Medi Abalimba leaves

I will trust Dickov to have seen enough to make a sensible decision, but it does seem odd to sign someone, play them in a reserve game, then change your mind.

All I can think is that he had to make a snap decision on signing Abalimba on transfer deadline day (since he was contracted to Derby County).

He looked good in the reserve game against Morecambe maybe we should of done what we did with Morais and had him as a unamed trialist to begin with it then got shot of him.

It's amazing how the need to impress in order to get a contraxt improves a player's performance.

• 1 year later...

Digging up an old thread... Abalimba seems to have resurfaced tonight playing on trial for my second team, Farnborough FC (Blue Square South). Had a very good game, apparently. As far as I can tell after he left us he was playing for ESA Brive in the CFA 2 (French fifth division). I'm sure we'll come to regret letting him go one day...

Digging up an old thread... Abalimba seems to have resurfaced tonight playing on trial for my second team, Farnborough FC (Blue Square South). Had a very good game, apparently. As far as I can tell after he left us he was playing for ESA Brive in the CFA 2 (French fifth division). I'm sure we'll come to regret letting him go one day...

A trial for Farnborough? He may have some time on his side to prove PD wrong, but it seems he's hardly been ripping up trees in his first 18 months since leaving us.