Huddersfield PA announcer insults Paul Dickov

During half time Latics fan and hudds fan taking part in half time entertainment, PA guy with the microphone sneers at our three sided ground, the size of our away following, the latic's fan's appearance then asks him twice that 'your manager Paul Dickov is not a full shilling is he?' thought he was being incredibly insulting and disrespectful to our manager and it should be taken further everyone in the ground heard it!!!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He makes jokes at the expense of the away team every week. Most sides just lap it up and take it in the spirit it's meant in. Of course we've had a couple of oversensitive souls from other clubs complain, but that's life.

If you honestly want to take it further, I'd give your head a shake before doing so.

During half time Latics fan and hudds fan taking part in half time entertainment, PA guy with the microphone sneers at our three sided ground, the size of our away following, the latic's fan's appearance then asks him twice that 'your manager Paul Dickov is not a full shilling is he?' thought he was being incredibly insulting and disrespectful to our manager and it should be taken further everyone in the ground heard it!!!!!

To be fair We have a 3 sided ground, it was a poor turnout and the lad he was taking the Mick out of was wearing a t shirt in minus temperatures.

Edited by NIKI1234

Didn't go to the game so don't know what exactly was said, but from what Prozac's said it does sound like the PA was an unfunny WUM. "Your ground's crap! And your manager's mental! And your support's :censored:!" Wouldn't bother putting in a complaint but it's a bit pathetic. If you're gonna take the piss out of the opposition at least put a bit of wit and effort into it, like when we played I've Got A Brand New Combine Harvester the first time Yeovil came to BP, or when we played the tune from Steptoe and Son after beating Ronnie Moore's Tranmere to go top of the league. (There's a memory to cheer you all up)

Whilst I'm not suggesting making a big fuss about it at all, there's a lot to be said for showing a bit of respect for your guests.

It just reflects badly on Hudds, IMO. It's :censored: 'banter' and I wouldn't be impressed if Latics behaved like that.

Didn't go to the game so don't know what exactly was said, but from what Prozac's said it does sound like the PA was an unfunny WUM. "Your ground's crap! And your manager's mental! And your support's :censored:!" Wouldn't bother putting in a complaint but it's a bit pathetic. If you're gonna take the piss out of the opposition at least put a bit of wit and effort into it, like when we played I've Got A Brand New Combine Harvester the first time Yeovil came to BP, or when we played the tune from Steptoe and Son after beating Ronnie Moore's Tranmere to go top of the league. (There's a memory to cheer you all up)

subtle humor vs blatant humor, otherwise known as British humor vs American humor

does anyone know what he actually said?

I know the PA guy is about as funny as being diagnosed with terminal cancer, but you really really need to get a life

subtle humor vs blatant humor, otherwise known as British humor vs American humor

does anyone know what he actually said?

Word for word as per original post.

Fair enough if others were not offended but there were a fair few on our coach who felt the same as me.

I still think it was incredibly unprofessional and disrespectful AND he took the piss out of the Latics fan's appearance too (the lad competing at HT). I know plenty on here would have simply butted the jumped up :censored:!

In reality as he pushed further and further all I could think of was the Gun Fights in Phoenix Nights, when the Yorkshire Duelists are pushed further and further by Jerry….

Word for word as per original post.

Fair enough if others were not offended but there were a fair few on our coach who felt the same as me.

I still think it was incredibly unprofessional and disrespectful AND he took the piss out of the Latics fan's appearance too (the lad competing at HT). I know plenty on here would have simply butted the jumped up :censored:!

In reality as he pushed further and further all I could think of was the Gun Fights in Phoenix Nights, when the Yorkshire Duelists are pushed further and further by Jerry….

To be honest, I'd love that kind of HT entertainment at BP. As long as it's pretty safe banter, I don't see the harm myself.

Five home games in December; Christmas; Anfield; JPT final this week - £££

I'm not sure 1,500 constitutes pathetic in the circumstances.

I think it was 600ish under Penney (midweek) and 1100ish last season.

Both numbers from memory.

150% increase in away support over 2 seasons. Superb!