Huddersfield PA announcer insults Paul Dickov

Five home games in December; Christmas; Anfield; JPT final this week - £££

I'm not sure 1,500 constitutes pathetic in the circumstances.

After Chesterfield x 2, Anfield, Hudds, Chesterfeld at Home then Brentford all to pay for…Stevenage's progress in in the FA Cup is most welcome!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I don't a bit of banter but his insults were abit thick, everything he said we already know (besides the Dickov part, as if Lee Clark is a Mensa member). Also the three sided stadium joke annoyed me more, because it's not. We don't play on a triangle pitch, it is a three stand stadium. It's not a surpise though he is the 2nd worst announcer I've heard, but he does represent the club in a way befitting Huddersfield.

My word the whole p*ssing contest about away support is mind numbingly tedious. We're 16th in the league, barely push 3,000 at home & coming to the end of a run of 4 straight away games, one essentially being a semi final of a cup which people will understandably prioritise. 1,500 is an excellent turnout in the circumstances.

I can think of at least 4 occasions in recent years when Huddersfield have been in a similar position to what we are now & brought around 1,100 fans to Boundary Park. I could think of many examples - Sheff Wed last year being one fresh in the mind, It's not as if we're alone in having fickle followers.

Plus, with Dale, Bury and, at a push, PNE now in our league, Huddersfield won't be the away game that some always look out for, especially if we're not ripping up trees in the league.

Obligatory fourth paragraph.

My word the whole p*ssing contest about away support is mind numbingly tedious. We're 16th in the league, barely push 3,000 at home & coming to the end of a run of 4 straight away games, one essentially being a semi final of a cup which people will understandably prioritise. 1,500 is an excellent turnout in the circumstances.

I can think of at least 4 occasions in recent years when Huddersfield have been in a similar position to what we are now & brought around 1,100 fans to Boundary Park. I could think of many examples - Sheff Wed last year being one fresh in the mind, It's not as if we're alone in having fickle followers.

Plus, with Dale, Bury and, at a push, PNE now in our league, Huddersfield won't be the away game that some always look out for, especially if we're not ripping up trees in the league.

Obligatory fourth paragraph.

:lol:

There is a feeling over t'hills that we had an excessive number of head injuries at the Galpharm.

Some sheepliking chap has a little bit too much time on his hands. But I do think this is quite funny.

http://www.htfc-world.com/reports/Oldham3/oldham140112.htm

(Special reference to this thread included!)

Can redstar creative demand a fee for unauthorised use of their logo?

There is a feeling over t'hills that we had an excessive number of head injuries at the Galpharm.

Some sheepliking chap has a little bit too much time on his hands. But I do think this is quite funny.

http://www.htfc-worl...ldham140112.htm

I've always liked the stuff he does. His animation and photoshop work has improved a lot the last few seasons too. Fair play to him, it is pretty funny.

He never did one from our tatering of them at the Galpharm under Shez though. Funny that.

http://www.htfc-world.com/reports/Oldham3/oldham140112.htm

:lol: they are right that "I want to go home" chant is tedious

I've always liked the stuff he does. His animation and photoshop work has improved a lot the last few seasons too. Fair play to him, it is pretty funny.

He never did one from our tatering of them at the Galpharm under Shez though. Funny that.

It is very good, I agree. But it does have that 'you're not fit to be on the same pitch as us' arrogance running through it.

the correct response from the bloke on the pitch when asked about dickovs mental state should have been "dont be daft hes sound you thick yorkshire pudding" Instant insult to 15k home fans

tbf if he wanted to insult the home fans he should of said something derogatory about Don Revie or Howard Wilkinson

A far more succint comment would have been, "Where were you, when you were :censored:…."

exactly, in the Upper Tier at Elland Road. My housemates a Bradford fans and he summed it up perfectly "Bradford have cheap tickets whereas Oldham have League 1 Football, whereas Huddersfield have League 1 Football and cheap tickets but take the sugar Daddy away and they're no bigger or better a club than both of us (Bradford and Latics)"

So the usual suspects are now accusing us of having glory hunting fans? Quite ironic that I get told how :censored: we are every time I come on here, but we've apparently attracted a load more fans from Leeds(?!) since we stopped being :censored:?!

Glad the majority saw through it and enjoyed the tongue in cheek humour. He's brilliant. My personal favourite is the Barnsley Mr. Men report, well worth a read!

So the usual suspects are now accusing us of having glory hunting fans? Quite ironic that I get told how :censored: we are every time I come on here, but we've apparently attracted a load more fans from Leeds(?!) since we stopped being :censored:?!

Glad the majority saw through it and enjoyed the tongue in cheek humour. He's brilliant. My personal favourite is the Barnsley Mr. Men report, well worth a read!

70 posts on little Oldhams message board #obsessed

It was really funny.

Did he do one when we hammered you 3 - 0 at your place a couple of years back?

Out of interest like?

70 posts on little Oldhams message board #obsessed

I quite like it on here. You talk about us more than on DATM. :wink:

Have no idea why I signed up, as I'm not the type of person that signs up to opposition boards, but I quite like popping on here every now and again. The banter's normally good, and the majority of your fans seem like good, normal football fans.

It was really funny.

Did he do one when we hammered you 3 - 0 at your place a couple of years back?

Out of interest like?

Couldn't tell you. He used to do loads of them, but has since only really done them for bigger matches. He doesn't just do them for victories though, so have a look and you might find one or two reports of you beating us.

I quite like it on here. You talk about us I'm on here more than on DATM. :wink:

Have no idea why I signed up, as I'm not the type of person that signs up to opposition boards, but I quite like popping on here every now and again. The banter's normally good, and the majority of your fans seem like good, normal football fans.

Couldn't tell you. He used to do loads of them, but has since only really done them for bigger matches. He doesn't just do them for victories though, so have a look and you might find one or two reports of you beating us.

FTFY :wink: