• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I heard from a few people that he is on his way back. Probably nonsense really. I think Dickinson could do a job here

:grin: that has to be a joke!

le fondre: apps goals

stockport 63 18

rochdale 98 38

rotherham 91 50

252 106

dickinson

stockport 93 33

derby 0 0

hudd 36 6

b-pool 7 4

leeds 8 0

brighton 27 4

p'borough 9 3

barnsley 3 0

wallsall 4 0

r'dale 14 0

201 50

Le fondre is looking at scoring about 50% of games, Dickinson at just under 25%.

I'd take a player from lower league as they wanna prove themselves rather than someone whos from higher league and has that "I've done it all already" mentality I.E. Feeney/Reid an what appears to be, Dickinson.

Edited by bensonio

With a lot of strikers nowadays they have a malfunction, its what i like to call "The Ricketts"

Awesome for a season, and then :censored:e for the rest of their career, Dickinson fits that mould superbly, as does Chris Porter.

With a lot of strikers nowadays they have a malfunction, its what i like to call "The Ricketts"

Awesome for a season, and then :censored:e for the rest of their career, Dickinson fits that mould superbly, as does Chris Porter.

a new adjective is "Budtz".

Budtz (adj) - Extremely poor in performance.

Using Budtz in a sentence: "My car isn't running very well. In fact its absolutely Budtz"

Edited by pukka

10 in 84 games suggests to me he isnt the droid we are looking for

Yeah but I think he'll turn out like Danny Graham, piss poor goalscoring record for his first 6 or so clubs as he's gain experience, then out of nowhere banging them in for fun. Very similar style of player to Graham as well.

Yeah but I think he'll turn out like Danny Graham, piss poor goalscoring record for his first 6 or so clubs as he's gain experience, then out of nowhere banging them in for fun. Very similar style of player to Graham as well.

will be interesting to see if any of the newly promoted teams to the prem buy Graham , no doubt QPR will he is a Warnock type striker

yes we need a striker or 2, but reality is that we are not going to pick up someone on a free who bangs in 20 gooals in a season, not happening.

We can/will get someone like Donaldson at Crewe who may get us 15 goals in a season, you then need to hope the 2nd striker can bag 10-15 goals along with a few from the others eg Bembeo etc - not feeney cos he is simply the worst player I have ever seen us sign, up front anyway - literally will not get you a goal as we have seen.

The 2nd striker alongside who you hope gets 10-15 needs to be someone youngish who you can develop and create into a regular scorer eg Hoskins etc.

All this 'he isnt the answer' - well, maybe 'he' will unfortunately have to be, alongside another decentish forward and decent midfield in the hope that they fit into the team play and manage to grab more goals than you anticipated.

That's the way it has and always will be unless we become owned by another money-laiden bloke and his dog who insists on paying £200k a pop for players.

I've heard Dickov is trying to get Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on loan on the oafc board. The lad is usually right about that kind of stuff. Jay's meant to be good mates with Cedric Evina.

We won't get him, he's an excellent player but there is no harm in trying Dickov! (If this is true!)

I've heard Dickov is trying to get Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on loan on the oafc board. The lad is usually right about that kind of stuff. Jay's meant to be good mates with Cedric Evina.

We won't get him, he's an excellent player but there is no harm in trying Dickov! (If this is true!)

Like for like for Hardy?

My, the rumour-mongers have been busy. . . . . .

All this on http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/oldham-rumours.php.

"Hull City are wrestling with newly promoted Brighton for the services of Oumare Tounkana after the Oldham Athletic striker impressed this season scoring 3 goals in 28 appearances".

"Rochdale are also interested in signing Oldham's Warren Feeney, as replacement for star striker Chris O'Grady, who is due to sign a 2 year deal with Championship outfit Reading".

"Dean furman in second round of talks with a move to southampton it is believed furman has been offered a 2 year contract with the transfer fee to be in the region of £375 k . . Latics team mate stephens to sign a 3 year deal for £400 k. . chris taylor has been offered a new deal with his home town club along with a offer from burnley. .meanwhile morais is set to stay at oldham with an offer of a new 12 month contract along with trialist forward benji.

The rumours go on and on . . . . .

"Hull City are wrestling with newly promoted Brighton for the services of Oumare Tounkana after the Oldham Athletic striker impressed this season scoring 3 goals in 28 appearances".

"Rochdale are also interested in signing Oldham's Warren Feeney, as replacement for star striker Chris O'Grady, who is due to sign a 2 year deal with Championship outfit Reading".

"Dean furman in second round of talks with a move to southampton it is believed furman has been offered a 2 year contract with the transfer fee to be in the region of £375 k . . Latics team mate stephens to sign a 3 year deal for £400 k. . chris taylor has been offered a new deal with his home town club along with a offer from burnley. .meanwhile morais is set to stay at oldham with an offer of a new 12 month contract along with trialist forward benji.

Tank got 7 in 44

NO WAY will a man of Keith Hill's judgment sign Warren Feeney.