Funniest Latics chant ever?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sing when your fishing"- Grimsby Boxing Day, I can't remember the year but Ernie was playing and scored a cracker.

"Reidy had a :censored:"

"If Robin Hood was real he'd be dead" @Forest

Not specifically a chant but LL's banter with the Brentford goalie last season- "Price I admire you as a man but your keeping is atrocious" (or something like that)

it was if robin hood was real he'd be gay. but was very funny

I remember at Huddersfiled a big fat youth in the stand to our right giving it large.

He had no top on and massive manboobs.

The Latics fans gave him better back than he was giving by singing

"Have you ever seen your dick, have you ever seen your dick". His mates were in stitches but I don;t think the lad was too amused.

Walsall final game of the season when Brookey came on and scored.....but up to that point..

"lets pretend we scored a goallllllll,........lets pretend we've scored a goal......"

Or the other night when we did

"nananananananaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, we have scored a goal, scored a goal, oldham scored a goal....."

Well us latics have humour at least

we wasnt really famous though was we ? just known in the uk thats it, unlike forest.

I know what you mean mate.

I did like Northampton chanting "You're not famous anymore" to us down at their place, that got alot of laughs

Edited by longtimeblue

Again, not a chant as such, but Norwich away, when we lost 2-0 around Christmas time a couple of years back. Great atmosphere from us, lots of balloons.

Unfortunately Norwich completely outplayed us, which left us to celebrate any shots we had as goals! That was a hilarious afternoon. Think there was a funny Delia chant that day too...

Again, not a chant as such, but Norwich away, when we lost 2-0 around Christmas time a couple of years back. Great atmosphere from us, lots of balloons.

Unfortunately Norwich completely outplayed us, which left us to celebrate any shots we had as goals! That was a hilarious afternoon. Think there was a funny Delia chant that day too...

I remember singing "theres only one Gordon Ramsey" and songs about other celebrity chefs

At Leeds in the League Cup a few seasons back - Gregan was playing for them and controlling the game - but Neil Sullivan was in net for Leeds just after he had been dropped for Scotland and even he had to smile when we all started chanting "Scotland Scotland No.2"

That was a brilliant day out, regardless of the result. I remember when Norwich scored both their goals all the Latics fans were up dancing along with the Norwich goal music. You could see how bemused their fans were!

Edited by Killens_physio

one we should not have sang was!!!always look on the bright side of life!!!to all the scum after going 1 nil up in the semi at wembley....you just knew it was about to go pear shaped

Perhaps my reputation for foot in mouthness makes me not the best person to say this but didn't we also sing,

"Where's your double gone"

Cue 2 months later they had won the double and we were down.