Twittering from BP v Morecambe

Latics reserves will have no player older than 19 years in this afternoon's Lancashire Senior Cup, first-round tie against Morecambe at Boundary Park, kick off two o'clock.

It will be very much a team of young professionals and trainees as no established players are included in the line up.

Wow

Mr Hardy himself follow me at @oafcprozac for updates expecting a knock from the Gestapo later....

that bollocks ,

If the website did a minute by minute commentary of games then I could understand them saying stop tweeting it but they dont , we have to wait till about 5 hours after the game to see the result

This club at times . :ranting:

that bollocks ,

If the website did a minute by minute commentary of games then I could understand them saying stop tweeting it but they dont , we have to wait till about 5 hours after the game to see the result

This club at times . :ranting:

What next - the club banning spectators at reserve games so they cannot twitter ? :rolleyes:

Just facebook instead

No, why the :censored: should the club dictate? Unless the club block the 3g signal they've no chance of stopping people posting updates. I mean FFS if the Media department did 10% (no gripe aimed at Gordon) of what other clubs did then there'd be no problem. Latics World still has no archive, still has no classic matches and we're still not getting the extended highlights yet we continue to be mugged off for £3.99 a month….Twitter updates should be the least of the clubs problems. The official site is simply used as a begging bowl instead of people getting on the phone and selling stuff….and you're not telling me a few Twitter updates is going to impact the club more than when they binned the scoreboard or sourced out catering, programmes and the lottery?

And don't get me started on LP failing (AGAIN!!!!!) with 30 seconds to go last night, but Walsall's was fine….. :ranting:

Edited by oafcprozac

If we had a decent, up to date website with good, timely content, rather than a collection of brief notes, incomplete player profiles and swathes of intrusive advertising and offer/discount/betting stories, maybe people would want to use it to keep in touch.

Seems a particularly petty request from the club.

Edited by Crusoe

Didn't the club stop people from posting latics wallpaper's because official website was going to do some. Still have seen any from the official site.

The club asked a member on here to take down his wallpapers as they wanted to use them on the official site. And they are yet to appear on the official site, some two months later.

If we hadn't a decent, up to date website with good, timely content, rather than a collection of brief notes, incomplete player profiles and swathes of intrusive advertising and offer/discount/betting stories, maybe people would want to use it to keep in touch.

Seems a particularly petty request from the club.

Hang on ... it's a Latics' reserve team match, not the Champions League. Memo to OAFC, we're not on many peoples radar when the first team play never mind the reserves #getreal

I never click on the reserve match reports on the OS.

A Twitter feed might make me show more interest.

Totally agree, twitter is an additional form of communication, not a replacement. I don't think the club are embracing this enough.

No, why the :censored: should the club dictate? Unless the club block the 3g signal they've no chance of stopping people posting updates. I mean FFS if the Media department did 10% (no gripe aimed at Gordon) of what other clubs did then there'd be no problem. Latics World still has no archive, still has no classic matches and we're still not getting the extended highlights yet we continue to be mugged off for £3.99 a month….Twitter updates should be the least of the clubs problems. The official site is simply used as a begging bowl instead of people getting on the phone and selling stuff….and you're not telling me a few Twitter updates is going to impact the club more than when they binned the scoreboard or sourced out catering, programmes and the lottery?

And don't get me started on LP failing (AGAIN!!!!!) with 30 seconds to go last night, but Walsall's was fine….. :ranting:

Called Sarcasm :grin:

Pretty poor decision.

The only way redeem this is for Gary to do this bit and it feature on the fishul, otherwise it is show it as process over people.

At my Mao. Work I cannot follow twitter as it blocked so this is the only way

We know the premium tv is locked down so there is zero chance anything like this will occur.

I feel an email coming on...