Diallo signs

Is he the Neymar-alike pre-season trialist?

looks like it

looks like he split opinion whilst on trial ,

LaticsLee says he :censored: if I remember (although Lee wouldnt be happy until we signed a young Roberto Carlos)

Welcome to the club Bradley

I think it's time to stop waiting for that sit up and wow signing........avoids disappointment. Still need 3/4 good signings to give us a real outside chance of the playoff's. Even then the current crop of players have to shine at their best all season. Even though PD's record this past 6 months is near terrible I still feel he was the manager we needed when the TTA rode into town full of optimism and cash.

Welcome on board Bradley.

He's been very patient as he's been here a good while now hasn't he? He was sat in full training gear with BD & a high squad number (20-odd) on it at the Carlisle game; sat on the bench (talking to Mike Newton) so it looked like he was going to be joining us from that. Laughing & joking with Tarky too so English doesn’t seem to be a problem to him.

Mixed bag of comments on here about him - I haven't seen him play as he didn’t get on Vs. Burnley which was the only home pre-season game I saw.

Ah well - let's hope we've unearthed a good 'un. At the very least he adds to competition at FB, someone to push Paul Black a la Evina last year.

Guess he'll be straight into the squad for tomorrow?

Welcome on board Bradley.

He's been very patient as he's been here a good while now hasn't he? He was sat in full training gear with BD & a high squad number (20-odd) on it at the Carlisle game; sat on the bench (talking to Mike Newton) so it looked like he was going to be joining us from that. Laughing & joking with Tarky too so English doesn't seem to be a problem to him.

Mixed bag of comments on here about him - I haven't seen him play as he didn't get on Vs. Burnley which was the only home pre-season game I saw.

Ah well - let's hope we've unearthed a good 'un. At the very least he adds to competition at FB, someone to push Paul Black a la Evina last year.

Guess he'll be straight into the squad for tomorrow?

i was one of the positives about this lad, does'nt look big and hefty but very strong in the tackle, does not look like CB tho. good luck dude and welcome to the club...

Nathan Clarke from Hudds apparently

Bang on HB..........from Hudds official site,

Huddersfield Town can confirm that long serving central defender Nathan Clarke is set to join League 1 outfit Oldham Athletic on loan until January.

The 27 year-old defender has not figured in any of Town's matchday squads at the start of the current season and is set to join Paul Dickov's Oldham side ahead of the weekend fixtures.

Bang on HB..........from Hudds official site,

Huddersfield Town can confirm that long serving central defender Nathan Clarke is set to join League 1 outfit Oldham Athletic on loan until January.

The 27 year-old defender has not figured in any of Town's matchday squads at the start of the current season and is set to join Paul Dickov's Oldham side ahead of the weekend fixtures.

Is that the big bastard who was a rock last year ?

*Edit : No thats Peter Clarke I was thinking of , no chance of getting him :lol:

Edited by razza699

I think it's time to stop waiting for that sit up and wow signing........avoids disappointment. Still need 3/4 good signings to give us a real outside chance of the playoff's. Even then the current crop of players have to shine at their best all season. Even though PD's record this past 6 months is near terrible I still feel he was the manager we needed when the TTA rode into town full of optimism and cash.

I had started to wonder recently whether PD is the man for the job, we started like a train last year but the wheels came off after the Rochdale defeat when we lost Mvoto, combined with other players missing too. I didn't expect us to beat the Blades and was pleased when we matched them for the first 45, I thought we should have beaten Carlisle but we couldn't get the ball in the net and Yeovil was woeful.

Then the trip to Scunny came, PD shuffled the pack and got the result. The day after I watched his post match interview and fell in love with the man all over again, he talks so much sense about everything and to see the players in their interviews saying that they were happy about the win but more importantly pleased for "the gaffer" to get the win speaks volumes.

When Talbot came in I agreed with many of the things he did, making players wear suits and I think he stopped them using mobiles at training, for some players, this kind of discipline is needed and can get results. Shez was too close to the players, always hard being promoted from within as it is difficult to maintain the balance, the dogs incident had been waiting to happen for a while.

Off-field and on-field Dickov is the man to take this club forward. He has engendered a fantastic team spirit, stuck to his guns regarding the type of player he wants at the club, through necessity or choice isn't scared of playing the kids, if they're good enough they're old enough and he always references the fans with regard to results and thanks their contribution when they've travelled to see a win or a loss. He knows how he wants the game played, how many times has he said "get the basics right", we've lost when we haven't done this and won when we do, it is a pretty simple game at the end of the day.

He will drop some right rickets over the coming seasons but I can see him getting more right than wrong, I can see us having a problem keeping hold off him rather than having to dump him out of the back door. We as fans need to back him and stump him the old hard earned to get behind the team and enjoy the football on the pitch, it isn't going to be the same standard as Messi & Xavi as we don't have that budget but when the team clicks it hasn't been bad to watch.

looks like it

looks like he split opinion whilst on trial ,

LaticsLee says he :censored: if I remember (although Lee wouldnt be happy until we signed a young Roberto Carlos)

Welcome to the club Bradley

who gives a 5hit what he thinks...he wants us to get relegated...superfan

I had started to wonder recently whether PD is the man for the job, we started like a train last year but the wheels came off after the Rochdale defeat when we lost Mvoto, combined with other players missing too. I didn't expect us to beat the Blades and was pleased when we matched them for the first 45, I thought we should have beaten Carlisle but we couldn't get the ball in the net and Yeovil was woeful.

Then the trip to Scunny came, PD shuffled the pack and got the result. The day after I watched his post match interview and fell in love with the man all over again, he talks so much sense about everything and to see the players in their interviews saying that they were happy about the win but more importantly pleased for "the gaffer" to get the win speaks volumes.

When Talbot came in I agreed with many of the things he did, making players wear suits and I think he stopped them using mobiles at training, for some players, this kind of discipline is needed and can get results. Shez was too close to the players, always hard being promoted from within as it is difficult to maintain the balance, the dogs incident had been waiting to happen for a while.

Off-field and on-field Dickov is the man to take this club forward. He has engendered a fantastic team spirit, stuck to his guns regarding the type of player he wants at the club, through necessity or choice isn't scared of playing the kids, if they're good enough they're old enough and he always references the fans with regard to results and thanks their contribution when they've travelled to see a win or a loss. He knows how he wants the game played, how many times has he said "get the basics right", we've lost when we haven't done this and won when we do, it is a pretty simple game at the end of the day.

He will drop some right rickets over the coming seasons but I can see him getting more right than wrong, I can see us having a problem keeping hold off him rather than having to dump him out of the back door. We as fans need to back him and stump him the old hard earned to get behind the team and enjoy the football on the pitch, it isn't going to be the same standard as Messi & Xavi as we don't have that budget but when the team clicks it hasn't been bad to watch.

:OASISscarf: :OASISscarf:

+1 (With the exception of falling in love with Dickov - although i do like him.....lots!)

"Diallo (21) has impressed Dickov during a lengthy trial which began pre-season."

why not sign him earlier then? or are you talkin bollocks and he's signed cos we are desperate?

I dont think we are that desperate for wing backs so I doubt it