Huddersfield staying down

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been on their forum, looks like they were all battling between each other??? What a bunch of looney inbreds!

to be fair from what I read earlier it did sound like some really nasty things went on in their end today

their fans claim they don't care about other but this thread had me thinking otherwise

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=57893

Edited by Tommy_Fent

to be fair from what I read earlier it did sound like some really nasty things went on in their end today

their fans claim they don't care about other but this thread had me thinking otherwise

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=57893

They are bang on with the comments about our @@@@hole of a town though

Oh dear me!! Some bitter and twisted 3rd division 'fans' on there last night!!

Yorkshires finest warriors out in force and giving it large to their 'lowly' neighbours.

As for the town being a hole etc etc - like everywhere we certainly have our areas and yes as has been discussed to death, the ground is a state - but you know, it's still the town I live in, the club that I support and if you don't like - don't come and if you're here and don't like it, then get off your ass and feck off somewhere else rather than staying here moaning about it.

I cant even imagine how gutted the Huddersfield fans must be feeling now. 87 points, six months unbeaten, millions spent assembling a sqaud and their team throws it away in the last game but that's why we love Football because I was convinced they were going to win today

personally; I was pissing myself over that very fact........they've spent millions of pounds on assembling that side; and still come up short - after all the fanfare, after all their fans coming on here trying to 'give it the big 'un', after all the chest beating and posturing outside the Galpharm this season........and its still L1 for them again.

for me - i was made up they failed - from a finacial POV for our club; but also because; well, it serves them right - dont count your chickens and all that.....

tbh mate even though a lot of your fans don't want to admit it, had the roles been reversed there would be an element of your fans having a little chuckle at our expense

True, but a little chuckle is a long way from what you had at our expense. When I got in yesterday I mentioned that I'd made a mistake in popping onto DATM, a couple of mates must have checked what I was talking about as I was asked a couple of times later in the evening what your problem was, and why you hated us.

I was there today and it's a bit hypocritical to talk about Oldham fans being magnanimous when plenty (admittedly not the majority) of your own fans clearly weren't. There was in-fighting between Town fans and loads of the free "believe" (slogan probably © Sean Jarvis) t-shirts being chucked onto the pitch after the second goal went in. If Latics fans had've done that, I'd have been very ashamed.

I was ashamed, though the fighting didn't really have anything to do with the football as far as I'm concerned. The individuals responsible will be in prison before long, a lot of people saw the fight live and apparently someone filmed it and put it on facebook to help identify the culprits... I haven't read anyone who's recognised them yet, which suggests that they're not regulars, as usually at least someone drinks in the same pub before home matches as them/sits near them at home matches/has been with them in a low away following. Add to that the posts on DATM from people saying that they'd been sat further around the tier and had been trying to provoke people earlier in the day, I would speculate (and this is pure speculation) that they were a group of chavs that were on the look out for some trouble, and when we were 3-0 down someone had a bit of a nibble at their provokation and had their head kicked in.

The t-shirts really annoyed me, the team didn't deserve to have fans turn on them like that, they've been excellent for the second half of the season, and although the performance wasn't faultless yesterday we could easily have won. That said, it's a bit different for someone who's just seen their season go from success to disaster to overreact and throw their t-shirt away than it is for someone to actively spent 5 minutes or so signing up on a website purely to kick people when they're down. That said, I do accept that we'd have some dickheads who would do the same.

personally; I was pissing myself over that very fact........they've spent millions of pounds on assembling that side; and still come up short - after all the fanfare, after all their fans coming on here trying to 'give it the big 'un', after all the chest beating and posturing outside the Galpharm this season........and its still L1 for them again.

for me - i was made up they failed - from a finacial POV for our club; but also because; well, it serves them right - dont count your chickens and all that.....

To be fair, I remember being on here after that game and being told how we'd be seeing you in the Play Offs. We may be gutted right now, but in a week or so we can look back at the highlights of the season and be proud. You may be happy that we haven't managed promotion, but we've had a much richer season than you.

