Mark Tierney

Full credit to norwich, they have gone up without spending massive ammounts of money like the rest of them and played some brilliant football at times.

didn't it get to the stage in the season where the chairman decided to put the money in they needed to go for promotion after a good start? so they decided to sign tierney...

not quite sure holt and hoolahoop will be as good as they were in the prem and they were this season but i like norwich and it'll be good to see them back there

didn't it get to the stage in the season where the chairman decided to put the money in they needed to go for promotion after a good start? so they decided to sign tierney...

not quite sure holt and hoolahoop will be as good as they were in the prem and they were this season but i like norwich and it'll be good to see them back there

yeah he has put money to compete but not as muc as the rest of them around norwich

Always liked Tierney; whole-hearted player. Gave his all in every game he played; never shirked a challenge and did the best with what he had ability wise. Can't ask for more than that really.

Since he left, he has developed a lot - in his spells for Shrewsbury, Colchester & now Norwich. He's become a very solid LB IMO and I think he won't be embarrassed next season

Joins Neal Eardley as a premier league player. Who'd have thought that hey?

it just goes to show how you shouldn't always write players off there is always a manager out there can get the best out of them, another example is Jonathan Walters, rejected by Bolton and sunk down the leagues until he was at Chester, the other week he scores 2 against Bolton to put his team into the FA Cup final

A player we shouldn't have got rid of. Should have sent him out on loan instead of releasing him to Shrewsbury.

Norwich last season were a team Corney said were in a more dire financial situation than ourselves. Might explain the lack of investment for a promotion push. Their financial problems should ease a little now with promotion but they could do with being run better.

Shez didnt give him dogs abuse every time he played tho. the fans did.

[/quot

Wrong player. Tierney never got dogs abuse here in the main of the fans. Yet another let's beat our own fans up post. Latics fans are no worse then any others.

it just goes to show how you shouldn't always write players off there is always a manager out there can get the best out of them, another example is Jonathan Walters, rejected by Bolton and sunk down the leagues until he was at Chester, the other week he scores 2 against Bolton to put his team into the FA Cup final

I believe talent or determination alone are not always enough, but add them both together and it can make a massive difference.

Some players don't realise where they have gone wrong until it hits them how much they have lost out and fight back to succeed.

My message to young players is work hard, always try to improve, and be fully focused on what you want to achieve in the game.

Shez didnt give him dogs abuse every time he played tho. the fans did.

Wrong. Very.

Tierney's performances weren't always up to the mark, but Latics fans recognise hard work and commitment, and I don't ever recall Marc being on the end of any abuse other than that where the whole team's performance was questioned.

While some perceive Latics fans as habitual moaners with no football knowledge, we are so much more tolerant, understanding and unbiased than City or Utd fans.

Stop knocking the people whose gate money is helping keep the club in business.

fair play to him. he didnt look great when he was here but he's worked back up.

look at norwich too, they only just beat us at BP last year

Everyone that doesnt look great here fella and then moves to another club excel.

It's the club its cursed

I believe talent or determination alone are not always enough, but add them both together and it can make a massive difference.

Some players don't realise where they have gone wrong until it hits them how much they have lost out and fight back to succeed.

My message to young players is work hard, always try to improve, and be fully focused on what you want to achieve in the game.

I think you need a mixture of that, but also a managers decision will have a big impact on a players development, look at Ricky Lambert he was struggling in the lower leagues with Macclesfield, Stockport and Rochdale playing in midfield, then all of a sudden Bristol Rovers' Manager at the time decided to play him up front and he goes and bags a ton of goals and moves for over £1 million. I think in the past maybe we've not got the best out of certain players due to what a manager has been told to do, just look at Dean Furman

I think you need a mixture of that, but also a managers decision will have a big impact on a players development, look at Ricky Lambert he was struggling in the lower leagues with Macclesfield, Stockport and Rochdale playing in midfield, then all of a sudden Bristol Rovers' Manager at the time decided to play him up front and he goes and bags a ton of goals and moves for over £1 million. I think in the past maybe we've not got the best out of certain players due to what a manager has been told to do, just look at Dean Furman

Good point, a player can sometimes come good in another position, but coaches and managers should be trying this out in training not stumbling on it by accident as I've sometimes known happen.

Edited by BP1960