Striker on the way?

He's come from the Etihad

He's better than his dad

Bunn woah..

:getmecoat:

Harry…Harry…Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry Bunn….Harry Bunn, Harry Bunn….do our bit for the environment and recycle an old 'un…..

Edited by oafcprozac

In the light of the Westley textgate issue, is it true he's been banned from both Facecloth and Twatter? :unsure:

haha that made me chuckle, a fellow hater of Facebook finally, i awake every morning hoping to turn the news on and find that FB has been obliterated from all existance.

BP1960 will be happy , he's wanted him here for a couple of years

My reputation is on the line now :peepwall:

Latics need to use him properley though as he needs to pick up the ball from well outside the penalty area, run at defences and shoot on sight of goal.

Probably would work well with Kuqi who could lay the ball off to him.

Edited by BP1960

All I can come up with is Harry Harry Bunn to tune of Harry kewell! Oldham fans are not exactly renound for making good chants up! What can we expect from him? A poucher who plays on the shoulder?

Not a goal poacher really Gaz, more of a direct runner.

I can't think of many Latics players in past who compare in style, Steve Taylor maybe.

Latics need to use him properley though as he needs to pick up the ball from well outside the penalty area, run at defences and shoot on sight of goal.

From a Rochdale fan at college, he told me Bunn will do a lot of running, and is skillful, but is more likely to score goals when served on a plate.

To be fair if he is rubbish here, there are a lot of people myself included who would have egg on their face. I was desperate for us to sign him in January, some rave reviews and looked decent in the little I saw of him at Dale. Mate of mine said he was good there, but used too much on the wing. Be interesting to see if Dickov disagrees where his Dad thought it best to play him.

used to play football on saturdays with him in uppermill a few years back, granted he was 15 at the time but even then you could see he was that bit quicker mentally and ability wise when it came to football than everyone else.

on the subject of serving up chances on a plate, on one occasion i did put in a peach of a cross (if i do say so myself!) for him to tap home the winner in the last minute - needless to say he couldnt really miss :grin:

Not seen him play in recent past so cant really comment on how he plays now, but yes he is a direct runner at defenders and not a target man.

Whatever happens hope he does well - although again it would be better for him if we knew he had a midfield that will create chances for him - something tells me he will have to go and chase nothing long balls and lost causes to get chances given our total lack of service from all 4 midfielders.

Hope i am wrong and he bags a ton - certainly in KMB, Morais, Simpson and Kuqi he has players there who would link up well with him.

Edited by shefflatic

To be fair if he is rubbish here, there are a lot of people myself included who would have egg on their face. I was desperate for us to sign him in January, some rave reviews and looked decent in the little I saw of him at Dale. Mate of mine said he was good there, but used too much on the wing. Be interesting to see if Dickov disagrees where his Dad thought it best to play him.

Good one, if he doesn't come off we can blame PDs tactics. :wink:

Is young Harry a Latics fan? Born here and appreciate he may have moved early once his Dad moved on but you never know.

Would be good for him to do wonders this season and we secure his services for the 2012/12 season too. A bit of hometown boy back to his rightful home about this.

Edited by Midsblue

I dont think so

Some of the younger lads in work played with him at Uppermill when he was a real nipper and he wore City tops.

It would be around the time his Dad was working there so i guess thats enough of a reason for him to start following a team.

Local lads X1?

We have

Tarky

Paul Black

& Chris Taylor

Then we'd add in

Harry Bunn

Jordan Rhodes

& Andrew Driver (up at Hearts but is from Oldham - + is another Ginger Winger)

Is there anymore out there???

I dont think so

Some of the younger lads in work played with him at Uppermill when he was a real nipper and he wore City tops.

It would be around the time his Dad was working there so i guess thats enough of a reason for him to start following a team.

Local lads X1?

We have

Tarky

Paul Black

& Chris Taylor

Then we'd add in

Harry Bunn

Jordan Rhodes

& Andrew Driver (up at Hearts but is from Oldham - + is another Ginger Winger)

Is there anymore out there???

Danny Philiskirk