New striker?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Tonk and M'Voto have a major falling out over a girlie?

Its only a rumour but I heard Tonk was seeing M'Votos mom for a while and M'Voto was getting a little peed with a issue over who controlled the TV remote. Tonk loved to settle down after a hard days training with a warm cup of PG,feet up and catch up on the days activities on Eggheads....Tonks mad crazy on his TV quiz shows and eggheads is his thing, but the trouble is M'Voto cant do a day with out his fix of Sponge Bob Square pants and this just caused chaos in the household.

Until one day it all erupted over weather it was going to be Spaghetti Bolognese with marinated mushrooms for the evening meal Tonks was looking forward to it but M'Voto went all medieval at the dinner table as it was a Thursday and Tonks showed him a lack of respect as Thursdays is always Eggs and Soldiers day!!

The two haven't spoke since and the relationship between M'Votos mother and Tonks was under so much pressure the cracks started to form.........

M'Voto always stamps his size 11s until he gets his own way!

Apparently its true any way....

And ..........................................

Before someone says it SOURCE!!!

There wasnt any Tonks always has his Spag Bol with just a drizzle balsamic vinegar salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Edited by Ian Marshalls Hairdresser

Didn't Tonk and M'Voto have a major falling out over a girlie?

Its only a rumour but I heard Tonk was seeing M'Votos mom for a while and M'Voto was getting a little peed with a issue over who controlled the TV remote. Tonk loved to settle down after a hard days training with a warm cup of PG,feet up and catch up on the days activities on Eggheads....Tonks mad crazy on his TV quiz shows and eggheads is his thing, but the trouble is M'Voto cant do a day with out his fix of Sponge Bob Square pants and this just caused chaos in the household.

Until one day it all erupted over weather it was going to be Spaghetti Bolognese with marinated mushrooms for the evening meal Tonks was looking forward to it but M'Voto went all medieval at the dinner table as it was a Thursday and Tonks showed him a lack of respect as Thursdays is always Eggs and Soldiers day!!

The two haven't spoke since and the relationship between M'Votos mother and Tonks was under so much pressure the crack started to form.........

M'Voto always stamps his size 11s until he gets his own way!

Apparently it true any way....

wow :unsure:

I would love Tonks back right now even if just for a 3 months or so deal

I dont see a short loan for him as a risk, he wont play at sunderland and whilst not a goal scorer he will run himself into the ground and keeps defenders on their toes which can lead to chances being created

We could do worse that ask Charlton to take Benson on a short loan deal, that way he would play football and has a point to prove to his current club, potentially a win win situation and after all we seem to have done bit business with cHARLTON ALREADY this summer

I spoke to couple West Ham fans who go watch Charlton as well and they said Dale Stephens was superb on Saturday, good luck to the lad i say

Tonks was a good servant but no more effective than Smith will be. it is all about thast elusive 20 goal a season man!

To be honest folks I think the front line is pretty much sorted now with Reid, Parker and Smith. Unless the addition is someone with guaranteed goalscoring credentials then I wouldn't bother.

We need bolstering down the left hand side ideally. Someone like Aidy White who can fill both roles

Tonks was a good servant but no more effective than Smith will be. it is all about thast elusive 20 goal a season man!

To be honest folks I think the front line is pretty much sorted now with Reid, Parker and Smith. Unless the addition is someone with guaranteed goalscoring credentials then I wouldn't bother.

We need bolstering down the left hand side ideally. Someone like Aidy White who can fill both roles

I love all this talk about a 20-goals-a-season man. It's ridiculous. Porter's the only man to do it in years and, on our budget, how can we expect to be signing a proven prolific striker?

I'm not arguing we should sign Tounkara. I don't have much of an opinion either way on that - he showed what a useful player he could be in the first half of last season and how ineffective he can be in the latter.

The club haven't helped themselves by making public an interest in completely unrealistic targets such as Cody McDonald but I'd happily settle for a 12-15 goals man.

plus a few thousand.

However if its someone unrealistic to us and we get him fair enough. But if it turns out to be someone more normal lets say a Simpson type etc then if its dragging on he isnt that keen is he and looking for other options appearing with us in reserve. We are mugs re Star Striker... been said a lot shut up and sign them. Sick of false promise how many weeks? We could talk to Beckham, yes i know, it doesnmt mean we would sign them.

