Possible team next year?

With the finances a problem and all the people out of contract, a possible team next season with taylor and furman still here and stephens gone.

Brill

lee

tarky

mvoto / hazell

Evina

Taylor

furman

new cm / winchester

new winger / morais

Reid

new striker

Obviously it depends who we can keep and also bring in. Maybe 6 signings free or loan. Would love mvoto but dont look likely. We also have players like brooke, feeney, jones, black and millar along with other youth players.

Maybe have a weaker squad and smaller but hopefully enough to keep us up.

With the finances a problem and all the people out of contract, a possible team next season with taylor and furman still here and stephens gone.

Brill

lee

tarky

mvoto / hazell

Evina

Taylor

furman

new cm / winchester

new winger / morais

Reid

new striker

Obviously it depends who we can keep and also bring in. Maybe 6 signings free or loan. Would love mvoto but dont look likely. We also have players like brooke, feeney, jones, black and millar along with other youth players.

To be honest if we could finish ou chances we would still be in the hunt for a play off spot. The problem has rarely been our performance or ability to create chances it's been our ability to take them. If we can keep much of the key players and get someone who can stick it in the back of the net we could well be a dark horse next season. Who knows how bad the finances are though...........

To be honest if we could finish ou chances we would still be in the hunt for a play off spot. The problem has rarely been our performance or ability to create chances it's been our ability to take them. If we can keep much of the key players and get someone who can stick it in the back of the net we could well be a dark horse next season. Who knows how bad the finances are though...........

I dread to think what getting in as a dark horse may have had in store for us this season had we managed it. Unless there is a significant change in personnel (i realise Dickov has his wish list)we will be set for another season of similar ups and downs. The existing squad has a few imbalances (in particularl a lack of experience and a lack of a proven goal scorer)which unless addressed, will result in more of the same.

Brill

lee

tarky

mvoto / hazell

Evina

Taylor

furman

new cm / winchester

new winger / morais

Reid

new striker

Reckon we'll see a new keeper in the summer, maybe offer Brill a contract as back-up.

New Keeper

Lee

Mvoto (hopefully)

Tarky (possibly Trotman but doubt it)

Evina / Black (if both offered new deals)

Taylor

Furman

Jones

Morais

Reid

DJ Bembo

Reckon we'll see a new keeper in the summer, maybe offer Brill a contract as back-up.

New Keeper

Lee

Mvoto (hopefully)

Tarky (possibly Trotman but doubt it)

Evina / Black (if both offered new deals)

Taylor

Furman

Jones

Morais

Reid

DJ Bembo

Smalley up front to continue his development from this season?

Dickov has said that he doesn't want to change the team much next season and I agree that it would be ideal but I'd be surprised if it happens.

From a footballing point of view I feel that the only obvious area to change is up front. Whoever we keep out of the current strikers, we need to bring in a rugged and experienced striker who can make a noticeable impact, be it scoring goals or as a foil for the other striker. That's what we are missing at present, unfortunately the only striker who I can think of like this is Hughes.

Finances though will break up this team. Committing to new deals for the players out of contract will be difficult and the few players who are under contract are mostly saleable assets or just not good enough. Can't say I'll be too disappointed if this happens as I've come to expect uncertainty and upheaval every year, as long as Dickov's in charge I'm sure we'll be OK.

Lost the plot on this lot WHO is in and out of contract come August? Is there a list somewhere?

Contracts run to the end of June.

Lee, Jones, Furman, Taylor, Millar, Feeney, Brooke and Bembo-Leta are contracted until June 2012. Stephens is contracted until June 2013 but likely to go this summer.

Everyone else is out of contract, on loan, on non-contract terms (Gerrard) or on youth terms (Tarkowski, Carr, Winchester and Burns).

That means Brill, Ollerenshaw, Todd, Hazell, Black, McDonald, Evina, Smalley, Alessandra, Morais, McGrath and Reid are out of contract this summer. I think Dickov technically is too, but I expect him to quit the playing side anyway (after a season where's he's only made one sub appearance).

nobody want Allesandra still?

I'd keep him, i think he's a cracking young talent and i don't see why no-one seems to like him.. anyway my team..

New Keeper

Lee

Hazell/M'Voto

Tarky

Black

Taylor

Furman

Stephens (If he does come back).. New CM

Millar?

Alessandra

Reid

Personally can't see Morais staying longer than the end of the season, he's far too good for Oldham IMO. Would like to see Stephens come back and he would go straight back into midfield, but i can't see this happening either, so i think a new CM is needed unless Lowe could be signed up permanently.. Ritchie Jones just doesn't have that quality in my opinion to be in my starting 11. Now i've gone for Lewi and Reid upfront but in an ideal world i would have a New Striker up top with Lewi, he has real quality and needs that goalscorer with him, maybe Brooke will prove his high rating from Royle!

