loan signings going back

Scapuzzi

Simpson

Clarke

Adeyemi

None of these players will be available for the JPT games and maybe anfield. How many can we get on loan til the end of the season? I'm sure its only 3 "long term loans". I'd be happy tokeep them all for as long as possible.

Scapuzzi and Simpson are the biggies.

A decent centre half is nice, but it doesn't have to be Clarke.

Adeyemi ... nice to have in a 5 man midfield, a bit too lightweight in a 4 man midfield with attacking wide players. I suspect Winchester would give us more bite.

Scapuzzi

Simpson

Clarke

Adeyemi

None of these players will be available for the JPT games and maybe anfield. How many can we get on loan til the end of the season? I'm sure its only 3 "long term loans". I'd be happy tokeep them all for as long as possible.

Who says they're going back? :unsure: Dickov wants them all to stay.

"We are hoping to extend the stays of all the loan players and to be able to keep them for the remainder of the season.

"We made a decision in the summer that we want to keep the whole squad together, something I thank the chairman (Simon Corney) for.

"Hopefully we can do that. And things like the win against Bradford can only help us financially."

OS

Do you think Dickov has harmed our chances by not playing Mancini Jr? Especially in front of him?

I don't think so, Mancini Snr. knows all too well that you can't send someone on loan and expect them to play everygame, also he's only here to interpret anyway!

Do you think Dickov has harmed our chances by not playing Mancini Jr? Especially in front of him?

Na, and if he has then Dickov hasnt comprimised the team by playing a crap player just because he's from a big club. As good as Scapuzzi is I dont think Dickov will be held to ransom by being made to play Mancini

Scapuzzi

Simpson

Clarke

Adeyemi

4 long term we're allowed. We'll be able to get Adeyemi to end of season, perhaps Clarke. If simpson has the choice he's probably going to come to us, but it depends on Huddersfield- whether they want to sell him instead of loan. Think City would let us keep Scapuzzi until end of the season, but of course another team may come in for him in January for a loan move.

Doubt we'll get Scapuzzi back. I think City might try and get him in The Championship for the remainder of the season.

If he's settled in and enjoying himself as much as is made out, then maybe its in city's interests to let him stay here! Cant have been easy for a non english speaking player to settle in, and would he wanna go through it all again?

If he's settled in and enjoying himself as much as is made out, then maybe its in city's interests to let him stay here! Cant have been easy for a non english speaking player to settle in, and would he wanna go through it all again?

The proximity to City works in our favour in things like this as they don't have to unsettle young lads by making them move houses and out of their comfort zones.

The proximity to City works in our favour in things like this as they don't have to unsettle young lads by making them move houses and out of their comfort zones.

You know what Roger; that is the point I'm clinging too. I think that's massively in our favour; being so local he can stay put in Manchester and even pop into City for any monitoring / checks they may want to do.

If they want to loan him to the Championship; then really they'd be looking at only Barnsley & Burnley IMO as sides that are still close enough to let him stay in Manchester.

I think (& hope) that they'd be loath to send him to a Watford (picked at random), meaning a full on relocation; coupled with a fresh bedding in / settling in period.

I think we all agree he's 'too good' for League 1 & would be more at home in the Championship - but if we can play upto the fact that he can remain local & close to City, play week in; week out & he's already settled here, then I think it stands us good stead for keeping him here for the rest of the season.

The one I really want us to secure though is Robbie Simpson. Massively important that we get him back IMO.

Simpson stated a reason for joining Oldham and turning down other offers as being that he wanted to stay living in Leeds.

lets hope leeds dont come in for him then! i think the positive atmosphere at the moment is in our favour, keep that going to january, (hopefully) with the incentive of a trip to anfield, then i can see them staying.

What a turn around on loan players on this board is from a few years ago.

A few years ago this board was complaining how useless it was to have loan signings. Now look at the board.

I put it down to PD. He has picked good loan players, and more importantly, made them feel like part of the club. We are mid table and on a bit of a cup run, but these loan players seem to want to stay, not for the money (if there is any), but to be part of Oldham Athletic 2011/12.

I get the feeling they enjoy being here, and want to be able to say in the future “I was part of Oldham Athletic when they won the JPT, and knocked out Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea out of the FA cup”....... I think I have had too much wine, Goodnight

It might be in City's interests to let Scapuzzi stay for the FA cup if we play Liverpool as they've got Liverpool in the League cup the wednesday after. Or, if he goes back he can play the day he goes back and help us out. I wonder if he could stay a little bit longer and still go out on loan to someone higher up if Citeh want? If he tears Liverpool apart (which he might do) it will only increase his worth.

Scapuzzi and Simpson are the biggies.

A decent centre half is nice, but it doesn't have to be Clarke.

Adeyemi ... nice to have in a 5 man midfield, a bit too lightweight in a 4 man midfield with attacking wide players. I suspect Winchester would give us more bite.

We aint seen much of Mancini but on what i seen if i was Dickov i do my best to keep Adeyemi to me he his just as important as Wes, Simpson, Kuqi and Furman.