Chaddy. Chaddy The Owl.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an intuition about these things and it's starting to look like my thread may be veering off topic. However, for the record, Mr Tumble is ace and it's only with moderate embarrassment that I'll declare that I once watched an entire episode of Gigglebiz....without the kids even being in the house at the time.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/feb/03/meeting-mr-tumble-justin-fletcher

**Bows head. Gets coat. Walks out of the door**

I am not sure about Mr Tumble, but you cannot do anything but laugh out loud at Rapids Johnson, well maybe the panda{'s).

Or this:

stagefright-owl-mask.jpg

Can we adopt this as the next iteration of the costume? I'd like to see the away fans singing "what the effin hell is that?" if this was running up to kick the ball in the net.

Plus it fits in nicely with the "c'mon then, what are you looking at?" style owl on our new crest.

I chose to sit him in the Chaddy End to tell him "See that hospital? I was born there. You were born there. THIS is our team"

Hmmmmm. I was born there, my wife was born there and my eldest was born there. However, my youngest was born (after a frantic drive at about Mach 3.8) at Fairfield General owing to the Royal Oldham negating to tell us they had temporarily closed the maternity unit when we phoned them that morning to say we were coming in. :shock:

That now leaves me in something of a predicament. I suppose it could be argued that Bury could/should be his team. :unsure:

I'm still brainwashing the little bugger into being a Latic though!! :lol:

Hmmmmm. I was born there, my wife was born there and my eldest was born there. However, my youngest was born (after a frantic drive at about Mach 3.8) at Fairfield General owing to the Royal Oldham negating to tell us they had temporarily closed the maternity unit when we phoned them that morning to say we were coming in. :shock:

That now leaves me in something of a predicament. I suppose it could be argued that Bury could/should be his team. :unsure:

I'm still brainwashing the little bugger into being a Latic though!! :lol:

Tough one but I think I read somewhere (could have been on the official site) that there's an oft forgotten rule that if your parents were born there (or three of your grandparents) then you're in. I also heard that Judaism may have adopted this model from OAFC but, don't quote me. I'm not handing out history lectures here.

Of course, it would be mean to tell young Bury (You did call him that didn't you?) that he needs to fight harder for your affections. A long term programme involving going to Latics, getting half time brews, stumping up spends for Strike It Lucky tickets, etc is NOT something I would advocate.

I showed my son the picture of the unmasked Chaddy this morning (props to Diego_Sideburns - good find!) and it may be something that eases him a little but, of course, time will tell.

I wonder why the club don't cash in on Chaddy more, having a whole Chaddy The Owl brand. Sell crap like child Chaddy costumes eg. a little plastic mask and gloves, Chaddy clothes, coats, bags, pjs, bedroom stuff, even child books with Chaddy as the hero. With xmas coming up there could be a bit of money coming in, if they kept the costs down then it could make the club at least a small profit.

I would of cource accept as little as 5% of all profits for having the idea, it would be 10% but the club needs as much as possible. Seriously it could be worth the club looking at doing something similar, for the most part children seem to love Chaddy. If the club were to do crap like child books they would also get brownie points for helping children learn to read.

This is exactly the wrong idea!!!! We want the people who would wear such a prophylactic (nearly latics!) to not use contraception so that it bumps up the numbers of latics fans.

Campaign slogan, "Chaddy Rides Bareback?" Maybe a series of handouts themed with, "Chaddy's safe sex tips," showing things like him flying out off a window as an angry father kicks his teenage daughter's bedroom door down?

Campaign slogan, "Chaddy Rides Bareback?" Maybe a series of handouts themed with, "Chaddy's safe sex tips," showing things like him flying out off a window as an angry father kicks his teenage daughter's bedroom door down?

Ive often wondered how an "Owl Style" position would work

erm, I am a little disturbed by this thread!

1) Gail Force is clearly Mr Tumble at weekends.

2) I'll see what I can do re Chaddy and a scared Mstr F B

3) Chaddy Owl condoms - slogan ideas? Could be a marketing plan. Can owls turn their heads all the way around?

4) The boy Bury was moved to Oldham SCBU to get his B&B there for a few days, he was well educated from the windows when his wires etc would allow him to be moved that far!!!

and

5) Rapids Johnson will never find the panda, fact of life.

Edited by Lisa

erm, I am a little disturbed by this thread!

1) Gail Force is clearly Mr Tumble at weekends.

3) Chaddy Owl condoms - slogan ideas? Could be a marketing plan. Can owls turn their heads all the way around?

4) The boy Bury was moved to Oldham SCBU to get his B&B there for a few days, he was well educated from the windows when his wires etc would allow him to be moved that far!!!

and

5) Rapids Johnson will never find the panda, fact of life.

:lol:

Much appreciated and thanks for making the connection to child!

I really wouldn't like to debase the forum with such matters. To me, it's the home of intellectual comment and maturity on the internet. I, personally, would also find this degrading to a thread which I opened.

That said, I noticed that the popular beat combo, JLS each have their own stylised pack of condoms so rather than going the obvious route of an owl topped French Letter with 'We Are Latics' stamped down the side then surely a pack of three with an individual player's photo and relevant sheath slogan would be a winner. There can't be a girl in the borough who wouldn't be thrilled that the special man in her life has spent his hard earned on a box of 'Shefti's shafters' or 'Reidy's rubbers'.

Even those who did their courting when Jimmy Hill was still on Match of the Day could get involved by taking the Stannah lift up to their front bedrooms re-igniting old passions by cracking open some 'Rodger Wylde (Classics)'.

That said, I noticed that the popular beat combo, JLS each have their own stylised pack of condoms so rather than going the obvious route of an owl topped French Letter with 'We Are Latics' stamped down the side then surely a pack of three with an individual player's photo and relevant sheath slogan would be a winner. There can't be a girl in the borough who wouldn't be thrilled that the special man in her life has spent his hard earned on a box of 'Shefti's shafters' or 'Reidy's rubbers'.

Even those who did their courting when Jimmy Hill was still on Match of the Day could get involved by taking the Stannah lift up to their front bedrooms re-igniting old passions by cracking open some 'Rodger Wylde (Classics)'.

Post of the day.

I saw Roger at Stockport last week. No wonder the Cheadle End gave him such a good reception after he'd done his bit on the pitch as physio!

Taylor's goalscoring face is perfect to represent the moment when the device earns its money. I would rather use one that had, "Oldham Athletic Football Club (2004 ). Current home Boundary Park. Formerly known as Pine Villa," written on it. Could we also have a simple, "OAFC," for the likes of beardy? Our product range shouldnt exclude any members of oldhams diverse community.