Chris Taylor

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should sell but not for 200k unless there is a player swap into it. for me taylor has become to predictable and easy to stop so cash in.......

Whilst i think everyone is entitled to an opinion, selling the only player in the squad who HAS got in to double figures (goalwise) in league one before (think Reid is the only other player in the entire squad to get in to double figures but he did it in league 2) is one of the silliest ideas i've read this summer.

We need to sign more players who can and have scored consistantly at this level, easier said than done i know but selling Taylor would 100% send us to league 2.

Unless they are offering Boyd and McCann (which i doubt they are)I would tell them to piss of and see where we are in january.

It would make zero sense selling him now.

Edited by Kingdingaling

Someone asked him (DMAC102) "Are you after Chris Taylor?" and he said "Great player who I thought would have got a big move a couple of years ago. I'm sure Oldham fans are happy to have him."

A cynic would say he didn't answer the question.

#truthinthestory

Edited by opinions4u

He's worth a couple of hundred thousand more than Stephens I reckon...

no chance he is worth more then stephens and he want cheap super cheap, taylor is a fraction of what he used to be until every player in the world knows he will run at you and then cut inside everytime, to easy he has nothing else he can use...................

he really needs to adapt his game.........................................................

no chance he is worth more then stephens and he want cheap super cheap, taylor is a fraction of what he used to be until every player in the world knows he will run at you and then cut inside everytime, to easy he has nothing else he can use...................

he really needs to adapt his game.........................................................

Why not? Taylor's been consistently good at this level for a few seasons now, and got into double figures from midfield last season (with no penalties). Stephens has had one, fairly average full season at this level. I'd say he's worth more.

where's this 'taylor is rubbish' come from?? he might cut inside but more often than not he'll create a chance, have a shot or give it back to black on the overlap. sell him and we go down, and a few hundred grand wouldnt be worth it. give him a new contract and worth with him, not sell him to someone for nothing!

Losing Taylor would be a major blow.

All I could think on Saturday was how much better we would be doing if Stephens was in that side. All that was missing was someone putting their foot on the ball in midfield and getting it moving.

Sheffield United were terrified of Taylor constantly backing off. I can't even remember them putting a tackle in on him (legal tackle)

Stephens had one good season in league one, did people really think clubs would be throwing 800k+ at us?

I would agree that Taylor should go for more than Stephens if it happened, as good as any winger in this league on his day, consistent for 3-4 years and double figures last season.

I'd think Christmas had come early if we were in the market for any player in that price bracket.

Not really the point.

If you were a fan of 3rd division club (like of Charlton, or of Latics) and appreciate that your club has to be frugal with cash, would you be happy that £400k had been spent on Dale Stephens??