Dickov comments today

"If there was any criticism it was the team picked itself too easily last season and we want strong competition for places"

Wouldn't be bothered hearing that after the last game of a previous season, but extremely worring 2 days before the first game of a new season!

No strength in depth, little experience, and no proven goalscorer.

I trust that PD has got everything under control, and can't wait for Saturday, but surely this lack of activity in the transfer market can't be a good thing for us.

we have who we have and that is it.

Can't understand why people play things over in their minds - sure we are all concerned, but personally i am not too fussed about our squad - it is not something we can affect so no point in worrying about it.

It is PD's job to get players in. He will not be so much of a naive young manager not to realise we need players.

Let the guy do his job - if we were to wait until Aug 31st to get Cody Mac on loan i'm sure no one would care about the wait.

And if we get no one, we get no one. It is up to PD to play games with who he has - if he feels what he has IS good enough then so be it.

Let's support whoever we have come what may - we are not in charge of getting/not getting players in, so all we can is accept the team/squad for who that is and get behind it.

I know i'd rather have 10 kids giving their all than a waster like 'Feeno'

'It's a better stadium for my kids to come and watch me play in anyway'

' All I want to do is play fuuettbhall' - thats why you never missed an NI game.

'The young lads can do the running' - yeah cos you're a lazy sh1t aren't you Warren!! :ranting:

GOOD RIDDANCE!

Edited by shefflatic

"If there was any criticism it was the team picked itself too easily last season and we want strong competition for places"

Wouldn't be bothered hearing that after the last game of a previous season, but extremely worring 2 days before the first game of a new season!

I trust that PD has got everything under control, and can't wait for Saturday, but surely this lack of activity in the transfer market can't be a good thing for us.

Strength in depth doesn't matter too much at the start of the season. We have little or no injuries and the first eleven should be enough to compete and do well.

The squad will need to be added to though during the season if we are to stay competitive when injuries and suspensions bite.

Strength in depth doesn't matter too much at the start of the season. We have little or no injuries and the first eleven should be enough to compete and do well.

The squad will need to be added to though during the season if we are to stay competitive when injuries and suspensions bite.

You always need strength in depth. That was one of the key factors when we won promotion.

Has the transfer window been abandoned? Have the best players not found clubs? Who will we be able to sign? Loan signings, again. Flotsum?

The starting eleven (sorry, only eleven) is quite exciting, but it isn't anywhere near enough. I'm sick of loan players. How many players did we play last season?

If PD doesn't sign at very least six players, I'd like to know why.

You always need strength in depth. That was one of the key factors when we won promotion.

Has the transfer window been abandoned? Have the best players not found clubs? Who will we be able to sign? Loan signings, again. Flotsum?

The starting eleven (sorry, only eleven) is quite exciting, but it isn't anywhere near enough. I'm sick of loan players. How many players did we play last season?

How many players do we need for the game against Sheffield United?

We do need a bigger squad eventually but not right now and not for the sake of having a bigger squad, the players have to be good enough as well.

permanent signings require a certain thing called money, something which - up to a certain point budget-wise - we don't have.

Loans work as they will be mainly paid by the parent club if not in full in Evina's case for the loan period.

A fact of where we currently are finance wise unfortunately

We've got a squad of 21 players including Lund which is comfortable when we need 16 players per game. Bring in the right players after that who are going to improve the squad.

We could do with bringing in a striker, a left-back and a centre-mid at some point as we're pretty thin in those areas. The other positions we've got enough cover that will be good enough.

We've got a squad of 21 players including Lund which is comfortable when we need 16 players per game. Bring in the right players after that who are going to improve the squad.

We could do with bringing in a striker, a left-back and a centre-mid at some point as we're pretty thin in those areas. The other positions we've got enough cover that will be good enough.

So you think the team doesn't pick itself then, and we do have strong competition for places?

This is PDs own criticism regarding last season.

So you think the team doesn't pick itself then, and we do have strong competition for places?

This is PDs own criticism regarding last season.

I do think we have strong competition for places in most areas. Only the positions I mentioned above I think we are light.

The squad is fine FOR NOW. It will need to be added to over the season.

Are you just fishing? Six? I can tell you why we can't afford tom, I suppose you will complain then if someone like Cody Mc comes in on loan? The right loan players are better than the wrong permanent ones I thought any idiot knew that; who was better Feeney or Beckett? Lowe or Worthington?

Last year we had M'Voto, Amos, Tounkara, Lowe, White, Mantom, Trotman and Evina (there may be more) on loan, take Tounkara, Trotman and Mantom away and you have a very good foundation of a team all on loan.

I can tell you why he wont right now................

He said he wanted a smaller squad with more quality.

He knows what he is doing - In Dickov we trust!

Add to that, little quality.

looking at that match we were strong against a much more expensive team, we had subs who made a difference, the only thing that let us down is our mentality after making a mistake, they got flustered and questioned themselves, other than that our team was matching theirs!

little quality? the team was good overall! we just need the confidence, not to get scared and we will do fine! zander diamond, strong dependable, cisak, kept a cool head, mvoto we know can play well, furman give it his all, taylor strived to score for us, parker had pace, smith kept the defenders at bay, millar was looking for the cutting passes, winchester went all out!

couple of issues with reid and lund but other than that it was a quality side!

Are you just fishing? Six? I can tell you why we can't afford tom, I suppose you will complain then if someone like Cody Mc comes in on loan? The right loan players are better than the wrong permanent ones I thought any idiot knew that; who was better Feeney or Beckett? Lowe or Worthington?

Last year we had M'Voto, Amos, Tounkara, Lowe, White, Mantom, Trotman and Evina (there may be more) on loan, take Tounkara, Trotman and Mantom away and you have a very good foundation of a team all on loan.

So take away the lad who was the top goal scorer amongst the strikers we had, and put 110% in every game? He was one of our better loan signings. Just a shame he was over used.

I read "Dickov : we shot ourselves in foot" on OS about 7.30.

Seen it now Pete thanks, but why isn't it highlighted under the news section ?

I wonder who were - the three or four who gave up?

Edited by BP1960

Seen it now Pete thanks, but why isn't it highlighted under the news section ?

I wonder who were - the three or four who gave up?

I'd have said Taylor who had little impact and in second half it was a situation where he should have been one of the leaders . Seemed to have no desire to be yesterday.

Mvoto had an immense first half but whatever he had in his tea at half time meant he had his worst 45mins for the club.

But several positives - Cisak looked brave and wanted to dominate the box. Diamond was immense (and the first half pairing with Mvoto snubbed out porter and Cresswell). Smith will be even better with more games. Lee and Black looked pretty composed against good wingers. And Parker had the attitude and ability to make a big impact. Will look forward to seeing him and Morais tear a few defences to ribbons.