Abstract things that remind you of Latics...

Biting into a packed 'egg muffin' yesterday, my mind was immediately transported back to away journeys I made on Barlows coaches eating similar fare.

Is there a taste, sight, smell etc that brings Latics to mind in an obscure way for you too?

Having cigarette smoke blown in my face by total strangers, reminds me of walking to BP and then being in the standing crowd in the Main Stand. I can't stand the habit, but I love the memories.

clint.gif

Biting into a packed 'egg muffin' yesterday, my mind was immediately transported back to away journeys I made on Barlows coaches eating similar fare.

Is there a taste, sight, smell etc that brings Latics to mind in an obscure way for you too?

That was you was it?, that's why I stopped going on Barlows :redcard:

"loving each day" rownan Keaton and "out of touch" both songs played before latics

Also "Tom hark" by the pirihananas every time we scored. Notts forest at warne and liddell start the little arms up and down when we went 2-0 then 3-0 up good days

"loving each day" rownan Keaton and "out of touch" both songs played before latics

Also "Tom hark" by the pirihananas every time we scored. Notts forest at warne and liddell start the little arms up and down when we went 2-0 then 3-0 up good days

if we're talking music at games ones that stick out for me are "I feel good" and that Gary Glitter song they used to play before kick-off

if we're talking music at games ones that stick out for me are "I feel good" and that Gary Glitter song they used to play before kick-off

Anyone with a squeaky voice remembers me of the bloke at the back of the Chaddy End who used to shout out random inaudible things…

Tea-urns remind me of the tea-trolleys around the perimeter of the pitch..

The smell of a freshly printed programme, takes me back to the mid-80s when I was 9, freezin' my nads off in the Chaddy…

The smell of bovril, again back to the Chaddy End

Stale pies ditto

Cigar smoke ditto

Other memories off topic:-

Fanfare for the common man, played before the team came out

The teams running out separately, none of this walking out with the ref, and lining up to shake hands bollocks…

The old wooden terracing at the back of the Chaddy fenced off

The kid with the scruffy long blonde hair who used to push the tea-trolley round the pitch

The sight of little orange lights all over the terrace as various fans sparked up..

The manky Chaddy End toilets

Clinging for dear life on the Chaddy End fence during big games

The enormous pies

The big bags of crisps

Waggon Wheels

Klix Gum

The clock at the RRE

Weatherstall advert on the side of the Main Stand

Match Sponsors like Madge and Hoyle, Able Hire Co, Dannimac and Match-Mates when we played a potteries team...

Edited by oafcprozac

Pretty much any town i have been to with latics is forever associated with that before all else. So much of the country is one big hazy blur.

My English geography is decent for exactly the same reason...

On a similar note, regardless of where I'm going, if I get a train (Not watching us)and have a beer on there I'm always dissapointed that there isn't a game at the end of the journey.

Regarding abstarct things, know it's crude but there's a certain 'meat pie wind' that you smell at Latics that you occasionally get a whiff of in other walks of life

Burtons Fish n Chips followed by Klix Chewing Gum (and the resulting lack of breath and watering eyes!

The teams running out separately, none of this walking out with the ref, and lining up to shake hands bollocks…

I didn't even know that they used to do that

this thread is making me want to nip down to Tesco and see if they still sell waggon wheels

The smell of pies reminds me of Latics.

Seeing Coaches on the Motorway always reminds me of away days.

Even if it's a Thursday morning you have to have a look up just to check 'who they are'.... Usually just a group of pensioners on there way to Centre Parks

The kid with the scruffy long blonde hair who used to push the tea-trolley round the pitch

This reminds me of a trip to Hillsborough in the early/mid 90's. Two men, one a big fat one, were carrying a hot food display across behind the goal in front of the Latics fans. Who ate all the pies was sung from the rooftops and he looked devastated - pretty much every time I buy a pie I remember that.

The game is also memorable as the one time I saw the awesome green bovis in action as well as Andy Barlow wearing 7 and playing right midfield. :shock:

The smell of someone smoking Old Hoburn roll-ups. Gets me every time