Matthew Lund

If he wasnt do you think he would of been put in those games? All im saying is Lowe had more and better experience that this lund.

?? But they have exactly the same number of games at the time of signing for us? 2. (technically; Lowe had 1 & 3/4's!) So, yeah - both are untried. Just because Lowe got his against QPR & Chelsea doesn’t mean he was anymore 'tried'. IIRC Blackburn were descimated by injuries so Lowe was one of the only options available to them - it's a hypothetical point but had Lund been a Blackburn; not Stoke player; he could have conceivabley played those 2 games; and if so - would you now be happier with his signing as he would have more 'tried'??

He's a young lad with decent pedigree. They school them well at the Crewe Academy; and Premier league Stoke saw enough in him to sign him up. He's well thought of it seems at Stoke, they've only just offered him a contract extension (which he's signed) and he's been involved (AND SCORED!) in the 1st team pre-season friendlies. How about we back the management group & trust their scouting network and the research they will have undoubably done on the lad shall we? It's hardly like they'll have signed him up on a whim after plucking his name out of the database of Football Manager is it??? It's a 3 month deal that I would imagine suits both parties perfectly fine.

Welcome to BP Matthew - and good luck young man; hope you don't misplace your 1st pass…….. :petesake:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

?? But they have exactly the same number of games at the time of signing for us? 2. (technically; Lowe had 1 & 3/4's!) So, yeah - both are untried. Just because Lowe got his against QPR & Chelsea doesnt mean he was anymore 'tried'. IIRC Blackburn were descimated by injuries so Lowe was one of the only options available to them - it's a hypothetical point but had Lund been a Blackburn; not Stoke player; he could have conceivabley played those 2 games; and if so - would you now be happier with his signing as he would have more 'tried'??

He's a young lad with decent pedigree. They school them well at the Crewe Academy; and Premier league Stoke saw enough in him to sign him up. He's well thought of it seems at Stoke, they've only just offered him a contract extension (which he's signed) and he's been involved (AND SCORED!) in the 1st team pre-season friendlies. How about we back the management group & trust their scouting network and the research they will have undoubably done on the lad shall we? It's hardly like they'll have signed him up on a whim after plucking his name out of the database of Football Manager is it??? It's a 3 month deal that I would imagine suits both parties perfectly fine.

Welcome to BP Matthew - and good luck young man; hope you don't misplace your 1st pass…….. :petesake:

^ ^ This

Edited by pukka

Has anyone commenting on the forum actually seen him play?

I haven't - thats kind of the point. He's another untried kid, but could be a hidden gem. Welcome to BP. If you dont impress after 165 mins though, you'll have been tried enough and you're out.

I'm very happy with this signing, he is highly rated by the Stoke management. Has as already been mentioned, hes just been given a new deal. He is also a NI U21 international so must have something. Burns was mentioned above as deserving a shot in centre mid, I thought he was a winger.

Sly and BP1960 are ruling this thread. Is it any wonder we seem to struggle to sign players when they're torn to shreds when expectations are this high, particularly from people who've never even seen them play.

That's exactly my point Cru - in the thorough research & scouting our management team will have done we trust.

It's a 3 month loan deal for a 20 year old lad; it's not being billed as our 'Marquee' (hate that word for signings!) signing is it? He adds numbers to an area of the pitch we lacked (& continue to lack) and he could be a decent aquisition for us. Lets give him a chance shall we?

I'm very happy with this signing, he is highly rated by the Stoke management. Has as already been mentioned, hes just been given a new deal. He is also a NI U21 international so must have something. Burns was mentioned above as deserving a shot in centre mid, I thought he was a winger.

Burns is a winger, a very good one at that.

Tried to get a bit of reaction from the Stoke fans; but not exactly been inundated with replies; this being the only one to date:

Re: Matthew Lund

« Reply #1 Today at 12:23pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

only seen him play in friendly's, Looks to be a decent passer of the ball but when I've seen him he tried a lot of spectacular passes because he was obviously trying to impress. loan to league one should be just what he needs to toughen him up.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=Potters&thread=169077&page=1#ixzz1TOyLmSJ8

neat & tidy player

bit of all round midfeild type

you could pair him with any other type probably

not massive like you might expect a Stoke player to be

should be fine for that league

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=Potters&thread=169077&page=1#ixzz1TP3LLAxj

another one to reply:

Re: Matthew Lund

« Reply #3 Today at 1:42pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what I've seen he hasn't really got much of a head on him and as lordb said, not the tallest player stoke have ever had.

Apart from that, he looks a decent young lad and should be a decent loan for you

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=Potters&thread=169077&page=1#ixzz1TP6nDswc

Sly and BP1960 are ruling this thread. Is it any wonder we seem to struggle to sign players when they're torn to shreds when expectations are this high, particularly from people who've never even seen them play.

I think you owe me an apology, my one and only post on this thread said "Has anyone commenting on the forum actually seen him play"? - meaning do not pass judgement until he's been seen.