3 games with 0 goals (in open play) = Dickov OUT!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you people only read the last post in an entire thread? You've asked several questions here that I've already answered from previous idiots who regurgitate the same thing over and over again. You keep referring to a small squad, this is Dickov's decision. He's come out saying he wants a smaller squad with better quality, in other words he wants to have higher average wage on better players. Only thing is he has't got any. Diamond looks good and an upgrade from Hazell in my opinion but other than that we've gone backwards. He's signed Parker who has yet to score a goal in any professional game and Dickov said he was going to give us 'extra fire power'. Are you lot complete morons? Why can't you see he doens't know what he's doing!

Last season he signed endless players on short term deals who we never saw, all money down the drain. Then you lot complain about lack of funding. All teams who have got anywhere in this league have done it by cherry picking the lower leagues and this one for proven players that don't make headlines but do a job. Dickov signs inexperienced players and complains they show naivety. I was all for giving him time last year to learn from his mistakes but what I see is a stubborn guy who isn't going to admit he's wrong and change what he's doing, hence we need to get rid!

We signed Morais, Evina, and Reid on short term delas we saw plenty of them.

When you say we should cherry pick from the lower leagues and then suggest that we shouldnt sign players with a lack of experience, thats a contradiction interms. If we cherry pick from the lower leagues then they are unlikely to be experienced certainly any players with any potential. What are the signings of Smith and Ciask if we are noty cherry picking from the lower leagues. Due to the level of football we play at and geography we could be competing for players with the likes of Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, and huddersfield whos wage bills are several multiples of ours we cant compete with these teams for players. I had a good giggle over the summer when people suggested we sign Le Fondre on here we havent got a snowball in hells chance of signing a player like that, we have to scrap around beg steal and borrow for players, most people understand this you clearly don't.

May i just point everyone, as passionate as we all are in varying different perspectives, to Blackpool in 06/07.

They didn't win their first 8 or 10 games and finished in the playoffs and were bang in form when playing us - it's a funny old game is football.

Chill your collective fooking beef and calm down.

And yes, relegation wouldn't be ideal, but WERE it to happen what can we as fans do about it aside form not going to games/not buying ST's?

Answer: NOTHING - ALL we can do is stand back and watch, barring a few manager out protesets whihc for the record would get us nowhere.

When all is said and done what will be will be - lets just all support the club come what may, or in Lee's case if you don't want to be part of it, close the door on your way out, it's all we ask.

KTF

May i just point everyone, as passionate as we all are in varying different perspectives, to Blackpool in 06/07.

They didn't win their first 8 or 10 games and finished in the playoffs and were bang in form when playing us - it's a funny old game is football.

Chill your collective fooking beef and calm down.

And yes, relegation wouldn't be ideal, but WERE it to happen what can we as fans do about it aside form not going to games/not buying ST's?

Answer: NOTHING - ALL we can do is stand back and watch, barring a few manager out protesets whihc for the record would get us nowhere.

When all is said and done what will be will be - lets just all support the club come what may, or in Lee's case if you don't want to be part of it, close the door on your way out, it's all we ask.

KTF

Honestly, in your heart of hearts, do you think there is even the remotest chance of us 'doing a blackpool'?

Wow reading this thread, anyone would think we were bottom of league 2 after 30+ games. It is August and seeing as we play football and not rugby it means this is the start of the season, some of this posts are just for attention. It wasn't that long ago that Laticslee was complaining about his low rating on here, his posts on this thread ain't going to improve that. Slothdude has gone the way of insulting those who disagree with his posts, he may argue others did it first (me included) but I think most would agree that his seem to be those of a petulant little kid. Spending 6K on footy a season could lead anyone to become disinfranchised if we don't win, but slothdude how much did you spend on Latics?

I would argue that slothdude may not even support the club and are in fact just a knob looking to cause people to argue online, have an opionion share it even but please stop believing that because your negative you are better. It is rather annoying and pathetic.

Some intersting points.

Oh no wait a minute, again your post has nothing of any interest or orignal opinion contianied in it. All you got there, again, is a statement attempting to belittle someone you don't agree with. Try adding a counter argument as to why Dickov is doing such a good job rather than vague statements with no point.

Wow reading this thread, anyone would think we were bottom of league 2 after 30+ games. It is August and seeing as we play football and not rugby it means this is the start of the season, some of this posts are just for attention. It wasn't that long ago that Laticslee was complaining about his low rating on here, his posts on this thread ain't going to improve that. Slothdude has gone the way of insulting those who disagree with his posts, he may argue others did it first (me included) but I think most would agree that his seem to be those of a petulant little kid. Spending 6K on footy a season could lead anyone to become disinfranchised if we don't win, but slothdude how much did you spend on Latics?