At the end of the day, you go to football to enjoy yourself, and I've enjoyed this season massively... by the time I refound myself at Arsenal when we scored, I was panting like a marathon runner, when our fans sang Smile Awhile before extra time of the Bournemouth match it gave me goosebumps, when Kay's penalty hit the roof of the net 40 minutes later I've never seen jubilation like it at a home match, when we outclassed Wednesday at Hillsborough, the recording of the commentator on Radio Leeds when we scored a last minute winner at Brentford. I think of you as a more extreme version of us when Davy was at the helm and I have more highlights from this Play Off campaign than I do of our entire spell in League One under his ownership.

True, but a little chuckle is a long way from what you had at our expense. When I got in yesterday I mentioned that I'd made a mistake in popping onto DATM, a couple of mates must have checked what I was talking about as I was asked a couple of times later in the evening what your problem was, and why you hated us.

I was ashamed, though the fighting didn't really have anything to do with the football as far as I'm concerned. The individuals responsible will be in prison before long, a lot of people saw the fight live and apparently someone filmed it and put it on facebook to help identify the culprits... I haven't read anyone who's recognised them yet, which suggests that they're not regulars, as usually at least someone drinks in the same pub before home matches as them/sits near them at home matches/has been with them in a low away following. Add to that the posts on DATM from people saying that they'd been sat further around the tier and had been trying to provoke people earlier in the day, I would speculate (and this is pure speculation) that they were a group of chavs that were on the look out for some trouble, and when we were 3-0 down someone had a bit of a nibble at their provokation and had their head kicked in.

The t-shirts really annoyed me, the team didn't deserve to have fans turn on them like that, they've been excellent for the second half of the season, and although the performance wasn't faultless yesterday we could easily have won. That said, it's a bit different for someone who's just seen their season go from success to disaster to overreact and throw their t-shirt away than it is for someone to actively spent 5 minutes or so signing up on a website purely to kick people when they're down. That said, I do accept that we'd have some dickheads who would do the same.

To be fair, I remember being on here after that game and being told how we'd be seeing you in the Play Offs. We may be gutted right now, but in a week or so we can look back at the highlights of the season and be proud. You may be happy that we haven't managed promotion, but we've had a much richer season than you.

At the end of the day, you go to football to enjoy yourself, and I've enjoyed this season massively... by the time I refound myself at Arsenal when we scored, I was panting like a marathon runner, when our fans sang Smile Awhile before extra time of the Bournemouth match it gave me goosebumps, when Kay's penalty hit the roof of the net 40 minutes later I've never seen jubilation like it at a home match, when we outclassed Wednesday at Hillsborough, the recording of the commentator on Radio Leeds when we scored a last minute winner at Brentford. I think of you as a more extreme version of us when Davy was at the helm and I have more highlights from this Play Off campaign than I do of our entire spell in League One under his ownership.

And so you should have with a much richer bank balance! We took 4 points off you aswell and battered you into oblivion at our place, even Lee Clark said you should have been 4 down at half time. At the end of the day we are having a laugh at your expense right now and rightly so. You may be surprised that half your inbreds wanting to beat the :censored: out of each other but its no surprise to me and many others on here, and you lot can beat on as much as you want about Oldham being a :censored: hole and to an extent you are right but in 35 years of watching Latics I have never seen Oldham fans beat each other half to death, I mean stamping on someone unconscious.

Wallow in your shame, you lot deserve nothing better!

I have no problem with Huddersfield. I just hate Peter "Pele" Clarke. - Not as much as I hate Darren Ferguson.

Yesterday was a win win situation. I was going to laugh at whoever stayed down.

They are bang on with the comments about our @@@@hole of a town though

A few select quotes from the link

I do some work in Oldham and its a desperate place. The state of their football ground reflects the state of the town and to be honest, if I had to live their then I'd be officially depressed. My best mates would be Samaritans I think...

I can see how they dive into the Internet to escape the reality of their town and if the only joy they have is from laughing at other people's failures then that says all you need to know

Love the Oldham posts!Horrible place.

