Old heads required

IMO a couple of older heads are needed to steady the team, it's worked in the past with the likes of Bobby Johnstone, Willie Donachie, John Sheridan, and David Eyres to name but a few.

Perhaps some of you can remember other vets who a have come in and done a good job?

There must be a few experienced quality players who are available and willing to come to BP.

IMO a couple of older heads are needed to steady the team, it's worked in the past with the likes of Bobby Johnstone, Willie Donachie, John Sheridan, and David Eyres to name but a few.

Perhaps some of you can remember other vets who a have come in and done a good job?

There must be a few experienced quality players who are available and willing to come to BP.

Graham Alexander? Would Koumas come? Steve Howard? (Now I know the Leeds were knocked back but that may be down to them being in the same division and a perceived rival),

As I've said a few times over the summer, even when we were in the :censored: under Ritchie he had the basis of an experienced spine in Kelly, Garnett, Reid, Dux, Orlyggsson and Sinnot and then over the four years he moved to bring in experienced heads like Whitehall, Shez, McGinlay (ok that one failed), Adams, Eyres, Corazzin, Mini Shez etc…. Dickov needs to pull similar rabbits from the hat...

Graham Alexander? Would Koumas come? Steve Howard? (Now I know the Leeds were knocked back but that may be down to them being in the same division and a perceived rival),

As I've said a few times over the summer, even when we were in the :censored: under Ritchie he had the basis of an experienced spine in Kelly, Garnett, Reid, Dux, Orlyggsson and Sinnot and then over the four years he moved to bring in experienced heads like Whitehall, Shez, McGinlay (ok that one failed), Adams, Eyres, Corazzin, Mini Shez etc…. Dickov needs to pull similar rabbits from the hat...

Graham Alexander re-signed for Preston week or so back..

No chance Koumas would settle for the wages we would be able to offer..

with you on that and add jim fryatt and david shaw to the list

I seem to remember Simon Charlton doing well until he was injured and from the 1960s Ken Branagan, Billy Spurdle, John McCue, John Hurst and Tommy Bryceland.

Some who didn't quite come off were Ray Wilson, Albert Quixall, Bobby Collins, Andy Goram (2nd time round) and Bruce Grobbelaar.

Stephen Brooker, David Carney, Claude Davis, Ryan France, Alan Gow, Robert Kozluk, Kevin Lisbie, Gavin Mahon, Michael McIndoe, Vincent Pericard, Alan Quinn, Gavin Rae, Marcel Seip, Krisztian Timar, Tommy Williams, Daniel Woodards

All taken from PFA site, some might have clubs now and and some might be out of our range but I think anyone of these would walk into our team at the moment.

Or that Brazilian lass?

I still maintain that Marta has more going for us that 90% of our players. Add on to that she is massive abroad (the womens world cup was watched in the US like the mens game over here when I was there) and this time next year we'd be billionaires. We want a creative player up front, there she is.

It still grinds my gears that she isn't allowed or even given a chance.

(Sorry, you set me off)

Local lad Steve Jones played for Droylsden yesterday, a fan tells me he was superb, he is a far better than that level and surely with his experience he could have fulfilled a David Eyres role at BP at little expense.

John Sheridan was brought back from non league so it can happen.

I may go along on Tuesday night to Butchers Arms to see how he fares and also have a nostalgic look at Danny Boshell for Guisley.

Edited by BP1960

Stephen Brooker, David Carney, Claude Davis, Ryan France, Alan Gow, Robert Kozluk, Kevin Lisbie, Gavin Mahon, Michael McIndoe, Vincent Pericard, Alan Quinn, Gavin Rae, Marcel Seip, Krisztian Timar, Tommy Williams, Daniel Woodards

All taken from PFA site, some might have clubs now and and some might be out of our range but I think anyone of these would walk into our team at the moment.

Pericard at swindon isn't he? He'd be good if could get him in..

Seip got sent off against us last season then sat in main stand, was more bothered about losing weeks wages than being sent off..

Edited by RobOAFC

Alan Quinn or Koumas would amazing signing, but wages would be too high. Then again come deadline and facing prospect of going until January without a paycheck we maybe able to convince one of them to join.

Free agents will still be able to sign for clubs after the window closes though.