SMS

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2407850,00.html

Latics and Argyle were happy to conclude a permanent deal with the player receiving a pay off from Latics, but the 30-year-old striker was only prepared to go to Home Park on loan.

A loan was a possibility, but was not the preferred option for Latics.

Cant blame him I suppose, its a long way from home...

Edited by razza699

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's rejected the chance of first team football at Plymuff, and knows he's got little chance of much game time here, has he become one of those who is just happy to pick up a wage without earning it? If so, he's pissing me off more than ever. If I'm being unjust, I apologise.

I think this comes down to Feeney being worried his wages wouldn't be paid if he went there, otherwise why not sign a 1 year deal. He obviously felt by going on loan we could have continued to pay his wages and he would have been on same amount, and a paycut would have been required down there.

Staying for the money, god that feels wierd to write when talking about one of our players.

It would cost the club too much to pay off a full year of his contract, so unless the club or Feeney have another trick up their sleeves it looks like we are stuck with one another. Given our small budget it could also seriously hamper our attempts to bring in another few players!

:mad:

If he's rejected the chance of first team football at Plymuff, and knows he's got little chance of much game time here, has he become one of those who is just happy to pick up a wage without earning it? If so, he's pissing me off more than ever. If I'm being unjust, I apologise.

he has 12 months left on his contract....so whats the difference in us paying him up and him signing for them perm,or going onloan for a season,when his contract will then have finished and he wont come back anyway...

stick himin the reserves....tell him he cant play for northern ireland....and let him train with ressies in kids....his selfish arsewipe attitude is now going to cost us in bringing in new players...totally disgusted with this kind of player,happy to pick up his wage and do nothing.....he deserves all the abuse n earache he is going to get.