Donaldson

Not comfortable with this, I'd move onto other targets rather than someone whoreing himself around the whole of League One, it's clear he's not arsed where he plays as long as a team makes with the wonga. That's not the type of person we should be bringing into our tight-knit group and i'm sure Dicky will do the right thing.

Yeah hoepfully if hes got any sense, he will ignore you and sign a 20 goal a season striker like Donaldson. Jeez people moan like buggery about getting someone who finds the net and when we get one (ala Hughes, Davies) we want them out because they are disruptive! I know what lets get the prolific Tounkara back in, he was a lovely lad

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah hoepfully if hes got any sense, he will ignore you and sign a 20 goal a season striker like Donaldson. Jeez people moan like buggery about getting someone who finds the net and when we get one (ala Hughes, Davies) we want them out because they are disruptive! I know what lets get the prolific Tounkara back in, he was a lovely lad

Ok, let's land ourselves with another Killen. I'd much prefer to sign a lad chomping at the bit than a guy who has already done a 'Porter' to York, when signing for Hibs and not had the decency to let his manager know what his intentions are. The guy's a mercenary and has been linked with 3/4 of League One and half of the Championship. He's in it for the money, can't see him being the sort of chap who will play through niggles and give his all for the cause.

Ok, let's land ourselves with another Killen. I'd much prefer to sign a lad chomping at the bit than a guy who has already done a 'Porter' to York, when signing for Hibs and not had the decency to let his manager know what his intentions are. The guy's a mercenary and has been linked with 3/4 of League One and half of the Championship. He's in it for the money, can't see him being the sort of chap who will play through niggles and give his all for the cause.

If he scores 25 goals a season and then sods off are we really in a position to be fussy?

He will still score 20+ goals at this level, something Latics could do with if they ever have any intention of promotion. Im not 100% sure why but most people are happy with a 15th place finish, me Id prefer to see someone like Donaldson who will give us a chance at promotion (although when he doesnt score in his 1st 3 games, he will be branded lazy :censored: and money grabbing anyway). Id be more than happy if Donaldson signed, scored 20 goals, got us in the top half of the table with a chance at promotion and then fooked off to *insert :censored: Scottish team* next year. So long as we sign someone who can score, I couldnt give a rats arse what they are like. I pay my money to watch an entertaining performance on a Saturday afternoon, thats all Im bothered about!

Not comfortable with this, I'd move onto other targets rather than someone whoreing himself around the whole of League One, it's clear he's not arsed where he plays as long as a team makes with the wonga. That's not the type of person we should be bringing into our tight-knit group and i'm sure Dicky will do the right thing.

I think we can all agree that if he was to sign for us he wouldnt be signing for the "wonga" as we have none!

if he does come here then he must be signing for the right reasons

but I thinkwe can forget about him anyway, if it wasnt about the money then he could have signed for us by now and started pre-season - he hasnt so he is off somewhere else if you ask me.

I think we can all agree that if he was to sign for us he wouldnt be signing for the "wonga" as we have none!

if he does come here then he must be signing for the right reasons

but I thinkwe can forget about him anyway, if it wasnt about the money then he could have signed for us by now and started pre-season - he hasnt so he is off somewhere else if you ask me.

Agree

So basically, if we have got a chance of signing him, its not for the money and we should continue to chase him. If hes not in it for the money, he won't sign for us anyway. Which basically leads up back to where we were before we pidgeon holed him.

3 negative clicks on my post. Oldham fans are thick as pig :censored:

According to the chesterfield forum he's agreed a 3year contract with a club and will be announced on monday.

If its true (i dont know where they have got the info from) it wont be us offering a 3year deal will it?

GET IN!

So glad Chesterfield didn't get him. They seem a bit too big for their boots at the minute, Chesterfield fans, with the comments like "We can't lose out on signing Donaldson to Oldham", "Why would he join Oldham? We're going places"....similar comments were heralded by Bristol Rovers fans last season when we were both linked to Feeney which is why I took such joy at them hiring Penney and getting relegated.

Thank fook for that, ok he scored 29 goals last season and there's a slight tinge of disappointment but if you watch all his goals he's a very one dimensional player, almost all are from getting in behind. I'd prefer a fox in the box type, Donaldson isn't that.

Glad that's over and we can look elsewhere….

Wow where did that come from? Been linked everywhere it seems but for there, ah well its all about Cody Mc now unless he has gone somewhere.

Speaking of Cody Mc, the two other teams linked with moves for him have signed strikers. Huddersfield have signed Donal McDermott and Peterborough have signed Nicky Ajose, maybe paves a way for us, a small chance.

Although Norwich are supposedly interested in signing Anthony Pilkington, a deal for McDonald could be arranged as apart of that transfer.

Dickov said he was confident in getting his targets and said he wasn't worried at all in his interview with Latics Player the other day.

Edited by PlayItLivo

didnt see him going to brentford... theyre not known for having loads of money are they? good signing for them really, must be their new manager persuading him.

Signed Jonathan Douglas too. He would have been a good replacement for Stephens.