Donaldson

As annoying as the 'Bovis Brigade' can be, (as I and a few others like to call them) if you are going to grow as a club and make sustainable progress, its those fairweather fans who you need to convert into regulars, and as Zorro correctly pointed out, it is down to the club and the team to give them a reason to come back.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you need them but it jsut annoys me when they come and don't know anything but slag them off. Love them to go bournemouth and watch us get beat 4 nil under talbot and even last years three nil. but they wouldn't! Hopefully donaldson does sign today.

I know what you mean..

I remember when we played Carlisle at home last year and it was pretty much full. This women next to me was like "Come on BOYS!!!!!!" then she turned to her husband and said "I don't know there names, I'm usually watching Man United". When we made errors, she suddenly went "OHHH YOU'RE CRAP"

It's stupid tbh.

<_<

Do those 'in the know'know for sure that we getting Donaldson, Chesterfield seem very confident that they will sign him this week along with COG. I think Donaldson is much more likely to go there than here, if not there always Cody Mc

why would Shez sign COG ? He signed him for Latics and then didnt play him ! In fact why would COG want to play for Shez again ?!

NOTTS County have held talks with striker Clayton Donaldson, last season's leading scorer in League Two, about a move to Meadow Lane, and the 27-year-old is poised to decide his future.

Donaldson is being chased by several clubs this summer after scoring 28 goals for Crewe Alexandra in the basement division last season, and turning down a new deal at Gresty Road.

Magpies' boss Martin Allen is eager to add greater firepower to his side because they scored the fewest goals in League One last season.

Allen has also made an attempt to sign former Nottingham Forest striker Marlon Harewood, offering him a two-year deal at Meadow Lane.

After beginning his career at Hull City, Donaldson dropped into non-league and earned a reputation as a prolific scorer by netting 42 goals in 88 games for York City in the Conference, during two seasons with the Minstermen.

After a season playing for Hibernian in the Scottish Premier League, he joined Crewe in August 2008 and went on to score 49 goals in 130 games.

His agent, Andy Sprott, said Donaldson is "close" to agreeing a deal with a club, but was unprepared to reveal if it is Notts because of a confidentiality agreement with the club.

Doubt we have the foresight to include a confidentiality clause to be honest...

Hmm we are the club that always seeks confideniality over transfer fees, so why not this to?

We have complained of deals being hijacked in the past and if he can't sign proper until the 1st, then that could be why?

In which case, will we find out today one way or another?

Hmm we are the club that always seeks confideniality over transfer fees, so why not this to?

We have complained of deals being hijacked in the past and if he can't sign proper until the 1st, then that could be why?

In which case, will we find out today one way or another?

Today hopefully - hoping for another MVoto type announcement...that would set me up for the weekend :lol:

I wonder if Millwall fans felt the same way about Steve Morison. That worked out quite well.

Or us when we signed Chris Porter

Or Swindon fans when they signed Charlie Austin from Poole

Or Fulham fans when they signed Chris Smalling from Maidstone

Or Peterborough when they signed Craig Makail Smith from lowly Dagenham

Or Crystal Palace fans when they signed an unknown Ian Wright from a sunday league club

Or Coventry City when they signed an unknown Stuart Pearce from Wealdstone, its not as if he's going to represent England in the semi finals...

Or Bristol Rovers when they signed Ricky Lambert from 4th division Rochdale

Or Peterborough when they signed George Boyd from Stevenage

None of them ever went on to do anything did they

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Notts County and Preston have both thrown their hats into the ring apparently.

Not comfortable with this, I'd move onto other targets rather than someone whoreing himself around the whole of League One, it's clear he's not arsed where he plays as long as a team makes with the wonga. That's not the type of person we should be bringing into our tight-knit group and i'm sure Dicky will do the right thing.