This is no lie, check it out online if you dont believe me but....Oldham is so vile and insignificant the authorities have severed it's links to the civilised world by disconnecting it from the national rail network! And the locals think this is a step forward too!!!!

They have no idea that the rest of the country is rejoicing that it's now a real bitch to get to Oldham in anything other than a car because that means the inbred and highly objectionable locals can't get out (unless they are being transferred to Strangeways of course)

I'm not one or praising local authorities but well done there boys! Taxes WELL SPENT!! Perhaps we can we raise a petition for the blocking up all the slip roads off the m62 and m60 to help keep them contained?

I don't think they are far wrong with some of them

And so you should have with a much richer bank balance! We took 4 points off you aswell and battered you into oblivion at our place, even Lee Clark said you should have been 4 down at half time. At the end of the day we are having a laugh at your expense right now and rightly so. You may be surprised that half your inbreds wanting to beat the :censored: out of each other but its no surprise to me and many others on here, and you lot can beat on as much as you want about Oldham being a :censored: hole and to an extent you are right but in 35 years of watching Latics I have never seen Oldham fans beat each other half to death, I mean stamping on someone unconscious.

Wallow in your shame, you lot deserve nothing better!

But why are you laughing at our expense? We've had a better season than you; in 30/40 years time, I'll still remember certain moments from this season, and of those there will be a few fond memories and one bad memory... what will you be remembering from your season?

As I said in my earlier post, there is a significant chance that those instigating the fighting weren't proper Town fans. Even if they were, it's half a dozen scumbags, not even a small proportion of our support. A lot of Town fans tried to break up the fight, but were held back and attacked themselves, the rest of the crowd that couldn't access the upper tier booed and chanted at the attackers and the main perpetrator had to be protected by police after he'd been arrested as he was being attacked by Town fans, whilst violence isn't the answer, at least that displays the how widely he was condemned by our support.

The guy also wasn't unconscious, he stood up after the attack and tried to get back at his attackers as they were dragged away. Not in the best taste to fabricate rumours about such an awful incident.

But why are you laughing at our expense? We've had a better season than you; in 30/40 years time, I'll still remember certain moments from this season, and of those there will be a few fond memories and one bad memory... what will you be remembering

it all comes down to expectations. I expected relegation. Most Huddersfield fans seemed to feel that the money spent justified promotion, regardless of what happened on the pitch.

Your stadium announcer on the radio before kick off yesterday was full of the "we're a big club" bollocks that makes fans of other teams want you to trip up. That made the outcome quite a bit more satisfying. Yeah you won the league a few times when my Granny went through puberty, your ground is sexier than most in the league and your chairnan's been happy to throw some money at it. But it's not a god given right to greatness.

In the end, I'd rather travel to the Galpharm than London Road. But it would be rude not to take advantage of the opportunity for a little banter.

From Hudders forum:

This is no lie, check it out online if you dont believe me but....Oldham is so vile and insignificant the authorities have severed it's links to the civilised world by disconnecting it from the national rail network! And the locals think this is a step forward too!!!!

They have no idea that the rest of the country is rejoicing that it's now a real bitch to get to Oldham in anything other than a car because that means the inbred and highly objectionable locals can't get out (unless they are being transferred to Strangeways of course)

I'm not one or praising local authorities but well done there boys! Taxes WELL SPENT!! Perhaps we can we raise a petition for the blocking up all the slip roads off the m62 and m60 to help keep them contained?

Oldham really is no more than a glorified refugee camp...

People from Huddersfield calling us Inbred and highly objectionable :lol:

All you can do is laugh...

I'll never understand why people go on other sides' message boards. Completely and utterly pointless exercise.

Part of football really though isn't it particularly when you have 2 teams close in geography

That said I wont be going on down at the mac to lord it up because I find that type of stuff abit boring personally, and because at the end of the day Huddersfield fans like us shun the prima donnas of the premier league and go all over the country supporting their local team.

