The result is bad.. but not to bad

It was a disapointing results, especially as they had 10 men for the last 20 mins, but Brentford have now won 5 away games in row! so it was always going to be tough as they were buzzing with confiendence and you could see it on the pitch from the Brentford players. Also with such a young team I think we may be quite incosistent this year, we should've in my oponinion at least drew the game as at the end we had countless croses and shots.

Our managers decisions cost us today. Taking a full back off with half its to go only for them to score down that side, them brings on another full back five minutes later. Why he kept on the norwich lad who may as well of stayed at home, invisible all game. Poor decisions against ten men again.

not just the substitution he got wrong today.he had 2 left backs on the bench and played a right back at left back. First half we played ok i thought looked quite dangerous so why look to make a change straight after half time. He didnt have to start pissing about so early in the second half. then he takes simpson off who had been ok and left taylor on who had been utter gash.(has he got it in his contract taylor that he cannot be subbed)then he takes clarke off who is an attacking threat so then we are left with absolutely no outlet from the back. then he takes off arguably our best player(wesolowski)and leaves a midfielder on who would win the world hide and seek championship hands down. Totally tactically inept and apart from last week it happens every time we go behind or after half time. I would love to be a fly in the wall in dickovs half time team talks.

2nd half. Brentford broke down the right and crossed the ball in, diamond sliced a clearence and for some reason Morais started waving his finger in Diamonds face and there was a bit of pushing and shoving not sure what is was about really.

I thought we were well in it 1st half. Got plenty of corners and Reuben had a good effort well saved as did SK but the goal was a bit of sickner. They were a good footballing side but we dont clear our lines from a corner AGAIN and then allow someone a free hit from the edge of the box sick to death of it happening.

The argument wasn't about the sliced clearance it was about miscommunication. Morals went over an then seemed to t let the play go passed thinkin diamond was coming over sweeping but diamon didn't they blamed each othe an got there handbags out as a result

At least they showed some passion - unlike some of the other Latics players.

I'd excuse my French :censored: Mvoto off. How he makes the starting 11 il never know!! He is garbage and needs dropping. For me Diamond and Clarke are so much better!! I'd of also started with Diallo at LB and Lee at RB. for definate. IMO we were the better team. We had countless crosses in and free kicks etc and how we didn't score first il never know. I think some practice is needed on the finishing side and when Clarke throws in, there effective if there is someone who makes the effort to jump and head it on but every single one was won by Brentford!!! Some positives but alot of negatives.

I'd excuse my French :censored: Mvoto off. How he makes the starting 11 il never know!! He is garbage and needs dropping. For me Diamond and Clarke are so much better!! I'd of also started with Diallo at LB and Lee at RB. for definate. IMO we were the better team. We had countless crosses in and free kicks etc and how we didn't score first il never know. I think some practice is needed on the finishing side and when Clarke throws in, there effective if there is someone who makes the effort to jump and head it on but every single one was won by Brentford!!! Some positives but alot of negatives.

I agree with dropping him but do you mean get rid fully? He is a good defender but is on bad form at the minute, every player has them it's up to the club to get him out of it. Today was poor but don't get carried away.

If you think we were the better team you must be on some kinda drugs. We.were dominated start to finish. We might aswell not have a midfield seeing as we tend to hoof the ball to nowhere. There were no communication in the backline cos everyone was out of position. In the first half they had 57% possession which tells you everything.

You cant say we need shooting practice cos barring today were we created very little we have done well with our forward play.

Dickov got it wrong today with his selection but all the blame doesnt lie with him cos i bet they dont spend all week hoofing balls onto chapel road.

It was a disapointing results, especially as they had 10 men for the last 20 mins, but Brentford have now won 5 away games in row! so it was always going to be tough as they were buzzing with confiendence and you could see it on the pitch from the Brentford players. Also with such a young team I think we may be quite incosistent this year, we should've in my oponinion at least drew the game as at the end we had countless croses and shots.

my thoughts exactly, they looked like a decent well organised outfit, even when down to 10 men they knocked the ball down effectively. But it didn't help with the full-back situation which invited the long ball which seems to do us no good. It's still early days, bring on Exeter

morais seemed frustrated & angry the whole time he was on the pitch, not sure what it was about today. Shame, he's more talented than the rest of the midfield put together.

May have had something to with him being megged for their second. The way he just jogged along after being done really got my goat though. Showed no desire to make up for being embarrassed on the wing.

Also, for their first, we just trotted out so casually whilst Douglas lined up the shot. Just seen the goals on SSN. We looked like we couldn't be arsed.

Smith also needs to have a word with himself for missing and open goal from 2 yards out.

