Latics v MK Dons

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That collection from Cisak near the end made sure we sealed the 3 points. Great keeping in those conditions. I think this lad has been an unsung hero this season

I agree, he had to watch the bounce on a terrible surface and then once he'd assesed it he was brave and decisive. He seems calm and assured, think he's going to be a really solid keeper.

How does watching it on tv devalue my opinion on his performance?

It doesn't at all, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, BUT - it's strange as the game doesn't watch the same live Vs. Sky TV.

I went to the game as usual, and (like a geek!) watched my Sky+ recording of it when I got in having some (very) late tea, so I saw both last night.

My thoughts from watching the game live were that after the first 10-15mins, we then bossed the rest of the 1st half. I thought Tom Adeyemi had a cracking 1st half actually, and all that was good about us came mostly through him. He drove us on, was pushing on & joining the front 2 and was snapping in & around their players to help the side keep the high tempo pressing that PD wanted us to play without the ball. If Shef had put away the 2nd chance, Tom had a smidge more composure with his and Robbie Simpson hit his anywhere other than right down Martin's throat; we could have gone in more than 1 nil up; and it wouldn't have been unwarranted. 2nd half, I thought again we were the better side, with Taylor coming more into the game; both as an attacking threat & as an extra defender with his excellent tracking back. Tom's goal was very well worked; and his desire to reach the ball & his cool finish were top-notch. Robbie Simpson had a much improved 2nd half, and him & Kieran Lee looked to work some nice openings down the right. Other than the last 10mins, once Powell & McNamee came on & when they got their goal & our lads quite clearly got nervous; I thought we were by far the better of the sides & fully deserved the win.

Then, watching it on Sky later, I have to say it looked far more even than watching it live. The 1st half was pretty even; maybe even MK shading it apart from the last 10mins. Tom A's performance didn’t look as good on the TV as it did live; maybe because on the TV with the different camera angles you don’t get to see the ground both he & Wes were covering in the centre of the park. Mellor looked better on the TV than he did live*;as I didn’t notice some of his defensive work when I was watching live; but Sky picked it out for analysis etc. 2nd half, Taylor looked even better than watching live; he had a superb 2nd 45mins, he really did.

It really does back up what I've always known, that it's a different game watching on TV than live - and you do see things differently. It was really interesting to learn that PD has spent some of his own cash on video cameras to film the games; as I'm sure like me last night, he is able to see things that he missed / get a different take from when watching from the side of the pitch.

The attendance was poor at just under 2,500 but, as it was the 'die-hards' if you will, I actually thought that the support was pretty good. Around me, everyone was shouting, encouraging & applauding the much improved performance. From a game that before KO I was struggling to get "up for" (cold, wet, poor numbers in the crowd etc), it was actually really enjoyable to watch live & be at.

MoM from last night watching live; I gave it to Tom Adeyemi, from watching it back on Sky; I would possibly switch to a Taylor/Mellor combo - but for the crucial 2nd goal; I'll stick with Tom.

.* that's not to say I thought he was poor watching live, he had a very solid game; especially going forward, he just needs to be mindful of his defensive duties as he isn't the quickest in getting back in after a surge forward.

There was a great piece on Radio Manc as we were driving home last night. For about the last ten minutes of the programme, they played a series of interviews with individual members of the BP staff, including Judith Lane, the shop manager, the physio, Gordon, Tony Bugby and the "Dog's Body". Everyone sounded really professional and the homeliness of the Club came over loud and clear. Gerry Taggart mentioned the cleaners who are in a couple of hours before he arrives. He admitted he was not at his best at 8:30am but was grateful to the cleaners for making him a cup of tea before they leave. Judith described the staff as the "second team". The respect everyone has for each other, their love for the Club and the camaraderie was music to the ears.

It gave me that warm glow I've experienced so many times when illustrating why Latics is different, and I'm proud to be part of it by giving my support. :chubb:

... Around me, everyone was shouting, encouraging & applauding the much improved performance. From a game that before KO I was struggling to get "up for" (cold, wet, poor numbers in the crowd etc), it was actually really enjoyable to watch live & be at.

Just disagree on one point, it wasn't cold last night by BP standards. B)

I have been Adeyemi's biggest critic this season constantly moaning that whilst he is playing we are down to 10 men (justified so far).

However last night's performance was excellent .

Played well first half but then when we pushed on a little more at the start of the second he came on better.

Hopefully his goal will do his confidence the world of good and he can push on from here and play to that standard each week.

Nice to be back to 11 men on the pitch and now hopefully get the home form "monkey" off our backs.

Well done Adeyemi.

arrived 15 minutes late because of the buses and a steward let me in, with the number 8 season ticket but he wasnt sure, anyone remember if that was the one?

but i saw a good performace and dickov definitely got the team up for it. shame reid will be out but it's good to see a team that dickov has got together with lots of options, especially when the fullbacks are back and i wouldnt take adeyemi or wes out for furman after that game.

great win

arrived 15 minutes late because of the buses and a steward let me in, with the number 8 season ticket but he wasnt sure, anyone remember if that was the one?

but i saw a good performace and dickov definitely got the team up for it. shame reid will be out but it's good to see a team that dickov has got together with lots of options, especially when the fullbacks are back and i wouldnt take adeyemi or wes out for furman after that game.

great win

T'was indeed #8 last night

<br />I thought the same.  Especially if Morais can tidy up his passing.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I said this also, both seemed to link up very well and we seemed to be more of an attacking threat.

taking nothing away from reid though, player of the season thus far for me