• Oldham
    • Yeovil
    • Scunny
    • Leyton O
    • Wycombe
    • Dogdale
    • Exeter
    • Bury

Simple one really based on the fact we have nearly been every away ground this season what is the worst ground you have been to this season?

I am including BP

Of course get dicked somewhere like Mk Dons made that a terrible day out in the pee-ing down rain, but try think of food, toliet facilites, standard of game play, access to ground the whole lot

Deano

I really dislike the stadium:mk (largely for the concrete upper tier), but BP hands-down.

Same here, dislike the Franchise and found the experience of watching us there eerie and unpleasant, but in terms of facilities it is up there with the best.

Walsall's isn't great minus the 2-tiered stand and Exeter definitely wins worst away end, but BP is the worst ground unfortunately (I still love it though! :) )

disagree re MK franchise. Best ground I have been too for a while. Comfortable, spacious, parking.

Like any new stadium though it's not great when it's only 1/4 full.

Stoke City used to have the same feel when empty but now boasts one of the noisiest stadiums/support.

I'd take MK's satdium as our new design any time.

Voted for BP. Then remembered how bad the leg room was at Bramall Lane so changed my vote.

I'm pretty tall but not THAT tall (6'3") and couldn't sit down without sitting sideways across two seats. Worst legroom I've EVER experienced at a football ground. The game more than made up for it though.

We have run away with this one hands down by the look of it

I hate MK staduim, its a great venue and in the long term will be good if they go up but they should shove the fans around closer to one another as no atmosphere there, like the little bar attached on the side of the hotel and ground though

In terms of facilites we are the worst, worst away end i went was exeter last season was under real and cant belive the rail thats behind goal and stops u getting anywhere near the pitch

what about the best away day? Saturday sees us at one of my favourite grounds in the Football League, it's up to date but it still has a bit of character to it and is situated in the right sort of location for a Football ground

Agree with this. Gutted I can't make Notts this time around but last year was a great away day and even with a different outcome it has the potential to be a quality away trip anytime.

It's up there with the best in the league. While I agree with a post above about the legroom in the Bramall Lane away end, the ground itself is great and allows for a great atmosphere to be created. For me though The Valley is the best ground to watch a match in as an away fan. For me a good away end needs to be smaller than the rest of the ground to make you feel like the underdog, whilst still being a good quality stand. Charlton has this and the rest of the ground is big enough to have the potential to be intimidating when full. If it wasn't for the middle stanchion the away end would be perfect from a viewing point of view too.

MK Dons is the worst. The food's great. Bogs are terrific. Booze choice is decent. Seats are comfy and you can stay dry if you want.

And yet the stench of consultancy metrics makes the place so...disgusting. For catchment area x you need stadium y. This formula will result in success. No - you cannot have your money back if that turns out to be bollocks.

Yeovil.

No atmosphere, no decent pubs near the ground, miles away from anywhere (especially Oldham...) and the stewards conduct body-searches as you enter the ground which are far too intrusive for comfort.... :shock:

This season I have been to: Charlton, Orient, the Gayfarm, Trannies, Dogdale, MK Mongs and Brentford (not against Latics, as that match hasn't happened yet :lol: )

I will also be doing Notts County, Wycombe and Bury before the season's out.

Wycombe's ground looks like an odd one, in the middle of an industrial estate. That could win 'worst away day', depending on the result.

The Gayfarm is a lifeless bin, only surpassed in its soulless-ness by the MK Mongs bowl affair.

Prenton Park and Spotland are both falling down, Charlton's ground is alright but needs a bit of tarting up (the away end is NOTHING special) and Orient's ground isn't far away from what BP would be with a new stand stuck on it.

I don't think Boundary Park is anywhere near as bad as we all make it out to be. Though I have never sat in the Rochdale Road end, and I never will. View from the main stand is great, and the Chaddy is where we all belong.

Wycombe's ground looks like an odd one, in the middle of an industrial estate. That could win 'worst away day', depending on the result.

Been to Wycombe twice in recent years, you wouldn't think it was in an industrial estate with the view from the away end as over the home end all you can see is a valley and some fields (good when you want to forget what's happening on the pitch!) and a good atmosphere can be generated in the away end. It surprised me but it was one of the more enjoyable away trips I've been to in recent times, stewards and club staff are good natured too which is an added bonus.

Hoping to get to Bury at the end of the season, is it a ground worth going to?

The only two I have not been to are Leyton Orient and Colchester's new ground. Layer Road would have won hands down BTW. I also voted for BP, I must admit I did have to think about it because Exeter is also dilapidated.

There are some that I could have voted for for other reasons, such Yeovil due to the pub shortage.

Why did 2 people vote for Spotland? It's a tidy little stadium

This season I have been to: Charlton, Orient, the Gayfarm, Trannies, Dogdale, MK Mongs and Brentford (not against Latics, as that match hasn't happened yet :lol: )

I will also be doing Notts County, Wycombe and Bury before the season's out.

The Gayfarm is a lifeless bin, only surpassed in its soulless-ness by the MK Mongs bowl affair.

Prenton Park and Spotland are both falling down, Charlton's ground is alright but needs a bit of tarting up (the away end is NOTHING special) and Orient's ground isn't far away from what BP would be with a new stand stuck on it.

I don't think Boundary Park is anywhere near as bad as we all make it out to be. Though I have never sat in the Rochdale Road end, and I never will. View from the main stand is great, and the Chaddy is where we all belong.

Why wouldn't you sit in the RRE ?......Years ago i used to be a chaddy end regular but the view and limited facilities in RRE are far superior to what the chaddy now has to offer. It's time to move on.....the chaddy was great in it's heyday ( with standing ) but i think just nostalgia keep fans in there now.

• 2 weeks later...