Alan Hardy Retires

Not only has Alan Hardy been a brilliant administrator, but he has also been the epitome of excellent supporter- relationship management. He has always seen supporters as a major ingredient of the club and not an irritating necessity. He has allowed them to get very close to the Club and to relate easily to the cause. His efforts over the years to build a closeness to the Club in the local community have been outstanding. Alan’s actions have convinced me we’re all in it together, and deepened my loyalty for the Club. He has been unique in bridging the gap between football club administration and the emotional loyalty of supporters.

Best wishes Alan, for your full recovery and for a long and happy retirement, stil keeping the Faith.

Not only has Alan Hardy been a brilliant administrator, but he has also been the epitome of excellent supporter- relationship management. He has always seen supporters as a major ingredient of the club and not an irritating necessity. He has allowed them to get very close to the Club and to relate easily to the cause. His efforts over the years to build a closeness to the Club in the local community have been outstanding. Alan's actions have convinced me we're all in it together, and deepened my loyalty for the Club. He has been unique in bridging the gap between football club administration and the emotional loyalty of supporters.

Best wishes Alan, for your full recovery and for a long and happy retirement, stil keeping the Faith.

well said diego :applause1:

I'd like to echo the comments on here. I've had limited dealings with him, but he was always responsive, polite and helpful, and anyone willing to stick at a position that long (and I don't for one minute believe it's a cushy job) and to deal with vocal and public detractors deserves credit. Good luck with fighting the illness and I hope you get to enjoy life as a fan again.

Echo all these sentiments. Spoke to him a few times, up at Delph where he lives and he's such an engaging bloke. When you start to talk about all things Latics you really see the twinkle in his eye. Adores the club, so this decision must have been a difficult one, one he was probably told to do rather than voluntary.

As a young 'un, it was always amusing to knock him a little, and such is the gent he is always took it in good stride, never falling out with anyone. Alan's a part of the fabric of the club, just like the legends we've idolised on the pitch over the last 30 years. He works just as hard, if not harder than any of those. Genuinely sad to see him leave.

I really hopes he beats his illness, and gets to see his grandkids grow up. All the best Alan. get well soon.

It’s revealing that the nature of Alan’s illness has been publicised with his decision to retire from the club on health grounds. The fact that he has continued to work for the club whilst battling cancer is to his credit, and clearly demonstrates his utmost commitment to Latics.

The club recently appointed an honorary president for business reasons and although we already have one vice president there is no reason why we couldn’t have a second. Alan should be appointed a vice president and life member of the club, with a seat in the directors’ box whenever he wants it.

Alan, I hope you win your battle with cancer and have a long and happy retirement. Hopefully, continuing to watch Latics won’t have any other impact on your health!

The man quite simply is Mr Oldham Athletic! His devotion and dedication to the club have been fantastic throughout his whole career, and his desire to continue working through his illness and treatment over the last couple of years has been amazing!

Good luck and hopefully the very best of health, Alan. Here's to a long and happy retirement, and many more years of watching the best football club on the planet!