corney on 5live

We're going to really struggle to make any money from this game.

Low attendance and bi policing costs, it is not on a SAurday.

No siree Mr Dean Hoyle we are still skint and so just let us have Robbie simpson to keep him happy, you are a gentleman and a scholar, and deserve to be made Knight of the Realm.

Didn't someone on here say it was a guaranteed sellout?

Woof.

I'm told that Liverpool will be selling tickets for the cup game as part of a bundle which includes tickets for the League cup game v City, so it will almost certainly sell out.

I'm told that Liverpool will be selling tickets for the cup game as part of a bundle which includes tickets for the League cup game v City, so it will almost certainly sell out.

No, they're selling them to anyone with over three games clocked up this season (not just ST Holders) at the moment, they've just gone out on sale at the same time as the City tickets. Obviously they'll drop the three game requirement as and when our tickets don't sell. They are quoting £18-£25 on their email.

EDIT: Post seen below which tells the whole story.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Corney seems determined to downplay things - estimating the lowest amount of money from the tie as possible & now claiming they expect 28000 there? Maybe he's determined to be right and is pushing for 1p tickets and a Friday night kick off. I cant see where he, or Liverpool, get 28000 from. Ah well, whatever - I'm just hoping it's on the Sunday. Friday night and I'll probably give it a miss, bah.

Not Corney's estimate - he was quoting Liverpool's estimate when he said 28,000.

Corney's fag packet calculations again. It'll sell-out in the home ends no danger, they could sell out their home games for the next 5 years and still have a waiting list…thus the need for a new ground. Whether it's 'ickle Oldham or not the interest will be there.