trouble in Tottenham

creepy

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds brewing too apparently.

The Leeds stuff is because someone got shot in the face. This happened because someone got shot in the foot last week. Tet for toe. Nothing to do with the riots in London though. Just angry people and caps getting bust.

Went through it last night on my bike. Was a police van and a load of bins on fire. Nothing major though.

I'll see if there are any news reports.

The Leeds stuff is because someone got shot in the face. This happened because someone got shot in the foot last week. Tet for toe. Nothing to do with the riots in London though. Just angry people and caps getting bust.

Went through it last night on my bike. Was a police van and a load of bins on fire. Nothing major though.

I'll see if there are any news reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-14449656

We've all seen the video, and your man faces a trial in which 12 of his peers - not fellow officers or the Whitewash Team IPPC - will decide whether he is guilty of manslaughter. The community likes it when the police tackle criminals and deal with public order offences; the community does not like it when 10 police in riot gear lay into a 16-year-old girl. The community likes it when shops and businesses are protected from mobs of youths; the community does not like misinformation pending investigation following a shooting. The community likes it when posho vandals who stink up the Cenotaph get jail time for their nonsense; the community does not like it when a policemen shoves a man who offers them no threat, and who has his hands in his pockets, to the ground (was there not also a baton to the elbow?). These are not grey areas or fine lines, but legitimate expectations.

Yes we've all seen the ten second video you've been allowed to see, what we haven't seen is the previous 5 or 6 hours were Tomlinson antagonises the police and other protestors and refuses to leave the area despite numerous requests to do so! Or the previosu 12 hours of the officers shift where he had swampy types hurling dogs abuse and anything they could throw at him! Yes he lost his rag and shouldn't have shoved him but if the bigger picture was fully made public I think the officer would have more public sympathy, i'm sure he'll be found guilty though and made an example of whatever.

Now was it ten riot cops or was it 6 as was mentioned the other day? Anyway this girl, however old she is, has willing attended a large scale disorder and has thrown bricks at police, we are now all calling for the police to be more robust in dealing with these criminals but not if they are girls? FFS she was throwing bricks at police officers, one of them could have been killed! People either want things dealt with firmly or they don't, how did you feel when the riots were edging closer to your place last night????????

Any misinformation you have heard is purely rumour or from media 'sources' at no point have the met or the IPCC said that Duggan shot at police, at the end of the day, police had good info he had a weapon and whether he used it or not, the fact remains if he didn't have a gun on the way to kill a rival for killing his cousin he would be alive today. Also as he was a Tottenham ang memebr had he ventured into Hackney, Brixton etc, he would have been shot by the local 'community' anyway, the police have saved them a job!!!!

Anyway i'm off now to cancel my plans for the weekend as i'm now not allowed my days off!

See you at Orient!

We've all seen the video, and your man faces a trial in which 12 of his peers - not fellow officers or the Whitewash Team IPPC - will decide whether he is guilty of manslaughter. The community likes it when the police tackle criminals and deal with public order offences; the community does not like it when 10 police in riot gear lay into a 16-year-old girl. The community likes it when shops and businesses are protected from mobs of youths; the community does not like misinformation pending investigation following a shooting. The community likes it when posho vandals who stink up the Cenotaph get jail time for their nonsense; the community does not like it when a policemen shoves a man who offers them no threat, and who has his hands in his pockets, to the ground (was there not also a baton to the elbow?). These are not grey areas or fine lines, but legitimate expectations.

Yes we've all seen the ten second video you've been allowed to see, what we haven't seen is the previous 5 or 6 hours were Tomlinson antagonises the police and other protestors and refuses to leave the area despite numerous requests to do so! Or the previosu 12 hours of the officers shift where he had swampy types hurling dogs abuse and anything they could throw at him! Yes he lost his rag and shouldn't have shoved him but if the bigger picture was fully made public I think the officer would have more public sympathy, i'm sure he'll be found guilty though and made an example of whatever.

Now was it ten riot cops or was it 6 as was mentioned the other day? Anyway this girl, however old she is, has willing attended a large scale disorder and has thrown bricks at police, we are now all calling for the police to be more robust in dealing with these criminals but not if they are girls? FFS she was throwing bricks at police officers, one of them could have been killed! People either want things dealt with firmly or they don't, how did you feel when the riots were edging closer to your place last night????????

Any misinformation you have heard is purely rumour or from media 'sources' at no point have the met or the IPCC said that Duggan shot at police, at the end of the day, police had good info he had a weapon and whether he used it or not, the fact remains if he didn't have a gun on the way to kill a rival for killing his cousin he would be alive today. Also as he was a Tottenham ang memebr had he ventured into Hackney, Brixton etc, he would have been shot by the local 'community' anyway, the police have saved them a job!!!!

Anyway i'm off now to cancel my plans for the weekend as i'm now not allowed my days off!

See you at Orient!

Absolutely bang on. There is footage of Tomlinson here there and everywhere up in front of the Police for hours. Then someone pushed him. Pushed. Hardly bludgeoned to death.

He's bang on with the 'poor little girl' savaged by the Met Police on the streets of Tottenham. She's up there chucking bricks then if she gets knocked over she had it coming.

And, again, he's bang on about Duggan.

So basically....Kentlats is 'bang on'.

Absolutely bang on. There is footage of Tomlinson here there and everywhere up in front of the Police for hours. Then someone pushed him. Pushed. Hardly bludgeoned to death.

