Will we actually sign anyone?

I guess if you wanted Dickov could be busy signing the JP Kalalas, Jon Worthingtons and the Guy Branstons of this world but if you want a better ilk of player you'd better be prepared to play the waiting game.

Dickov has his targets and has set his targets fairly high as we've heard, he'll be monitoring those players who'll most likely have other options and try and talk them into signing for us. I'd rather him go for these sort of players, players with a bit of quality who will add something to the side, even if the deals are harder to push through, rather than him taking the bottom of the barrel "I'll sign for £500 less a week if you offer me a deal today" route....Purdie, Worthington and Parker all happened pretty soonish after Penney came in didn't they?

I think we can expect to see a keeper join very soon, probably tomorrow..

The keeper signing is a good bet for first ups.

I cant see that PD would have released all keepers without having a good handle on exactly who is coming in.

I dont see the loan idea of Amos being likely either. A good first choice to improve on Brill plus a development keeper who has more potential than Ollrenshaw is the way to go. A loanis always a possibility later if we get injuries to the first choice.

The keeper signing is a good bet for first ups.

I cant see that PD would have released all keepers without having a good handle on exactly who is coming in.

I dont see the loan idea of Amos being likely either. A good first choice to improve on Brill plus a development keeper who has more potential than Ollrenshaw is the way to go. A loanis always a possibility later if we get injuries to the first choice.

I see we're being linked with 33 year old free agent Craig Dargo, striker released by St Mirren…97 goals in 405…too old and a bit too :censored: for my liking…….so I expect to see him unveiled very soon….

I see we're being linked with 33 year old free agent Craig Dargo, striker released by St Mirren…97 goals in 405…too old and a bit too :censored: for my liking…….so I expect to see him unveiled very soon….

I Was told at the back end of last season that dickov watched (or had him watched) alot, but i havent heard any rumours since.

I understand that players are on holiday and things like that so I was always aware that signings wouldn't happen straight away. It's the news headline from when we first heard about a top goal scorer maybe coming our way and the fact it could happen sooner than you think. Kind of makes me feel that things aren't working out to plan being that the news came a good few weeks ago now. I hope I'm wrong though. I trust Dickov will only sign players he sees as influential and not just wanting a wage but wanting to play for the club which I'm in favour of hugely so I hope we get who he holds out for and we don't get left with no cover but our youths.

No need to jump on him he was only posing a question.

But it's been posed a million and one times over numerous threads recently.

I don't know why people are getting worked up about us not having made a signing yet (even though we have). Just chill, enjoy the summer, there'll be plenty of news soon enough.

But it's been posed a million and one times over numerous threads recently.

I don't know why people are getting worked up about us not having made a signing yet (even though we have). Just chill, enjoy the summer, there'll be plenty of news soon enough.

The point is a 'jump down their throat' reaction can make people think twice about posting again, the result could be less members and folding forums.

I have seen it happen on other boards.

Edited by BP1960

A target for Uncle Ronnie (or maybe it was Shez) back in the day.

I can honestly state that NOTHING is happening on Sheepfoot Lane this morning other than a big Blue waste bin looking ike it MIGHT just roll off down the hill. I did wonder if it was a 30 goal strike trying to escape....but we have had players less mobile so if we sign the bin I am optimistic, but then noticed the main door was propped open possibly in hope of said striker returning.

Other than that very busy with cars...

Was there any ex Huddersfield players we could have in that bin ?

No need to jump on him he was only posing a question.

Truth of it is fella, a few on here get sick of people being negative around the club and every other day there is at least one new thread started about lack of players, lack of hope, or lack of having any chances this season........! You should know this more than most as a doomer and gloomer. You have started a similar thread today about lowest number of players starting training. Try showing a little more positivity and have some patience because if everybody did the same there would be a better feel around BP! Better feeling around BP, much bigger chance of being half decent!

I thought the idea of forums was to ask questions and get answers.i Haven't seen anything stating your only allowed one question per topic.

Anyway.....if we didnt sign anyone else I think we would struggle but I'd still be there cheering them on which is the main thing!

The point is a 'jump down their throat' reaction can make people think twice about posting again, the result could be less members and folding forums.

I have seen it happen on other boards.

The same point could be made about doom and gloom threads. Too much of it and people might say they aint bothering anymore!