New Signings Imminent

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once these 3 are in, I would expect a keeper, CM and LB on season-long loans and then we will have our squad.

a mate of mine refereed ravel morrison at a 5-a-side comp this week, i mentioned we are rumoured to be looking at a loan deal fro him and he said he was quality with his mazy runs and athelticism - he is a red nose and rates his chances on staying at utd despite his attitude, really sees him as a prospect, in his opinion.

As long as those 3 perm signings and loans are decent quality, we should do OK this year with the good youngsters ie McGrath, Bembo as back up

KTF

As long as those 3 perm signings and loans are decent quality, we should do OK this year with the good youngsters ie McGrath, Bembo as back up

KTF

Hasn't he done his knee again? 3rd time now, saw him walking across Claytons on crutches.

Edited by nava

To be perfectly honest I am not looking forward to this season in the slightest. No hope of promotion, in my opinion, a smaller squad and regardless of what PD said the quality is lacking. The very best I think we can hope for is mid-table, with afew good local derbies, and cup run! Hope I am completely wrong! :grin:

To be perfectly honest I am not looking forward to this season in the slightest. No hope of promotion, in my opinion, a smaller squad and regardless of what PD said the quality is lacking. The very best I think we can hope for is mid-table, with afew good local derbies, and cup run! Hope I am completely wrong! :grin:

You were hoping for promotion?!...

Or is this sarcasm...

His injury proneness would worry me. Other than that I'd take him back. I understand why others would hate to see him turn out for us, but I'd see it as a chance for him to earn back the respect he lost for the way he left last time.

Edited by Crusoe

His injury proneness would worry me. Other than that I'd take him back. I understand why others would hate to see him turn out for us, but I'd see it as a chance for him to earn back the respect he lost for the way he left last time.

when all is said and done, we took Hughes on for what you could call 'far worse' misdemeanours.

Yes Porter was a c**k towards the club, but if he can stay fit and score 15-20 goals and do his best for us and WANTS to be here (assuming he is signing) then all will soon be forgotten.

If he is signing the Corney must have forgiven him, so if he can personally accept him back then thats OK by me (again, assuming he is signing)

we would certainly have some strength up front anyhow, porter, smith, reid - although the possible lack of pace may worry me; I suppose though if we get them in the box where we need them and morais and taylor can whip balls in then its goal goals goals!

whoever we are going to sign will have deficencies somehow or other, be it pace, fitness whatever.

PD has next to no money at the end of the day. He can only get a certain type of player with that money and we need to back him come what may. We will get who we get and that's that.

We cannot expect brazilian wonder kids with the resources we have.

Should a new stadium ever materialise or gates double giving us more scope, then we can question.

PD will do his best with whoever he gets in. Lets back him AND those players eh?

Edited by shefflatic

when all is said and done, we took Hughes on for what you could call 'far worse' misdemeanours.

Yes Porter was a c**k towards the club, but if he can stay fit and score 15-20 goals and do his best for us and WANTS to be here (assuming he is signing) then all will soon be forgotten.

If he is signing the Corney must have forgiven him, so if he can personally accept him back then thats OK by me (again, assuming he is signing)

we would certainly have some strength up front anyhow, porter, smith, reid - although the possible lack of pace may worry me; I suppose though if we get them in the box where we need them and morais and taylor can whip balls in then its goal goals goals!

whoever we are going to sign will have deficencies somehow or other, be it pace, fitness whatever.

PD has next to no money at the end of the day. He can only get a certain type of player with that money and we need to back him come what may. We will get who we get and that's that.

We cannot expect brazilian wonder kids with the resources we have.

Should a new stadium ever materialise or gates double giving us more scope, then we can question.

PD will do his best with whoever he gets in. Lets back him AND those players eh?

I'm not really bothered about what he previously 'did' to us. With money tight to say the least I'd be worried if we took such a gamble on a player who has consistently missed large chunks of the season through injury.

If we are going to make a signature striker signing, who will no doubt be on relatively good money, then we need to have some confidence that he is going to be available.

For me it would depend heavily on him proving hit fitness, and the deal we offered him.

At the end of the day he would still command a first team wage, and would still be amongst the highest paid players at the club if he were to join. As a club, we can no longer afford to be paying a substantial chunk of our wage budget to players who are crocked, ie Purdie, Worthington, Jacobson.

If he can prove his fitness, and its a deal which is a low basic plus higher appearance fee and goalscoring bonuses, then maybe. Otherwise I would stay well clear.

For me it would depend heavily on him proving hit fitness, and the deal we offered him

Honestly, I doubt he could prove his fitness to any degree of satisfactory. He's been a free agent for a couple of months now and now we are in pre-season it wouldn't surprise me if a number of clubs are eyeing him up for a trial. But it's not a surprise now one has snapped him up yet, he is a complete crock and whilst I'd love a fit, goal scoring Porter in the team, we'd be running a huge risk if we did offer him a deal. With non-scoring Feeney in the team on a decent wage, it's a risk not worth taking.

That said, I believe it is nonsense. I don't think the club would deal with him ever again.

Edited by PlayItLivo

I think you must be one of the most negative posters I have ever seen. I bet you are real fun at parties!

I don't go to parties, why spend money on half a pint when I can stay in and watch good TV like 'One foot in the grave'?

Edited by BP1960