He's bang on with the 'poor little girl' savaged by the Met Police on the streets of Tottenham. She's up there chucking bricks then if she gets knocked over she had it coming.

And, again, he's bang on about Duggan.

So basically....Kentlats is 'bang on'.

Thanks! I try my best!

See you at Orient!

You say large-scale public disorder (Tottenham, Saturday evening), I say protest.

I hope your're not suggesting that it's unknown for police to use backchannels to get their side of the story out in the media. Put it this way: the bullet lodging in the radio (implying a shoot-out) and the "firearm recovered from the scene" (implying Duggan was waving it at the police when he was shot) didn't come from anyone else. That's what the community and the family were cheesed off about.

Firmly doesn't mean losing your rag and knocking over the slightly drunken bloke who can't get home.

I felt more right wing with every passing report of the violence getting closer last night. Then I realised that my last line of defence would be the Turks, who done a grand job by the looks of Kingsland High Street. Windows in Boots and the Abbey National damaged but not put through. That's it. The Ali Baba stayed open all night.

Shame about your weekend. In this instance, policing has been necessitated at least partly by...faulty policing.

See you at Orient!

We'll have to agree to differ about the 16-year-old girl, but I've seen one film of it on youtube and it seems honest to God like that was a proper flashpoint - things certainly did not go uphill from there. We'll see what the inevitable inquiry makes of it.

Everything after that was merely the revolution of those simultaneously dazzled by and excluded from Margaret Thatcher's retail society.

You say large-scale public disorder (Tottenham, Saturday evening), I say protest.

I hope your're not suggesting that it's unknown for police to use backchannels to get their side of the story out in the media. Put it this way: the bullet lodging in the radio (implying a shoot-out) and the "firearm recovered from the scene" (implying Duggan was waving it at the police when he was shot) didn't come from anyone else. That's what the community and the family were cheesed off about.

Firmly doesn't mean losing your rag and knocking over the slightly drunken bloke who can't get home.

I felt more right wing with every passing report of the violence getting closer last night. Then I realised that my last line of defence would be the Turks, who done a grand job by the looks of Kingsland High Street. Windows in Boots and the Abbey National damaged but not put through. That's it. The Ali Baba stayed open all night.

Shame about your weekend. In this instance, policing has been necessitated at least partly by...faulty policing.

See you at Orient!

Protests in this situation normally lead to some kind of disorder. I fail to see how a police statement telling the fact that a non police issue firearm was found at the scene is implying that he was waving it around, to date i've still never heard anyone saying that Duggan even drew the firearm let alone waving it around as you say.

I agree with you the copper shouldn't have pushed Tomlinson over, but like i said if you consider the broader picture (not just the ten second video clip you and everyone else has seen) I think most people would have struggled to contain their anger and defy the red mist, also if Tomlinson wasn't such an alcoholic he would have been in better health and probably not died, and to claim he was trying to find his way home is ludicrous, we've all been drunk but it doesn't take us 6 hours to get home! (forgetting Dagenham last season obviously) he was there to cause trouble which he did.

Regarding your kebab shop, if the police had ready access to very, very large knives and we're from a culture that readily accepts and uses violence i'm sure the troubles we saw last night would not have been nearly as bad.

See you at Orient, i might buy you a pint with all my overtime i'm earning. :D

An awful lot of your mates have just appeared on Victoria Street down the road from Mr Tulsehill's workplace and it's going off a bit further South in Pimlico. There's not been much so far in Westminster but I wonder if that's about to change...

Protests in this situation normally lead to some kind of disorder. I fail to see how a police statement telling the fact that a non police issue firearm was found at the scene is implying that he was waving it around, to date i've still never heard anyone saying that Duggan even drew the firearm let alone waving it around as you say.

It's the two things together that do all the work on the brain. A bullet lodged in a police radio / a non-police issue firearm at the scene. Whatever can have happened? Let's join the dots...

The family were certainly apoplectic about this innuendo - and rightly so.

Regarding your kebab shop, if the police had ready access to very, very large knives and we're from a culture that readily accepts and uses violence i'm sure the troubles we saw last night would not have been nearly as bad.

I'm more and more convinced by the superiority of Turkish food and culture. Might start following Besiktas, which is who the boys in the Ali Baba follow.

Some good must come of this mess!

do a bit of reading on the Turkish and Kurdish gangs in London and it perhaps wont be surprising to think that there were so many of them out on the street tooled up and defending their patch. Not really Big Dave's 'Big Society' in action just a disorganised rabble coming across organised gangs (although of course I'm sure there were plenty of decent honest shopkeepers amongst them - armed with kebab skewers maybe but tough times and all that).

rubberneckers! Channel 847 on Sky (personal favourite of mine, honest) is live footage of Asians in West Bromwich (I think) gathering for 'riot control'

Now just need any West Bromwich rioters to set up their own TV Channel, West Midlands Police another and I can flick between the three.

rubberneckers! Channel 847 on Sky (personal favourite of mine, honest) is live footage of Asians in West Bromwich (I think) gathering for 'riot control'

Now just need any West Bromwich rioters to set up their own TV Channel, West Midlands Police another and I can flick between the three.

Some of the 'yoof footage' on you tube reminds me of a Modern Warefare kill cam! It's slightly surreal smashing the remote trying to get back in the game!

Seen a tweet saying it's kicked off in St Ann's Square.

I can't think of a stranger place for the "deprived" in society to gather.

This is an insurrection against Thatcher's retail nation, from which the young and disadvantaged are excluded, but by which they are simultaneously dazzled. I feel a right on dissertation coming along...