Donaldson

GET IN!

So glad Chesterfield didn't get him. They seem a bit too big for their boots at the minute, Chesterfield fans, with the comments like "We can't lose out on signing Donaldson to Oldham", "Why would he join Oldham? We're going places"....similar comments were heralded by Bristol Rovers fans last season when we were both linked to Feeney which is why I took such joy at them hiring Penney and getting relegated.

You should take a look at some of B2_Ben's posts on FootballForums.net...

What a slimy boring turd he is.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GET IN!

So glad Chesterfield didn't get him. They seem a bit too big for their boots at the minute, Chesterfield fans, with the comments like "We can't lose out on signing Donaldson to Oldham", "Why would he join Oldham? We're going places"....similar comments were heralded by Bristol Rovers fans last season when we were both linked to Feeney which is why I took such joy at them hiring Penney and getting relegated.

But they are going places, look were they used to play and look what they have now, along with a 7000 average crowd in a great stadium.

Id call that great progression

But they are going places, look were they used to play and look what they have now, along with a 7000 average crowd in a great stadium.

Yep, they're definitely going in the right direction, but they're still only in League One and generally always seem to flirt with relegation or get relegated when they're in this division, so real progression will be them challenging for the a play off position this season. I'm yet to be convinced that they'll be up there, but we'll see come the start of the season. I still think it's a bit too soon for them to be jumping on their high horse and looking down their noses at poor little Oldham.

Thank fook for that, ok he scored 29 goals last season and there's a slight tinge of disappointment but if you watch all his goals he's a very one dimensional player, almost all are from getting in behind. I'd prefer a fox in the box type, Donaldson isn't that.

Glad that's over and we can look elsewhere….

Yeah the club and fans must be chuffed to bits that one of our rivals have signed a striker who scored 29 goals last season instead of us.

Great news!

Yeah the club and fans must be chuffed to bits that one of our rivals have signed a striker who scored 29 goals last season instead of us.

Great news!

Dickov said we held talks, but there's nothing to say Dickov didn't think he was a bit of a cock after that one meeting thinking he was whoreing himself around and a bit of as money grabbing cock?

As for Cody Mc, he's got a contract so can take as long as he likes, he knows he can go on loan or sign for someone permanently and apparently has always been PD's number one target. So let's wait and see but personally I think a nippy little fox in the box ala Cody Mc is exactly what we need rather than lumping balls up for Clayton Donaldson to get in behind. A guy who struggled badly in the SPL, ok he's done well in the Conference and 4th Division, but so did O'Grady and hiw many did he score last season? Donaldson's pace is his main asset if you watch his highlights reel, but if you don't give him the shoulder option then I reckon he's no plan b as he's not really a poacher…if he had ambition surely he would have gone to a club with a good vibe and hopes of challenging like Chesterfield? Instead he followed the bright lights...

Yep, they're definitely going in the right direction, but they're still only in League One and generally always seem to flirt with relegation or get relegated when they're in this division, so real progression will be them challenging for the a play off position this season. I'm yet to be convinced that they'll be up there, but we'll see come the start of the season. I still think it's a bit too soon for them to be jumping on their high horse and looking down their noses at poor little Oldham.

I remember playing them at home last day a few seasons ago when we'd confirmed our play off spot and they'd been relegated. Felt like a good time to be a Latics fan, tides have turned pretty quickly.

Can someone explain why ive got into the red with this quote, minus 2.

Its a valid reply with no bad language or conflict.

didnt see him going to brentford... theyre not known for having loads of money are they? good signing for them really, must be their new manager persuading him.

They've had a lot of investment recently, most of which has gone into their youth set-up and Stadium plans but I wouldn't be suprised to see them at least in the top 10 next season

Dickov said we held talks, but there's nothing to say Dickov didn't think he was a bit of a cock after that one meeting thinking he was whoreing himself around and a bit of as money grabbing cock?

As for Cody Mc, he's got a contract so can take as long as he likes, he knows he can go on loan or sign for someone permanently and apparently has always been PD's number one target. So let's wait and see but personally I think a nippy little fox in the box ala Cody Mc is exactly what we need rather than lumping balls up for Clayton Donaldson to get in behind. A guy who struggled badly in the SPL, ok he's done well in the Conference and 4th Division, but so did O'Grady and hiw many did he score last season? Donaldson's pace is his main asset if you watch his highlights reel, but if you don't give him the shoulder option then I reckon he's no plan b as he's not really a poacher…if he had ambition surely he would have gone to a club with a good vibe and hopes of challenging like Chesterfield? Instead he followed the bright lights...

I agree, I think, JMV and CMcD are his top 2 targets - i think we may just get Cody, maybe not permanently but definately in with a shout of a loan deal if that is what he is leaning towards.

I think PD's Scottish links and the fact that he wants to build a young team and go for promotion might appeal to him.

There is a guy over on the hudds board who is a friend of a friend of Cody's and from what he said a month or so ago, this friend of his called him to say he was keen on a move to Oldham, which he said made him 'feel physically sick' at the thought of us outdoing Hudds.

We shall see

Edited by shefflatic

Seems I might have hit the nail on the head.

Latics striker search goes on

Reporter: Matthew Chambers

Date online: 04 July 2011

ATHLETIC manager Paul Dickov has set his sights elsewhere on a new striker after Clayton Donaldson’s switch to Brentford.

The 29-year-old striker, who was being chased by a host of clubs, joined the Bees late last week.

Dickov had an inkling 10 days ago that the ex-Crewe striker would not be heading to Boundary Park and stressed that he wants players to arrive at the club for footballing reasons rather than for pay cheques.

“I spoke to Clayton and his agent a few times and it got to the stage where the sort of figures that was being talked about were too much for us,” he said.

“we knew if it came down to a bidding war then we would not be able to compete.

“We want to get players in here like big Jean-Yves Mvoto. He could have gone elsewhere for more money but he chose to come here.

“It has to be the right sort of person and we are constantly on the telephone.

“We will take our time over it and there is no rush.”

I was chatting to a Crewe fan at weekend, at a christening do. The subject came up about Donaldson, and his take on it was the 28 goals he score made him look to be better than he was. The way he described it, whilst he's a decent striker he was still as prone to falling over the ball in a heap just when he's about to pull the trigger.

That said, it does sound like the way he's been pimping himself to a club paying the highest salary makes me think the Bees are welcome to him. I'll happily side with Dickov who wants to assemble a side with hunger and desire rather than ones seeing the £ signs. Fair play.