We might see a new keeper, but I can't see Brill staying as a backup. I'd expect him to be on a fair wage and I don't think we can afford a well-paid backup keeper (and nor will Brill want to be one).

I remember a rumour a while back that he's the highest paid player at the club (or was last season). If that's true I highly doubt we'd be offering him the same terms.

If we have any kind of budget to play with whatsoever then we need to get some experienced campaigners in who can guide what will be a young team through whats likely to be a tough season. Dickov needs to sign a Sheridan, Eyres, or Gregan someone who can come in help the young players even someone who fancies getting involved in the coaching side of things. Add to that keeping the majority of this side together and we will be alright I think.

I expect the squad to be filled with youngsters, particularly in the 'reserve' slots. I could see squad numbers for Routledge (backup goalkeeper, possible third if Dickov signs a new reserve), Tarkowski, Carr, Winchester, maybe Bell, Burns, Millar, maybe McGrath if he looks injury-free, Bembo-Leta, maybe even Laird.

While I'm more than happy for Dickov to experiment with trialists and short-term signings, I'm not sure how much Todd, McDonald, Abalimba and Kelly added. Morais and, to a degree, Evina (although he came in on loan from a Premiership club, so arguably less of a gamble) have been his only real successes when it comes to short-term trialists. Next year I'd rather see the youngsters given a chance and the wages saved for one or two wiser heads to stiffen the side.

More than happy if he proves me wrong, though.

I'd keep him, i think he's a cracking young talent and i don't see why no-one seems to like him.. anyway my team..

New Keeper

Lee

Hazell/M'Voto

Tarky

Black

Taylor

Furman

Stephens (If he does come back).. New CM

Millar?

Alessandra

Reid

Personally can't see Morais staying longer than the end of the season, he's far too good for Oldham IMO. Would like to see Stephens come back and he would go straight back into midfield, but i can't see this happening either, so i think a new CM is needed unless Lowe could be signed up permanently.. Ritchie Jones just doesn't have that quality in my opinion to be in my starting 11. Now i've gone for Lewi and Reid upfront but in an ideal world i would have a New Striker up top with Lewi, he has real quality and needs that goalscorer with him, maybe Brooke will prove his high rating from Royle!

More than happy to keep Alice, but he seems out of favour with so few games remaining of the season.. Reckon Morais will stay, we have an option to extend his contract(was inserted into the contract that took months to sign) and the same with Reid.. Morais seems happy here, and in recent interviews has said he likes playing under PD as he gives him the freedom a player of his ability needs, and that PD is the type of manager the players would run through brick walls for.. So unless PD leaves think thats him staying..

Oh, and to the person who mentioned Smalley - he's out of contract end of season, and will probably sign up with Shez at chesterfield.. Hope he doesn't though..

Oh, and to the person who mentioned Smalley - he's out of contract end of season, and will probably sign up with Shez at chesterfield.. Hope he doesn't though..

Heard rumours of championship clubs being interested in him.. surely not though? personally I agree and think he'll end up a Chesterfield

Either Alice has some issues we dont know about or i cant for the life of me see why we wouldnt want him. He's the one player in our squad who can really link the midfield and attack. As for forwards, i didnt see but wasnt bembo-lita pushing for a leading role until if got injured? Other thing, tarky looks decent but to expect a full season from him without him having a bad dip in form would be as crazy as, well, expecting the same from Tonk

More than happy to keep Alice, but he seems out of favour with so few games remaining of the season.. Reckon Morais will stay, we have an option to extend his contract(was inserted into the contract that took months to sign) and the same with Reid.. Morais seems happy here, and in recent interviews has said he likes playing under PD as he gives him the freedom a player of his ability needs, and that PD is the type of manager the players would run through brick walls for.. So unless PD leaves think thats him staying..

Under 24 though so at least that means we get some monies. Will his impressive goal record count towards the expected fee?

scored 2 good goals for ressies and could have easily had a hatrick....nice work out for him in readiness for saturday,id start him with reid and put tonks on the bench..

next season...cant see us keeping moraise or mvoto to be honest,would like it if we did...also if smally goes,can we get some cash for him...jurys out on evina...wouldnt want white back have a feeling dickov may try n get lowe back again from rovers on season long loan...

