Who would you have back?

The guardian posted an article asking which player they'd want back in their side. If we are talking, go in a time machine and bring them back at their peak it'd be Rick Holden for me. Kuqi would have a feild day with those crosses. If we are talking about which player could we bring back to add something to the side now. It's gotta be Tierney. Left back isn't our strongest position and he's holding more than his own in the top flight.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jan/10/former-player-bring-back-club

The guardian posted an article asking which player they'd want back in their side. If we are talking, go in a time machine and bring them back at their peak it'd be Rick Holden for me. Kuqi would have a feild day with those crosses. If we are talking about which player could we bring back to add something to the side now. It's gotta be Tierney. Left back isn't our strongest position and he's holding more than his own in the top flight.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jan/10/former-player-bring-back-club

Time machine - for me, either Tricky Ricky Holder or Stitch.

Still Playing - Tierney's a good shout, but I'd have to sway to Kilkenny circa 1st loan ability & impact.

On the other hand if you took Tierney using the time machine and Ricky from now out left hand side would be bobbins.

I wouldn't put Armstrong or Hall into the 'let go' category - more the had to go in the circumstances. I was thinking more of players who didn't make it at Latics but we regretted losing later.

Loads of examples of such players from big clubs - David Platt springs to mind - but a rarity in the lower divisions I'd have thought.

Actually one does come to mind. Steve Morison was originally at Northampton.

Edited by Dave_Og

Ricky Holden for me (currently in the middle of reading his bio as well, excellent read so far).

Or Alan Groves - One player the older generation rave about who I would love to have seen play!

I must get around to reading that. I read the first chapter over a year ago and, to be honest, I didn't really like his tone. Think I've avoided it since as I didn't want to allow myself to dislike a childhood hero. I'll probably go back to it at some point.

time machine theres only one for me Bobby Johnstone he was past his best when he came to us but he was worth the addmission fee alone he was sheer magic and your grandad was right if we could have his talent now he was a centre forwards dream player Bert Lister would vouch for that.

I wouldn't put Armstrong or Hall into the 'let go' category - more the had to go in the circumstances. I was thinking more of players who didn't make it at Latics but we regretted losing later.

Loads of examples of such players from big clubs - David Platt springs to mind - but a rarity in the lower divisions I'd have thought.

Actually one does come to mind. Steve Morison was originally at Northampton.

Chris Killen, let him go on a free but ended up at Celtic. Wouldn't say we regretted letting him go with his injuries though. Did we get much for Warhurst or Redfearn?

Edited by jimsleftfoot