs Morely, one Mrs Morely, there's only one Mrs Morely."

To be fair he seemed quite amused by it.....

The "has Macari had a bet?" chant during the St Valentines Day Masacre. Lou Macari the then West Ham manager had just been found guilty of betting on the outcome of matches.

People shouting "Yoo-hoo Julian" in a gay (can I say that?) fashion to West Ham Left Back Julian Dicks same era. Don't think we'd have done that to his face though :lol:

"Super Kevin Francis" after he scored two own goals in our favour playing for Birmingham City.

At Swindon in 2002 Oldham fans singing to one of there fans Does your Farmer know your here? he took it dead offensive.

at carlisle to a ginger haired carlisle fan with a dodgy nodder. did the council cut your hair..even his mates were pi$$ing themselves as he took a propper strop

Trevor Morely was making his comeback from an injury. He was injured by his wife who stabbed him when she found him in bed with another man!!!!

1991 I think but still a good shout.

The "has Macari had a bet?" chant during the St Valentines Day Masacre. Lou Macari the then West Ham manager had just been found guilty of betting on the outcome of matches.

People shouting "Yoo-hoo Julian" in a gay (can I say that?) fashion to West Ham Left Back Julian Dicks same era. Don't think we'd have done that to his face though :lol:

"Super Kevin Francis" after he scored two own goals in our favour playing for Birmingham City.

He only got one- but I think the Chaddy probably sang it anyway, it was a cracking own goal though.

at carlisle to a ginger haired carlisle fan with a dodgy nodder. did the council cut your hair..even his mates were pi$$ing themselves as he took a propper strop

That was a belter that.

Re Wet Sham: Wasn't the rumour that Mr Morley was found in bed with a clergy teammate. I won't name names, but Ian B.

I particularly enjoyed calling Paul Reid 100 swear words in a minute from about five yards away at Bury whilst he took a corner, but I don't think that counts as a song.

"Sing when your fishing"- Grimsby Boxing Day, I can't remember the year but Ernie was playing and scored a cracker.

"Reidy had a :censored:"

"If Robin Hood was real he'd be dead" @Forest

Not specifically a chant but LL's banter with the Brentford goalie last season- "Price I admire you as a man but your keeping is atrocious" (or something like that)

Maybe about 6 years ago away at Stockport, started off as, "One Harry Potter," to a steward, then we spotted that there was another of them, then a couple of guys sang, "Harry Potters Magic," to one of them ("he could have stayed at Hogwarts" etc)

Very early '90's I think that mate 'cos my first game was the back end of '89 and I remember that well so couldn't have been '86. Hilariously funny though :grin:

Remember him getting more and more angry at being asked Wheres your handbag Julain!

singing "there's only one mark allott, used to be :censored:e but now he's alright..." cant remember the game but remember eardly wetting himself laughing when we sang it! :-)

Think it got aired a lot at Crewe last game of the season in 2008 and I think I remember Eardley stifling the giggles at one point during the game.