I expect the squad to be filled with youngsters, particularly in the 'reserve' slots. I could see squad numbers for Routledge (backup goalkeeper, possible third if Dickov signs a new reserve), Tarkowski, Carr, Winchester, maybe Bell, Burns, Millar, maybe McGrath if he looks injury-free, Bembo-Leta, maybe even Laird.

While I'm more than happy for Dickov to experiment with trialists and short-term signings, I'm not sure how much Todd, McDonald, Abalimba and Kelly added. Morais and, to a degree, Evina (although he came in on loan from a Premiership club, so arguably less of a gamble) have been his only real successes when it comes to short-term trialists. Next year I'd rather see the youngsters given a chance and the wages saved for one or two wiser heads to stiffen the side.

More than happy if he proves me wrong, though.

Agree with you in terms of the youth factor of the squad. I’m pretty darn sure our finances will dictate that a number of the squad places will be made up of scholars & lads given a 1 year pro deal.

Whilst there is no way you want a bunch of 17 & 18 year olds to be playing 40 odd games in a season; for padding out the bench and getting the odd game here & there I see no reason why this shouldn’t be happening next season – from a purely financial stand-point; the wages these kids will be one won’t be breaking the bank and we can get a ‘squad depth’ through this means *

I can’t wait for DJ Bembo to get fit; have a hard pre-season work-out & come back fit & firing as; in his fleeting games at the start of the season; he really impressed me – and on those showings; I think we can look to him for one of the striking berths next season. He has the certain something, you can’t necessarily place what it is; but IMO he has “it” – he linked play nicely between midfield & attach, ran the channels intelligently and for his size, he held the ball / shielded & screened the ball really well. His header Vs Scunthorpe was all about getting into a good position in the box to get on the end of Jones’s (IIRC) cross.

Same with Brooke too – a shame; but he needs to just write this season off & start again over the summer. Brooke for me epitomised the change in player attitude & demeanour after PD was appointed. During pre-season; Brooke was playing like a mini-me version of PD – hasselling, working his socks off, snapping into challenges, running all over the place working ever so hard & having a bit of an edge to him that we hadn’t seen before (squaring up to Danny Fox Vs Burnley after he’d clattered into him springs to mind) – plus he was scoring goals to boot. Big, big pre-season for Brooke this one coming up – an almost make or break one; as he’s 1 year left on a pro deal. If he does again what he did last time; then for me – he’ll be pushing for a starting berth next season. If he doesn’t kick on; then he’ll be offski; either on loan or cancelled i feel. I hope he kicks on; as he did look a totally different player during the 2 months of this season’s pre-season.

Of the out of contract lot – i’d be finding the money to offer new deals to Black, Reid & Morais definately – and Evina if the terms were right too. That’s it. Brill, Todd, MacDonald, Trotman et all – we’ll i’d prefer us to take our chances in the free transfer market / loan market to see if can do better. I think M’Voto will attract interest from other clubs if Sunderland let him leave; club’s that will be able to out bid us on the wages front so i can’t see him being here next season – as much as I would like him to be. Tounkara; I’d take him on loan again if the terms of the loan deal were right; and we weren’t paying a high % of his wage – rather him here adding to the striking competition & continuing his development; than signing for another L1 side & his ripping us a new one when we play them TBH! White can go back to Leeds with a thanks.

* Whilst the kids will add to squad depth; squad quality will be an entirely different issue – i’d worry if a spate of injuries / suspensions kick in, and we’re looking at a team with 4 or 5 17 / 18 / 19 year olds in it.

We'd only get compo for Smalley if we offered him a contract equal or greater to what he's on now!

Anyone know if he's been offered one?

Knowing our luck, he'll accept it then put in a transfer request at Christmas and go for a bag of manure.

Lost the plot on this lot WHO is in and out of contract come August? Is there a list somewhere?

At present, only seven professionals — Djeny Bembo-Leta, Warren Feeney, Dean Furman, Kieran Lee, Kirk Millar, Dale Stephens and Chris Taylor — are contracted to the club for the 2011-12 campaign.

There is also an option to keep striker Reuben Reid at Boundary Park beyond the expiration of his deal at the end of this season

From the rarely wrong Chron.

At present, only seven professionals — Djeny Bembo-Leta, Warren Feeney, Dean Furman, Kieran Lee, Kirk Millar, Dale Stephens and Chris Taylor — are contracted to the club for the 2011-12 campaign.

There is also an option to keep striker Reuben Reid at Boundary Park beyond the expiration of his deal at the end of this season

Good ol' Chron. This guy obviously doesn't count then. :petesake:

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2086135,00.html

I'm sure Brooke's got another year too.