Worst moment watching latics

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing 3-0 to Hartlepool last season, that was an awful Friday night, Dean Brill :censored: ups on free kicks!

Exeter coming back from 3-0 down to come to 3-3 this season

7-1 Cardiff

Play-Off heartbreak

Mark Hughes - no contest….from elation to being so low I could of crawled out of a snakes arse within a millisecond...

When Penney's in charge, actually scrap that, i can't remember, fell sleep during games.

Dale beating us felt quite bad, as did the 7-1 thrashing by Cardiff, and Blackpool at home in play-offs, and from Feb onwards majority of seasons.

Aside from that goal:

Loosing to Spurs a couple of weeks later on a thursday night to virtually send us down, to make matters worse I had a quite public bet with my teacher (who was a Spurs fan) and had to face them next morning.

Finding out we had lost the FA cup replay the next morning in 1990.

Le Tiss's third for Saints (OK it worked out all right but you had to be a bigger believer than me to be confident when that went in).

Blackpool away in the play-offs.

Listening to QPR scoring in the play-offs whilt trying to revise for a first year uni exam.

The day after getting spanked 5-0 at Reading, heard a lot of 5 past Kelly jokes that day.

Not old enough to remember that unfortunately!

I don't know whether to go your poor bastard, as you missed a lot of joy and highs around those times, or go you lucky bastard because that goal weren't half a grand old kick in the bollocks.

In recent years, the play-off defeat at QPR (look at them now) and subsequent fallout. I never want to feel as low as that about football ever again.

In recent years, the play-off defeat at QPR (look at them now) and subsequent fallout. I never want to feel as low as that about football ever again.

I was thinking about that earlier.

With Moore being wanted for so many crimes and the hindsight information we have in a twisted way I'm glad we lost those games.

All evidence suggests that had we gone up we'd have continued to spend wildly beyond our means, Moore would most likely have done a bunk with us in an even worse financial state than we were when he actually did one and we'd have probably been playing non-league football at best by now!

Small graces and all that...

I don't know whether to go your poor bastard, as you missed a lot of joy and highs around those times, or go you lucky bastard because that goal weren't half a grand old kick in the bollocks.

eitherway, he's a bastard :wink:

QPR was just horrible. T'other one was horrible, and I can't stay in a room or a pub when I suspect that they are going to run a montage of FA Cup semi-final highlights. I think the latter was the worst moment but the first the worst match.

I almost felt the replay after THAT goal was worse. I honestly thought we'd do 'em in the replay. As it became clear we were already deflated, that's when my personal bubble burst.

I think you must have been the only one who thought that. Including the players. Most of us feared our chance had likely gone after that goal, which is why it sucked oh so many donkey balls.