how much do you believe?

It's Corney's money, if he thinks it's a good deal then he can do what he likes. As long as he understands that us fans can do what we like with our money when they're trying to flog more season tickets. Fair's fair I suppose.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Corney's money, if he thinks it's a good deal then he can do what he likes. As long as he understands that us fans can do what we like with our money when they're trying to flog more season tickets. Fair's fair I suppose.

I think it really depends how ST sales go. If they are half decent then maybe only 1 out of the 3 will leave, with the assumption that it will be Stephens. If they ST sales are crap then i expect 2 if not all of them to be sold at some point during the season.

Still i dont think the club are daft enough to sell either Taylor or Furman (Dale will leave and we are prepared for that), while trying to increase ST sales. SC must weigh up the pro's and con's of cashing in on our best players and it goes back to the age old scenario where only quality on the pitch and results will increase attendances, but how can we get that by constant selling our best players. Its a tough call of SC and kind of think he will lose out either way.

By the way, are Bury due a percentage of Stephens's sell on fee? If so this could be a good negotiating tool for us to get a bit more for him.

...The way we gave up on trying to get a decent fee for an International (be it only Wales) like Neal Eardley showed all i needed to know about what 'reasonable offers' are.

Do you think we could get a decent fee for... say an Irish international?

selling ourself short again...

up until stephens left he was our leading scorer....if keiran lee hadnt won all the honours furman would have got them so 25ok for him is low...taylor finished the season as our top scorer..and 400k is also very low...believe it when i see it....lose 3 of our best players for under a million...bolloks....

I'll say it again, Furman is not going for £250k and Taylor is not going for £400k.

Difference with Eardley was though that he had 1 year left on his contract, and made it clear he wasnt going to sign another deal, hence we risked losing him for nowt.

Stephens has another two years left. We could easilly command a fee for 400k or so with add ons and a sell on clause, which is hardly going to break the bank for any championship club

We only risked getting nowt for Eardley, if he'd been inclined to do a Porter. I don't think he would have as it wouldn't have done his international prospects any favours.

well well.....

11 May 2011 17:34:46

A number of players Oldham Atletic have released have signed pre contracts with other clubs. Dean Brill has signed with Oxford United and Reuben Reid has signed with Chesterfield along with Andy Todd.

doubt it but even so :shock:

Quarter of a million for a promising young midfielder who has been team captain, scored over 10 goals from midfield and who is contracted to the club until 2014 is a joke

Such quirky facts mean nothing when valuing a player - managers will make their own assessment and bid accordingly.

Do you think we could get a decent fee for... say an Irish international?

I rest my case.

The only real value in length of contract is stopping young players leaving for nowt. If someone offers tuppence for taylor and we ask for two million because he has a contract they will in and get someone else on a free. 400k is 4k a week extra you could offer someone on a 2 year contract and there will be an awful lot of free agents out there.

Can't see a thread on released players (is there one & I'm being dumb?) so i'll stick this in here (Mods - feel free to move if there is one somewhere?)

Lee Carsley released by Coventry.

Massively experienced, a real leader; extremely vocal and an ‘old school’ player who wears Vaseline on his eyebrows – class!

I’ve said before that we need some experience to supplement the youngsters in the side – and where better to have that experience than slap bang in the centre of the park. Sure Carsley could come in & do a similar job to that which John Sheridan did so well for us in the twilight of his career?

Thoughts?

Can't see a thread on released players (is there one & I'm being dumb?) so i'll stick this in here (Mods - feel free to move if there is one somewhere?)

Lee Carsley released by Coventry.

Massively experienced, a real leader; extremely vocal and an ‘old school’ player who wears Vaseline on his eyebrows – class!

I’ve said before that we need some experience to supplement the youngsters in the side – and where better to have that experience than slap bang in the centre of the park. Sure Carsley could come in & do a similar job to that which John Sheridan did so well for us in the twilight of his career?

Thoughts?

its rather Mvoto or him carnt afford both or even one at that matter !