As said by many the supply not good enough Smith could score plenty leap like a salmon! but needs service. A macdonald type would be fantastic but Norwich are being arses arent they hes not good enough for them but in the 500k bracket rubbish.....Latics simply not in hunt financially.

he is only in the 500k bracket because there now premier league..regardless of whether he is or not...so they can demand what they like...he's there player...

maybe going for a cody mc type is unrealistic....but id much rather go for someone like this and get turned down or priced out rather than just settle for has been journey man striker,as shez did....

maybe 20 goal a season strikers are unrealistic..but look at lowe at bury...started where he left off last season,scored 3 goals in two games now but his age makes him surplus to dickovs requirements of young and hungry...

whichever way we go i just hope its sorted sooner rather than later...later maybe too late,we lose again on saturday and its going to be a very long season...

One thing I am not 100% clear on, the striker PD is having protracted negotiations with (ie the striker is waiting to see if he gets a better offer) is it the same as Star Striker or have we moved on from there.

I know we all think there are two but I wondered if Prozac thought that. Id did not seem like it with a rating of 7.

One thing I am not 100% clear on, the striker PD is having protracted negotiations with (ie the striker is waiting to see if he gets a better offer) is it the same as Star Striker or have we moved on from there.

I know we all think there are two but I wondered if Prozac thought that. Id did not seem like it with a rating of 7.

Same lad from I understand it and I really don't think it is worth wasting any more time on a lad that isn't getting a look in at his club and will not in the future, he should be chuffed a club wants him…but instead is obviously using us as leverage elsewhere as has happened with the club all summer. Strange the club he spent last season on loan at don't want him, despite having a bit of money….must have been his attitude when he was dropped for a showpiece game.

PS I can't believe we wasted a month on Fernandez when it was made clear that Madrid wanted a fee, yet still we played him? What a waste of pre-season!

You can tell I'm not a fan of courting players, it's not the Prem, third division clubs don't jump through hoops for players.

"There's the contract…sign it or :censored: off…"

Hello??? Next target…simples…..

Edited by oafcprozac

Same lad from I understand it and I really don't think it is worth wasting any more time on a lad that isn't getting a look in at his club and will not in the future, he should be chuffed a club wants him…but instead is obviously using us as leverage elsewhere as has happened with the club all summer. Strange the club he spent last season on loan at don't want him, despite having a bit of money….must have been his attitude when he was dropped for a showpiece game.

PS I can't believe we wasted a month on Fernandez when it was made clear that Madrid wanted a fee, yet still we played him? What a waste of pre-season!

You can tell I'm not a fan of courting players, it's not the Prem, third division clubs don't jump through hoops for players.

I'm sorry but that is bollocks!! If we are going to try and sign quality players we are going to have to enter into negotiations because they are going to be wanted by other clubs and they are going to stick out for as much as they can get. If you just went here is the contract sign it or :censored: off, then you could miss out on players when both parties may have been close to an agreement.

Twit Chess

Well Simpson appears more happy watching his new Sky HD box and twittering about Chess. Agree Prozac time to say get stuffed. Hes obviously happy sitting on his backside or the stiffs. Hes a 6/7 striker nothing better as you said if Brentford went elsewhere says something.

Marc as I posted "The fact it says a fee MIGHT be involved surely we should know this up front? Wasted shirt in pre season if we not got the money?" we arent in a position to not know this upfront.

Mind Latics do things the hard way.

i take it were tracking robbie simpson then.....and cant understand why....hardly a STAR striker is he....

I'm sorry but that is bollocks!! If we are going to try and sign quality players we are going to have to enter into negotiations because they are going to be wanted by other clubs and they are going to stick out for as much as they can get. If you just went here is the contract sign it or :censored: off, then you could miss out on players when both parties may have been close to an agreement.

Quite so.

For all we know the lad might be desperate to sign for us.....it is more than likely his current club's demands are what's holding up the deal.

Dickov has already said he wants players hungry for the shirt and not the money.

For all we know the lad might be desperate to sign for us.....it is more than likely his current club's demands are what's holding up the deal.

Dickov has already said he wants players hungry for the shirt and not the money.

Good job on the wages we would be offering!!!!