Robbie Simpson

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or just more money generally.

/\This

The PlayerShare drum can't be beaten at every opportunity IMO......in these tough economic times; can it really be expected that as well as buying season tickets / matchday tickets, shirts, programmes, food & drink at the ground etc - everytime we want to sign a player the fans are called upon to put in more money?

I'm getting a bit hacked off at the constant (attempted) guilting of fans by some on here to try and drum up support - you either can afford it and already donate, or can't & don't.

Edited by slystallone

Goes back after Sheff Wed game? In that case Charlton, Hartlepool and Notts County. However Parker, Reid and Bembo will all be back by that time, so we have plenty of other options.

its refreshing to have so many options for once and dickov makes a point of signing players who can rotate in more than one position so that if we do lose simpson someone else could fit in. i'd put taylor there personally, give him a bit more space and get some confidence back.

chance are though a couple of those games will be called off in december, didnt we play anything all month last year?

<br /><br /><br />

otherwise known as stating the bleeding obvious then?

I was responding to Stevie_J when he wrote:

I think he'll almost definitely be back. The fact that Hudds let him play in the FA Cup, in spite of his deal ending in a couple of weeks tells you he has absolutely no future there.

I was pointing out another scenario, which didn't appear to be bleeding obvious from the above.

1.) I doubt Adeyemi is costing us that much as he is a youngster on loan from a higher ranked club to whom we are giving some competitive match practice, his wage at Norwich won't be massive and they will no doubt be picking some of it up during his stay.

2.) If anyone spends money to buy Simpson I will be amazed he is available on a free for next season very shortly, paying a fee for 6 months doesn't make sense. I can't see him being worth a fee to anybody who hasn't already got better players in his position.

I think today's goals, combined with his other recent performances, are as good a reason as any for people to join PlayerShare or increase their existing PlayerShare contribution.

He is fast becoming a player we really need to sign.

Come on chaps. Get on board. Give Dickov as much chance as possible.

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/pages/news/latic-playershare-2010.aspx

and remember where to shop online :wink: making it your home page!

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/

Simpson - the Division One Bergkamp....his performance today drooled class and he was a joy to watch.

To think I had doubts after his first game, but in his defence he was wide played out on the wing in that match and is clearly suited to the roving role he operates now.

When he returns to Huddersfield (temporarily we hope)I think Scapuzzi will also revel in that position.

Simpson - the Division One Bergkamp....his performance today drooled class and he was a joy to watch.

True that. In recent games he has rarely wasted a ball, keeping posession with ease and making the right pass. Even before today, his confidence seems to be through the roof and I'm sure he'd admit that his time at Latics has been as much to his benefit as ours.