I would argue that slothdude may not even support the club and are in fact just a knob looking to cause people to argue online, have an opionion share it even but please stop believing that because your negative you are better. It is rather annoying and pathetic.

I only see one knob here.

No i don't see playoffs, but i see our 'doing a blackpool' as mid table safety and yes i do see us doing that.

I'm sure we will come good at some point of the season but there are some worrying signs! My prediction for the season anywhere between 18th and 24th! I only hope I am proven worong!

Do any Latics fans even give a toss about Tranmere now Moore's left? Such a one-sided rivalry.

Not really, still Hudds is the one for me, I dont really give a stuff about Tranmere.

Never filled the away end, usually bring 600-700 at bes, unless someone can tell me when they brought more.

Had a few thoughts on yesterday and the season ahead.

Very bad result yesterday but mixed feelings about the performance and quality of the team/squad.

Positive things that stood out:

However the season goes for him, Matt Smith is a very good signing. We immediately become a more dangerous attacking threat than last season simply by having him on the pitch. There aren't many players left like him in the modern game but he's a player that every squad would want to have. He's got to be a project because he's not fully ready for this level but has so many things going for him that could be developed. We must figure out how he will most effectively link with the rest of the team.

Wesolowski is a good player. One certainly worthy of a regular starting place.

Despite cocking up for the 3rd goal Diamond looks to be a decent buy from Dickov.

Thought Black did well until subbed. Should've received more help defensively from Taylor in 1st half.

Parker is lightning quick!

The negatives:

Mvoto - not the same player I remember from last season. Seemed clumsy all game. Certainly have faith that he'll turn it around though.

Reid - Not his work rate because that was very good yesterday, but because of his ability and how it fits in with the rest of the team. He's fast when he gets running and seems OK inside the box but he isn't agile and doesn't read Smith's flick on's very well. Would be best used from the bench when pressing for an equaliser/winner.

Wingers - Morais I'll come onto later. Taylor was not used effectively even before filling in for Black. For a player who's supposed to be key to our success he isn't used often in our attacking play.

Lund - ability is there and with time I think he'll come good but too often today he had concentration lapses which led to bad passing decisions.

Dickov - He didnt learn from the game against them in April. They play 3-5-2 and have done so for a while therefore by playing 4-4-2 he got our formation wrong to begin with. It didn't work because their defence and midfield overloaded our attack and midfield respectively, but also it doesn't get the most out of our key players. Morais and Taylor seldom got into the game in the 1st 35 minutes. Credit to him for pushing Morais closer to Smith at the end of the half which led to our best chances, but with better planning and scouting he would’ve known to go 4-3-3 to start with.

Other notes:

Cisak – jury’s out for me. Kicking and shot-stopping seem good but I’m not convinced with his positioning.

Lee was decent.

The 1st goal was obviously crucial and things conspired against us in the 2nd half. The free-kick that led to that goal was a fair tackle by Weso. Black going off injured affected the shape and Dickov had to go for broke with the options on the bench.

If we do lose Furman long term it would be the worst player for us to lose. We missed him badly yesterday.

Solutions:

This may be controversial but I believe that we currently have the pieces in our squad to form a very effective unit. As much as I liked Tounkara last season he was ineffective in the 2nd half of the season. Smith, Diamond, Parker, Wes and Lund all in patches showed what they can bring to the team but I think they could be accommodated better.

I’m happy with the signings Dickov has made so far but because of this I will want him out in the next few months if we are struggling and he can’t get the best out of the current crop.

Yesterday he got it wrong tactically and while I see the benefits of teams regularly playing 4-4-2 in terms of the players knowing the system well, I think 4-3-3 would suit us better with players we’ve got. This would be the team I’d play:

GK Cisak

DR Lee

DL Black

DC Mvoto

DC Diamond

MC Weso

MC Lund

MC Furman/Winchester/A.N.Other

FR Morais

FL Taylor

FC Smith/Parker

A bit reminiscent of Bolton’s successful formation under Allardyce. This would get the most out of so many players. Weso and Lund don’t seem to be dominant enough to be a good central 2 so adding an extra man in there would make us tough to beat, also allowing Lund some extra freedom. To allow this to happen I’d encourage Morais and Taylor to be looking to get onto Smith’s flick on’s and make up a 4-5-1 when we haven’t got the ball. As an alternative style to Smith I’d put Parker through the middle and make the most of his pace on counter attacks.

However if Dickov wants to persist with 4-4-2 then I’d play Morais alongside Smith. I don’t feel that we get the most out of Filipe on the right and we have plenty of options who can play there and do a better job defensively. More importantly he seems to read and control the ball better than Reid and will create more chances out of nothing than Reid too. That was the most frustrating thing yesterday; we lost so many 2nd balls after Smith’s headers until Morais played alongside him. Reid is better in and around the box but isn’t agile or aware enough to deal with Smith’s headers on the half way line. As said earlier I’d use Reid from the bench when we are chasing a goal.

