Cody Mcdonald

he's rich with his comments about ridiculous price tage, CMS was good but never worth £3.25m...what the devil and all the cash they'll demand for Lewis and Boyd, didnt they get a daft amount for McClean as well???

I agree its too big amount for CMD, but surely with the funds they've got they could snap him up for that price!

Nah, CMS is easily worth £3.25M in todays market. He's five times the player that Everton/Leeds plank is, and you won't see him going for much less than that.

Glad he's gone to a Championship club, that way we don't get our noses rubbed in it. Does show PD was a little deluded for thinking he had a hope in hell of getting him….wonder if Simpson will sign today?

Edited by oafcprozac

Glad he's gone to a Championship club, that way we don't get our noses rubbed in it. Does show PD was a little deluded for thinking he had a hope in hell of getting him….wonder if Simpson will sign today?

I don’t think Coventry is the best of moves for the lad though; Andy Thorn strikes me a manager who won't be seeing out the season - and Coventry IMO are in for a season of struggle; in big debt and have a weak side for Championship level.

If it was only between them & P'borough then I'd have been more inclined to make the move to P'Borough……

But as you say Prozac; at least he's not making a move to a Charlton, Sheff Weds or another upper level League 1 side; where he could start to rocket up the goal scoring charts and would constantly mean we'd be having the 'if only' thoughts. At least at Championship level; we'll just notice him scoring on the Football League Show and note that he was out of league.

Fair play that PD had dialogue with him; but it was pipe dream stuff to think we ever had a chance of signing a player with his goal-scoring record from last season.*

.* And IMO it was a bit of a folly to put up an article on our official site which was easily deciphered who the player was by posting his career stats; when it would surely have been obvious we only ever had the slimmest of chances of signing him. IMO it would have been better to post up (if they had to / wanted to post anything) something nice & vague along the line 'dialogue between club and striker targets as PD continues to work on transfer targets'……………..instead it was made obvious it was Cody MacDonald and it got a lot of fans hopes up unnecessarily.

• 3 weeks later...

Judgeing by tonites performance he would'nt catch our reserve team !!

Think we dodged a bullet by missing out on Mcdonald, based on his performance tonight - He ain't no Shefki!!

I wouldn't read too much into that last night. He was getting into some excellent positions, granted he missed to clear cut headed chances, but you've got to be in there to miss them as they say. He looked to me to be a very decent player, and the goals will come; you can see that.