New striker?

going off the fact that prozac has said he has told a fan that he isn't playing tonight and given the fact that nothing has been said on his twitter for 12 hours; doesn't mean anything either way.

On Simpson's page a fan asks 'are you going to Vale tonight?' and he has replied 'unfortunately not mate'

read into that what you will.

Bottom line is we need this striker signing to have scored a few somewhere, be relatively young but with a bit of experience and can improve - we do not have the budget to take on another feeney or, at this rate, reid (i am going to give him at least 10 games to show us he really wants it)

if he has turned us down then he doesnt want to be here and we don't want him so we move on.

If it is Simpson and he has turned us down, I'd be pretty relieved. Looks like another Warren Feeney to me.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbf, we may have signed a striker today, its just not been announcced yet with it being lunch

we do need a striker but it wouldnt be the end of the world if it wasnt today

much better that we have someone in for the league fixture at weekend.

tbf, we may have signed a striker today, its just not been announcced yet with it being lunch

Agree, I think Parker deserves a go with Smith

Agree, I think Parker deserves a go with Smith

I have a feeling that Reid will still start but Parker may get more minutes tonight.

still have a feeling Reid can do something, couple of goals and he will be a different man but he has to want it

either or I dont mind who starts tonight, Carlisle will be a totally different proposition to Sheff Utd, I dont think thay will be as physical

That's it; we may well have signed him up; but just not in time for him to be registered to play tonight so they aren't rushing to put the story out. He might have signed the deal and we're just waiting for paperwork to be sorted. He might not actually exist……..

It's all speculation at the end of the day.

Just because a poster has come on and claims to be in the know about who it is / when they'll sign doesn't mean it's gospel (& no offense intended there to ol' prozac).

Think it's best just to wait until there's a nice photo of the player shaking hands with PD on the 'Fishul really………

how about this new striker upfront, parker left mid, morias right mid ,taylor furman in mid, furman plays the holding man and imagine morais parker and taylor coing out you haha........

Jezzzzzzzzzz man i must load FM2011 :D

Just wondering, have we lost out of another striker or do you think he'll be unveilled tonight or tommorow?

well if we have signed someone he wont be playing tonight...if we havent then fair enough,but going off all rumours would like him to be here for saturdays game...whoever it may be.

I thought the reason why nothing was said yesterday was maybe because this new signing was going to be a season long loan deal and his parent club didn't want him cup tied, so they were going to announce something today post the Carling cup game.

However with nothing coming from BP today makes me wonder as if this signing isn't going to happen now, hope i'm wrong though.