LATICS STAYInG AT BP

I think this is great news. The BP site does have potential still. I prefer the prospect of a gradual redevelopment of BP to a limited once and for all 12000 lego stand. Keeps the dream alive at the spiritual home.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Postcode's are used for sorting mail and are a reference to your LOCAL sorting office, not hard is it, Failsworths local sorting office is Mancunia, hense M in the post code...jeeez

re: the ground, great news to be satying at BP!

Edited by alex_balls

I think this is great news. The BP site does have potential still. I prefer the prospect of a gradual redevelopment of BP to a limited once and for all 12000 lego stand. Keeps the dream alive at the spiritual home.

Much the same. Lots of grounds are gradually renewed (Didn't Red Sox do so?)and this is a fine opportunity to keep ther club in its heartland .

Edited by LaticsPete

Postcode's are used for sorting mail and are a reference to your LOCAL sorting office, not hard is it, Failsworths local sorting office is Mancunia, hense M in the post code...jeeez

If I'm not mistaken, Oldham's mail gets sorted in the same building these days!

People thought opposing a move to Failsworth was short-sighted; writing off this proposal before knowing any of the real details is far more so, IMO.

True but at least Failsworth there was a detailed plan for a whole stadium. Everything we have heard to far is for 5.7 million for a new stand. I heard the original BP redevelopment was going to cost £60 million I cant see that on the cards! I will happily be proved wrong but will not be happy if after all this we end up with 1 new stand.

I look forward to seeing the plans for a full redevelopment at BP!

Indeed we was drawings made the lot, i think there is more to come of this.

No, nothing more will come of that site, at least not for the football club. As i said yesterday, the council has 'found' some money for BP redevelopment. All of this should of been announced a few weeks back, but their was some more last minute talks with Blitz & Gazal about it.

The board can never win with fans, they oppose failsworth and then when BP can be re-developed they moan about that. At least keep your moaning in until the club announces the plans for the ground, not just the one stand that the council are effectively paying for.

No, nothing more will come of that site, at least not for the football club. As i said yesterday, the council has 'found' some money for BP redevelopment. All of this should of been announced a few weeks back, but their was some more last minute talks with Blitz & Gazal about it.

The board can never win with fans, they oppose failsworth and then when BP can be re-developed they moan about that. At least keep your moaning in until the club announces the plans for the ground, not just the one stand that the council are effectively paying for.

I'm not moaning, all I'm suggesting is that can the ground be re-developed with the money being offered at the moment? And I was pro-Failsworth, because from the plans it was potentially a very good facility which would make money for the club. I think a lot of people are overlooking the clubs main objective that is to have a facilty that will maximise revenue streams in time for the salary cap, people who were anti Failsworth to me seemed to have their opinions based on sentiment and unfortunatly in the modern world a business can't survive on that alone

In fairness Rob its clear in the details "Redevelopment of" that LOT more to come but perhaps better PR needed yet again from OMBC and Latics to think the agenda would get to Monday without hitting press is naieve. If as you say delayed weeks possible to have coordinated a release in line with Agenda going online. Not being negative but so many false dawns its likely people will be twitchy. I know thats in pipeline for next week but opens stable door for rumours and misunderstandings... The Nimbys will no doubt appear from under stones and that silly councillor from Royton raise his profile again.

you've also got the factor of the people of Oldham complaining about their council tax going towards the club

Want to understand the following:

1) What is the real proposal for the whole of BP - all 4 stands?

2) How will this make the football club more sustainable?

3) What other income can be derived from this?

4) Is TTA plan to take their cut (repaying Blitz) and get out of town?

Being a sucker for details, I would also like to add to this

5) Similar to hallams question 1, what are the plans for the RRE, chaddy end and current main stand, and how will they be financed?

6) What alternatives to this proposal were explored, and why was this picked in favour of the other options?

7) Will there be a groundshare at any time whilst the work is being carried out?

8) Will there be potential to develope further in the future if required?

9) What is the projected time frame for the project from start to finish? We already have full planning permission for a stand where the lookers was, so presumably if this is agreed, it should just be a case of drawing up plans and getting cracking?

