Chris Taylor

Chris comes over as a decent local lad who has deep feelings for the club but you couldn't help but notice his unease when asked about the off field stuff

OFCOURSE it's affected the teams morale! It would affect me and I only work for Morrisons :lol:

Given what's going on I think the Players and management held it together last night, Respect!

Nearly forgot: Chris Taylor Legend?

In his own right but can't be mentioned in the same breath as some of the old school, With more application it might happen although you've got to fancy that someone will take him eventually.

Edited by OLDHAMADE

If Cooksey can become a legend by dying even though he was :censored:e then I think a local lad who plays his heart out for the club should be classed as one. On more than one occasion he could have joined big clubs and turned them down because he wanted to get Latics back in the championship.

i wouldn't call cooksey a legend. just a likeable player who put the effort in and i'd say taylor is the same at the moment.

Legend for me, born and bred and loves the club through and through.

He isn't the best player in the clubs history by a long way, but that has little to do with deciding whether he is a club legend or not.

As for him having a drink, FFS.

Spot on.

Rare to see a player as loyal to his club as Chris Taylor. It's very refreshing to see a player driven by loyalty and passion for his club and not money these days.

Absolutely he is a Latics legend.

People who don't think he is a legend, what does he have to do to become one?

I've just realised he is only 4 seasons from a testimonial.

Ivreally hope he stays that long, though it is looking less likely.

I know it's been asked before, but when were the last lot of testemonials?

I remember going to Ian Wood's!

Edited by singe

I would say unless our financial position improves before the next season and with bids being turned down in January

It looks more likely that Taylor will be moving in the summer.

I believe overall he is the most talented player we have at the club and I really hope he stays for a while longer yet

But my question is

Would you class Chris Taylor as an Oldham Athletic Legend?

210 appearances 28 goals and counting (taken from wiki so could be wrong)

Taylor and Morais work well together and seem to be on the same wave length. Possible strike partnership?

People who don't think he is a legend, what does he hae to do to become one?

I;ve just realised he is only 4 seasons from a testemonial.

IReally hope he stays that long, though it is looking less likely.

I know it's been asked before, but when was the last lot of testemonials?

Eyre's got one didn't he- although I don't think he did 10 years for us. Roger Palmer had one and before then is before my time. I may be missing some in the intervening years but I'm unsure.

Suppose what era you are from alot of older supporters proberly wont see him in the same league as say Bunn, Richtie, or an Eyres. However he his are longest serving player and proberly are most successful player from are youth team in the past ten years. Am guessing most of those aged 11 now would class Taylor as the first player who stood out. Alot of those in there late teens and early twenties will say the same.

Whats lacks Taylor is he played in a play off semi final, where Richite, Barrett and Holden got to appear in two FA cup semis and a League cup final.

Guest Scratch2000uk

He likes a bet too. ;)

You can't knock his enthusiasm for Latics can you? best player we have had for a few years that we have kept hold of.

People who don't think he is a legend, what does he have to do to become one?

I've just realised he is only 4 seasons from a testimonial.

Ivreally hope he stays that long, though it is looking less likely.

I know it's been asked before, but when were the last lot of testemonials?

Shez had one against Sheff Wed and two of my mates from Ireland came over to pay tribute to him.

Hmm perhaps the manner in which the cooksey point has been made was a touch insensitive I agree to a certain extent.

I would say that Cooksey was more a cult hero just like Tonk will probably be. He was certainly a shining light in some dark days.

As for Chris Taylor he is a definately a legend of recent years with nobody coming close unfortunately. few players stay at clubs long enough now to attain such status and for clubs like us which experience mid table mediocrity more often than not legends are certainly few and far between. Naturally your Ritchies, Bunns, Palmers of this world will be held in such high esteem and rightly so for obvious reasons.

As for Chris it is all relative and whilst I'd love to give him a slap for his whining and rolling about at times I imagine if I was a 9 year old on the terrace he would be one of my favourite players and that is what it is about.

If Cooksey can become a legend by dying even though he was :censored:e then I think a local lad who plays his heart out for the club should be classed as one. On more than one occasion he could have joined big clubs and turned them down because he wanted to get Latics back in the championship.

thats loyalty, not the same as legend. But agree with you comment

i dont think he is close to being a legend. the comments about caring more than most of the squad and always putting 100% in for me are rubbish. he is a latics fan playing for latics what do u expect. if i played for latics i would run my arse off every game and give everything i had but i wouldnt be a legend for it. hes had a decent season but what about the last 2 seasons where he hardly did anythin? where was this so called 100% then? david eyers wasnt a latics fan yet he gave 100% every gam and he definatly cared, he was a charcter on the pitch and off it. always had time for the fans, entertained us with his tricks. played till he was 42? and still gave everything and still gave more than his younger team mates. he could lift the crowd in a single moment. for me taylor doesnt have the same charisma about him. and doesnt have that moment of genius. he still has time. if he stays a good few years then ye i think he might get there but at the minute no. if he left he would be well recieved on his return and will be thought of highly but not a legend