Dog :censored: all over the park today.....

If you think we were the better team you must be on some kinda drugs. We.were dominated start to finish.

If you think we were dominated from start to finish I think your the one on some kinda drugs as you put it.

We had more shots on and off target. Possession was 51/49% to us. Not saying we played well by any means. Just seems when they went down to 10 men is when it went tits up. Poor tactics by dickov.

Edited by oldhamains

I thought Mvoto was a rare bright spot today, he dealt with their man perfectly in the later stages when they hoofed the ball to him, I'd even go as far as saying he was man of the match.

As for the Morais - Diamond handbags, Dickov's fault for not organising the defence better after the changes, Diamond should have been playing as the right CB and picked up their man but he left it for Morias who was already covering someone else which is why Morais got riled.

Bad day at the office and we got punished.

I thought Mvoto was a rare bright spot today, he dealt with their man perfectly in the later stages when they hoofed the ball to him, I'd even go as far as saying he was man of the match.

Seriously? That's better than bob's jokes.

May have had something to with him being megged for their second.

That's exactly what it was about, Morais was absolutley pathetic for their second goal. In fact, he was absolutely pathetic full stop. Like he was going to score with that 45 yard shot. Lots of skill and very quick feet he may have, just a shame he doesn't use his talent. Hopefully Diamond bounced him around the dressing room.

As for the Morais - Diamond handbags, Dickov's fault for not organising the defence better after the changes, Diamond should have been playing as the right CB and picked up their man but he left it for Morias who was already covering someone else which is why Morais got riled.

Bad day at the office and we got punished.

The tactics were right, but the execution poor.

3-4-3 against a team with ten men and defending a 1-0 lead is spot on.

Unfortunately Morais , who i rate immensely, put in a half hearted challenge that led to their second goal. He was in the right place but didn't execute the tackle at all well

They took their chances well, we had many more and didn't. Their keeper made two good saves from Reid and Kuqi in first half, and Clarke put in a superb cross that Kuqi only had to touch and it would have been in but was on the back foot.

Second half it looked as though we again had chances but couldn't do anything with them.

Not until second half did we seem to create anything down the wings.#

Reid my MOTM.

From start to finish we were second best all over the park....just what game are some of you watching!!! Our midfield is non existant and for the umpteenth time at home we were passed to death. Wesolowski is a terrier and can break up the play but the rest are bloody woeful....we simply can't hold the ball, can't pass, and can't move!!!

We have centre backs who just hoof it and Mvoto has the turning circle of the Titanic....Dickov has to decide what his best centre back pairing is and I suspect it's Diamond and Clarke....like has been said earlier we have two left backs available but in order to accomodate Clarke he plays neither.

Brentford started like a house on fire today and I reckon if they had scored earlier we could have been murdered...it was the same against Rochdale whose midfield were running the show until Trotman came to the rescue. Our midfield are bloody clueless and just don't seem to have the guile or will to create anything at all, we desperately need a Wellens/Sheridan type to put their foot on the ball and call the shots as in home games where we should be dominating we are second best week after week.

I thought Weolowski, Reid, Lee, and Cisak did OK the rest were abysmal. Dickov talks about team shape again in his summary...how much longer do we have to wait for it to sink in!!!

I haven't seen a decent performance at home in a very long time and it's no wonder the attendances are falling away.....come on Dickov sort it out!!!!

From start to finish we were second best all over the park....just what game are some of you watching!!! Our midfield is non existant and for the umpteenth time at home we were passed to death. Wesolowski is a terrier and can break up the play but the rest are bloody woeful....we simply can't hold the ball, can't pass, and can't move!!!

We have centre backs who just hoof it and Mvoto has the turning circle of the Titanic....Dickov has to decide what his best centre back pairing is and I suspect it's Diamond and Clarke....like has been said earlier we have two left backs available but in order to accomodate Clarke he plays neither.

Brentford started like a house on fire today and I reckon if they had scored earlier we could have been murdered...it was the same against Rochdale whose midfield were running the show until Trotman came to the rescue. Our midfield are bloody clueless and just don't seem to have the guile or will to create anything at all, we desperately need a Wellens/Sheridan type to put their foot on the ball and call the shots as in home games where we should be dominating we are second best week after week.

I thought Weolowski, Reid, Lee, and Cisak did OK the rest were abysmal. Dickov talks about team shape again in his summary...how much longer do we have to wait for it to sink in!!!

I haven't seen a decent performance at home in a very long time and it's no wonder the attendances are falling away.....come on Dickov sort it out!!!!

gettin batered off a 10 man brentford sums us up,last 2 home games feckin depressin...........