10) At what level/division will this redevelopment make the club self sufficient, will it be able to facilitate professional football at championship level?

Edited by Lookers_Carl

from the Chron

'the new deal, which includes a £700k stadium redevelopment grant'

'the council will aquire the Lancaster club and the lease of the Chapel Road playing fields'

'it is proposed the council develop the land to boost the boroughs economy, plans could include a high profile leisure based regeneration scheme'

In fairness Rob its clear in the details "Redevelopment of" that LOT more to come but perhaps better PR needed yet again from OMBC and Latics to think the agenda would get to Monday without hitting press is naieve. If as you say delayed weeks possible to have coordinated a release in line with Agenda going online. Not being negative but so many false dawns its likely people will be twitchy. I know thats in pipeline for next week but opens stable door for rumours and misunderstandings... The Nimbys will no doubt appear from under stones and that silly councillor from Royton raise his profile again.

Unfortunately for them though, that 'silly councillor from Royton' has already granted full planning permission for a new stand where the lookers was, and outline permission for a new chaddy end plus residential dwellings.

Unfortunately for them though, that 'silly councillor from Royton' has already granted full planning permission for a new stand where the lookers was, and outline permission for a new chaddy end plus residential dwellings.

The main stand is falling down though, will that be demolished and we have a 3 sided stadium again ?

But have they? cant find a confirmed link on planning. Might be blind however....

Full planning permission only lasts three years I believe, but outline is indefinite, so there's definitely options to work with and this could happen pretty quick, depending how quickly the council move. GIven that the Liberal Ditherers were routed and it's a minimum of 21 months before they will have half a chance of getting back in then this could happen. Perhaps the reason why McMahon is in a hurry to et all sorts of projects and initiatives moving.

Full planning permission only lasts three years I believe, but outline is indefinite, so there's definitely options to work with and this could happen pretty quick, depending how quickly the council move. GIven that the Liberal Ditherers were routed and it's a minimum of 21 months before they will have half a chance of getting back in then this could happen. Perhaps the reason why McMahon is in a hurry to et all sorts of projects and initiatives moving.

Although I am far from Labours biggest fan on a national level, at local level, as you have said in the past Paul, I hope they are given a mandate and a good five years or so to try and do something with the town, which is on its arse at the moment.

Although I am far from Labours biggest fan on a national level, at local level, as you have said in the past Paul, I hope they are given a mandate and a good five years or so to try and do something with the town, which is on its arse at the moment.

No lover of Labour either, but last time they were given time, they delivered both the Spindles and The 6th Form College in place of the antiquated infirmary. So there may be hope, Battye always says that Stage three after the College and Spindles was the Ground and a retail/leisure development at Elk Mill/Clayton. I think given the kicking the LIberals got at local and National Level, Watkins' whining seriously biting him and his colleagues on the arse and the fact that Sykes has not seen fit to change or resign the leadership or the leadership group, means they well be unelectable for quite some time in this town.

I'm hoping the new stand will become the new main stand with all new mod cons attached. That way re-furb work can start on the "old" main stand and then Chaddy End etc. This is the most positive step we have had in a while so we should embrace it. After all the majority of people on here were against moving away from BP.

Good luck Simon and well done on all the hard work so far. As for OMBC...do not let us or the town down!

I'm hoping the new stand will become the new main stand with all new mod cons attached. That way re-furb work can start on the "old" main stand and then Chaddy End etc. This is the most positive step we have had in a while so we should embrace it. After all the majority of people on here were against moving away from BP.

Good luck Simon and well done on all the hard work so far. As for OMBC...do not let us or the town down!

Simon has them by the danglers and the council know it……the NIMBYS won't have a voice this time as it will cost the council too much to counteract any suit the club brings against OMBC's super duper barrister (Paid £140k a year for two days work a week) and their incompetent panning buffoons…..

Simon has them by the danglers and the council know it……the NIMBYS won't have a voice this time as it will cost the council too much to counteract any suit the club brings against OMBC's super duper barrister (Paid £140k a year for two days work a week) and their incompetent panning buffoons…..

Wll be interesting to see what their reaction is. I remember overhearing in the first planning meeting when permission was rejected many of them played the 'were not against the stadium, just the flats' line