I’ve probably missed something out... :blush:

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Had a few thoughts on yesterday and the season ahead.

Very bad result yesterday but mixed feelings about the performance and quality of the team/squad.

Positive things that stood out:

However the season goes for him, Matt Smith is a very good signing. We immediately become a more dangerous attacking threat than last season simply by having him on the pitch. There aren't many players left like him in the modern game but he's a player that every squad would want to have. He's got to be a project because he's not fully ready for this level but has so many things going for him that could be developed. We must figure out how he will most effectively link with the rest of the team.

Wesolowski is a good player. One certainly worthy of a regular starting place.

Despite cocking up for the 3rd goal Diamond looks to be a decent buy from Dickov.

Thought Black did well until subbed. Should've received more help defensively from Taylor in 1st half.

Parker is lightning quick!

The negatives:

Mvoto - not the same player I remember from last season. Seemed clumsy all game. Certainly have faith that he'll turn it around though.

Reid - Not his work rate because that was very good yesterday, but because of his ability and how it fits in with the rest of the team. He's fast when he gets running and seems OK inside the box but he isn't agile and doesn't read Smith's flick on's very well. Would be best used from the bench when pressing for an equaliser/winner.

Wingers - Morais I'll come onto later. Taylor was not used effectively even before filling in for Black. For a player who's supposed to be key to our success he isn't used often in our attacking play.

Lund - ability is there and with time I think he'll come good but too often today he had concentration lapses which led to bad passing decisions.

Dickov - He didnt learn from the game against them in April. They play 3-5-2 and have done so for a while therefore by playing 4-4-2 he got our formation wrong to begin with. It didn't work because their defence and midfield overloaded our attack and midfield respectively, but also it doesn't get the most out of our key players. Morais and Taylor seldom got into the game in the 1st 35 minutes. Credit to him for pushing Morais closer to Smith at the end of the half which led to our best chances, but with better planning and scouting he would’ve known to go 4-3-3 to start with.

Other notes:

Cisak – jury’s out for me. Kicking and shot-stopping seem good but I’m not convinced with his positioning.

Lee was decent.

The 1st goal was obviously crucial and things conspired against us in the 2nd half. The free-kick that led to that goal was a fair tackle by Weso. Black going off injured affected the shape and Dickov had to go for broke with the options on the bench.

If we do lose Furman long term it would be the worst player for us to lose. We missed him badly yesterday.

Solutions:

This may be controversial but I believe that we currently have the pieces in our squad to form a very effective unit. As much as I liked Tounkara last season he was ineffective in the 2nd half of the season. Smith, Diamond, Parker, Wes and Lund all in patches showed what they can bring to the team but I think they could be accommodated better.

I’m happy with the signings Dickov has made so far but because of this I will want him out in the next few months if we are struggling and he can’t get the best out of the current crop.

Yesterday he got it wrong tactically and while I see the benefits of teams regularly playing 4-4-2 in terms of the players knowing the system well, I think 4-3-3 would suit us better with players we’ve got. This would be the team I’d play:

GK Cisak

DR Lee

DL Black

DC Mvoto

DC Diamond

MC Weso

MC Lund

MC Furman/Winchester/A.N.Other

FR Morais

FL Taylor

FC Smith/Parker

A bit reminiscent of Bolton’s successful formation under Allardyce. This would get the most out of so many players. Weso and Lund don’t seem to be dominant enough to be a good central 2 so adding an extra man in there would make us tough to beat, also allowing Lund some extra freedom. To allow this to happen I’d encourage Morais and Taylor to be looking to get onto Smith’s flick on’s and make up a 4-5-1 when we haven’t got the ball. As an alternative style to Smith I’d put Parker through the middle and make the most of his pace on counter attacks.

However if Dickov wants to persist with 4-4-2 then I’d play Morais alongside Smith. I don’t feel that we get the most out of Filipe on the right and we have plenty of options who can play there and do a better job defensively. More importantly he seems to read and control the ball better than Reid and will create more chances out of nothing than Reid too. That was the most frustrating thing yesterday; we lost so many 2nd balls after Smith’s headers until Morais played alongside him. Reid is better in and around the box but isn’t agile or aware enough to deal with Smith’s headers on the half way line. As said earlier I’d use Reid from the bench when we are chasing a goal.

I’ve probably missed something out... :blush:

One of PDs failings IMO is to the inability to change things depending on the opposition, they always seem to react first after half time to a need for a change in tactics or personnel and catch him unawares.

Edited by BP1960