trouble in Tottenham

creepy

the police are too soft, they start chasing the rioters a few yards then pull back ! they need advice from the israeli border police start chasing them and then get parts of the force to get behind them that soon stops the rioters and use tear gas or water canon on them (here they put some red dye in the water that makes them itchand become red too which does not come off for days so its easy to catch them afterwards )

Perhaps you could offer a consultancy service to the Met, Bob?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe in a time like this it would be useful if there was a national Police force of some sort as well as the county ones. They would be able to quickly draft in thousands of reinforcements from the whole country as opposed to the current situation of borrowing 20 officers from Hampshire, a helicopter from Surrey, an inspector and 5 coppers from Essex etc etc

I'm still stunned at how useless Dave's speech was! Public knowledge that I'm not his biggest fan but he's flown back from holiday, had the crisis Cobra meeting then came out with that?

With his PR training that was rubbish. The man is out of his depth.

Yeah but then they end up losing there jobs after people like you call for them to be charged with murder after they push someone over who later died! (remember the Ian Tomlinson thread?) we are too soft and the police would love to be more robust but aren't allowed because the community don't like it!!!!

We've all seen the video, and your man faces a trial in which 12 of his peers - not fellow officers or the Whitewash Team IPPC - will decide whether he is guilty of manslaughter. The community likes it when the police tackle criminals and deal with public order offences; the community does not like it when 10 police in riot gear lay into a 16-year-old girl. The community likes it when shops and businesses are protected from mobs of youths; the community does not like misinformation pending investigation following a shooting. The community likes it when posho vandals who stink up the Cenotaph get jail time for their nonsense; the community does not like it when a policemen shoves a man who offers them no threat, and who has his hands in his pockets, to the ground (was there not also a baton to the elbow?). These are not grey areas or fine lines, but legitimate expectations.

If you prefer to buy your electricals the honest way, rather than looting them, go via the PlayerShare WebShop first.

www.buy.at/xtra

(Is that inappropriate opportunism?)

Yes, it is inappropriate opportunism. Love it.

Dave's statement was one of great importance there... he magnificently said :censored: all and then pretended to run back to the meeting where he was desperately needed.

:censored:.

Thankfully I'm not on the rota for Thursday. If I were, Hackney would have been ablaze again this afternoon.

Half expected him to turn up in shorts and t-shirt.

Should've been back on Sunday morning. Rioting? What-ho? Poor people in poor areas? What the :censored: do I know or care about that?

Can we verify where and when this was from? Totally shocking in any case.

I'm still stunned at how useless Dave's speech was! Public knowledge that I'm not his biggest fan but he's flown back from holiday, had the crisis Cobra meeting then came out with that?

He likes and understands the shires and the market towns, but he's got absolutely no clue when it comes to the cities. Badly exposed now. Why wasn't he back on Sunday morning?

I think we should judge the government reaction by what was said and planned indoors and how things are dealt with tonight.

I have an odd feeling that while 16,000 officers will be holding their dicks in the streets of London it's going to kick off everywhere else. :unsure:

To be fair to him, he's still reeling from the fact that sending back his gimp, Clegg, didn't allow him to see out the rest of his holibobs.

I think we should judge the government reaction by what was said and planned indoors and how things are dealt with tonight.

I have an odd feeling that while 16,000 officers will be holding their dicks in the streets of London it's going to kick off everywhere else. :unsure:

All Met leave cancelled - but surely they can't get everyone back from the Costa del Sol just like that? They're gonna need a fleet of Hercules transporters.

those US style armoured riot vans that they used last night look the business. Where were they hiding those? Must have cost a shed load each

Yeah they must've. Plus they're being driven and manned by those feckless public servants with non-jobs!

You'll like this. Grauniad video of the Turkish response. In one shot, you can see the Ali Baba kebab shop on the left-hand of the picture. The donner sign is lit up, and the doors are open, as they were all night. As a regular customer of the Ali Baba, I am very, very proud today. Top class.

Little Turkey

] send in the real troops :Israel:

We can't send in your troops, Bob - much as I'm coming round to the idea. That would be like the Saudis sending troops to Bahrain to deal with the trouble there.

And we can't send in any troops of our own, because (don't tell anyone!) we haven't got any because of incautious Tory cutting. All we've got here at home is 2nd Batallion Her Majesty's Housecats, who will be playing songs from the stage for two hours on the back of a lorry going around the inner cities.

Israeli soldiers might be quite effective in the short term, but we have to balance that against the danger that they might steal the country and make us live behind barbed wipe in refugee camps and murder our children from time to time. On balance i would rather do without.

Israeli soldiers might be quite effective in the short term, but we have to balance that against the danger that they might steal the country and make us live behind barbed wipe in refugee camps and murder our children from time to time. On balance i would rather do without.

The quality of hummus though would increase exponentially. Don't be so short-sighted.