Looking forward to them coming next season and a trip to the Galpharm.

tbh although you yourself and a lot of other fans see us as a bit insignificant you certainly have supporters bothered about our fortunes, I seem to remember when we lost in the play-offs in 2007 that you had fans coming on here mocking us along with the other usual suspects (Tranmere, Rochdale, Wigan) every club has keyboard warriors, plus you may see yourselves as too big a club to care about little Oldham but I'm sure that Leeds feel exactly the way about you, so none of us can go on and claim the moral high ground really

As for the Huddersfield fan who got assaulted I hope that not only he is alright but that this incident doesn't alienate him as well as other fans who whitnessed it from attending Football matches in future, I hope the attackers get sent to justice

Edited by Tommy_Fent

But why are you laughing at our expense? We've had a better season than you; in 30/40 years time, I'll still remember certain moments from this season, and of those there will be a few fond memories and one bad memory... what will you be remembering from your season?

As I said in my earlier post, there is a significant chance that those instigating the fighting weren't proper Town fans. Even if they were, it's half a dozen scumbags, not even a small proportion of our support. A lot of Town fans tried to break up the fight, but were held back and attacked themselves, the rest of the crowd that couldn't access the upper tier booed and chanted at the attackers and the main perpetrator had to be protected by police after he'd been arrested as he was being attacked by Town fans, whilst violence isn't the answer, at least that displays the how widely he was condemned by our support.

The guy also wasn't unconscious, he stood up after the attack and tried to get back at his attackers as they were dragged away. Not in the best taste to fabricate rumours about such an awful incident.

Now you really are talking out of your fat yaarkshire arsehole. A better season than we have had for 30/40 years time??? So is 3rd in the third division and losing in the play offs better than us losing in the play offs twice in the last 8/9 years? Is it better than a League cup final appearance in 1990? The same season when we had a 3 - 3 draw with Man U, who very fortunately pipped us in an FA Cup Semi Final replay (when it actually meant summat)? Or is it better than the 3 season we spent in the Premiership knocking out great wins against Man U, City, Chelsea and Liverpool? Before we agin took Man U to an FA Cup Semi Final replay?

I am not one for clinging to the past but to say you have had a better season than we have had in 30/40 years time shows you havn't got a clue what you are talking about.

See you next year for at least 4 points :lol:

tbh although you yourself and a lot of other fans see us as a bit insignificant you certainly have supporters bothered about our fortunes, I seem to remember when we lost in the play-offs in 2007 that you had fans coming on here mocking us along with the other usual suspects (Tranmere, Rochdale, Wigan) every club has keyboard warriors, plus you may see yourselves as too big a club to care about little Oldham but I'm sure that Leeds feel exactly the way about you, so none of us can go on and claim the moral high ground really

As for the Huddersfield fan who got assaulted I hope that not only he is alright but that this incident doesn't alienate him as well as other fans who whitnessed it from attending Football matches in future, I hope the attackers get sent to justice

Agree with that, good post.

Now you really are talking out of your fat yaarkshire arsehole. A better season than we have had for 30/40 years time??? So is 3rd in the third division and losing in the play offs better than us losing in the play offs twice in the last 8/9 years? Is it better than a League cup final appearance in 1990? The same season when we had a 3 - 3 draw with Man U, who very fortunately pipped us in an FA Cup Semi Final replay (when it actually meant summat)? Or is it better than the 3 season we spent in the Premiership knocking out great wins against Man U, City, Chelsea and Liverpool? Before we agin took Man U to an FA Cup Semi Final replay?

I am not one for clinging to the past but to say you have had a better season than we have had in 30/40 years time shows you havn't got a clue what you are talking about.

See you next year for at least 4 points :lol:

No, try reading it again. But yes, I'm the one that hasn't got a clue what I'm talking about.

Banter between fans from opposing teams is all part and parcel of football but what I would like to say to Huddersfield fans on this forum is

You may have finished above us this season but we have not spent millions trying to buy out of this League 1 (like you and failed)

In fact please remind me of the results in the games between our teams last season

and also if you feel the need to talk about past glories please remind me who were one of the founder members of the Premier League

:petesake: Punctuation is the key with his post, I think. I'd review the comment again if I were you...