Quarter Final of the JPT

A final at Wembley with 40,000 fans paying £35 a ticket will gross £1.4m. But I suspect the stadium bags a fair percentage of that. And would, say, a Latics v Stevenage final get that many in?

I don't think the sponsorship figures are massive and the TV money won't be life changing for this one.

While a £1m income for the winners isn't impossible, it seems a stretch. Espeically after you deduct the cost of staging half a dozen games prior to the final.

I like the competition and have always wanted Latics to commit to it fully and succeed in it. A Wembley win would do the town and the club no end of good.

It's our turn!

A final at Wembley with 40,000 fans paying £35 a ticket will gross £1.4m. But I suspect the stadium bags a fair percentage of that. And would, say, a Latics v Stevenage final get that many in?

I don't think the sponsorship figures are massive and the TV money won't be life changing for this one.

While a £1m income for the winners isn't impossible, it seems a stretch. Espeically after you deduct the cost of staging half a dozen games prior to the final.

I like the competition and have always wanted Latics to commit to it fully and succeed in it. A Wembley win would do the town and the club no end of good.

It's our turn!

I'm liking that O4U and I'm feeling it aswell!

It's our turn!

Most recent finals attendances..

Carlisle v Brentford got 40,476 fans

Carlisle v Southampton got 73,476 fans

Luton v Scunthorpe got 55,378 fans

MK Fake v Grimsby got 56,618 fans

No reason to see why there wouldn't be 40,000 + fans there..

Most recent finals attendances..

Carlisle v Brentford got 40,476 fans

Carlisle v Southampton got 73,476 fans

Luton v Scunthorpe got 55,378 fans

MK Fake v Grimsby got 56,618 fans

No reason to see why there wouldn't be 40,000 + fans there..

I still have my doubts about the people of Oldham getting off there arses for a trip to BP, let alone 20,000+ heading off down to Wembley.

I still have my doubts about the people of Oldham getting off there arses for a trip to BP, let alone 20,000+ heading off down to Wembley.

Oh dont worry , if Latics did get to wembley even in this comp you will be surprised how many loyal , supported them years , go every game fan will be there .

I don't think even winning this comp is that financially rewarding . maybe a couple of hundred grand.

I think most of the money , even from the final is divided amongst all the teams in the lower leagues.

Mind youi in our position even 200/300k will be gratefully accepted.

Thinking financially, you'd suspect if we had 50,000 turn up it would go as follows:

£35 a ticket

Total = 1.75M

VAT= 350k

After VAT total = 1.4M

Remove expenses/Police = 200k

After expenses total = 1.2M

Our cut (if like FA Cup) = 45% = 540,000

Knock off bonuses of say 140k, leaves us with £400k.

If you make the final you do pocket a fair bit. It's just we'll lose a fair chunk of that making the final.

Thinking financially, you'd suspect if we had 50,000 turn up it would go as follows:

£35 a ticket

Total = 1.75M

VAT= 350k

After VAT total = 1.4M

Remove expenses/Police = 200k

After expenses total = 1.2M

Our cut (if like FA Cup) = 45% = 540,000

Knock off bonuses of say 140k, leaves us with £400k.

If you make the final you do pocket a fair bit. It's just we'll lose a fair chunk of that making the final.

I'm going to hazard a guess that hiring Wembley Stadium for the day costs more than your £200k figure above.

I hope to go to Wembley this season with Latics....hopefully to see a play-off final win rather than a JPT appearance.

One of the songs at Scunthorpe was:

Tell me Ma, me Ma

To put the champagne on ice

We're going to Wembley twice

Tell me Ma, me Ma.

Of course, if you include the F.A. Cup, it's thrice.

They shouldn't be aloud to go. The hardcore 3K should get free tickets by the club for their loyalty, the ones who have jumped ship can :censored: off.

Loving the figures just being plucked from thin air.

It was plucked from the coverage of last seasons final (or the build up on ssn, can't quite remember which)

The million also included spin offs such as coach travel, merchendise and media payments etc