Furman signs up for next season

Surprised by this - thought he'd be off.

Good news.

Me too actually. I thought he would look to move on to a top league 1 side a la Dale Stephens.

Good news this. Hopefully he has a better campaign next season with injuries, and we have him on the pitch, doing what he does best, for the majority of games.

If Wes gets over his shoulder injury & re-signs with us; that's CM almost sorted - we would only need 1 more in there assuming M'Chamgama & Winchester are also still with us IMO.

A bit of good news is always nice, and this is good news!

Me too actually. I thought he would look to move on to a top league 1 side a la Dale Stephens.

Good news this. Hopefully he has a better campaign next season with injuries, and we have him on the pitch, doing what he does best, for the majority of games.

If Wes gets over his shoulder injury & re-signs with us; that's CM almost sorted - we would only need 1 more in there assuming M'Chamgama & Winchester are also still with us IMO.

Didn't PD say he wanted to get Winchester out on loan this season? Surely he will want to do the same for next season, he's not exactly pushed on enough here to avoid the loan spell. I'm sure a L2/Conference side wouldn't mind taking him on loan from the summer, certainly until Xmas.

Good news, but let's have some good permanant back up next season, a proper squad rather than relying on loanees.

Maybe it's the pessimist in me, but has anybody considered he has been given a new contract so that we can get a fee and not lose him on a Bosman?

Certainly is the pessimist, as an optimist would see the good news in that we could be getting a fee for a player only previously with three games left on his contract.

Maybe it's the pessimist in me, but has anybody considered he has been given a new contract so that we can get a fee and not lose him on a Bosman?

with corney coming out and saying how positive it is towards next seasons team I cant see it . I really like and rate furman but I think he still needs a stand out injury free season before he gains more attention from bigger clubs with bigger budgets . Get the impression from twitter he has a new mortgage locally and I also think he really believes in dickov and viceaversa So another year probably suits him aswell as us. Now we need to get wes , simpson and lee signed . I would also like reece brown if his wages arent unrealistic is he out of contract at united this summer does anyone know ?

just to clarify.the club had a 12mth option on furman.it was the clubs call,not furmans.if furnan hadnt been happy with it,he was stuck with the contractual sitution.pleased the optiion has been excersised.others with options are kmb and diallo,both made public on the os.in a previous q and a in the programme(or somewhere) diamond indicated he had a rolling contract which would also be an option.

Can someone tell me which players are contracted for next season. I know we had a lot of 1 year deals so I imagine most will be free agents in a few weeks, but there must be some who will be Latics players for sure come August.

Can someone tell me which players are contracted for next season. I know we had a lot of 1 year deals so I imagine most will be free agents in a few weeks, but there must be some who will be Latics players for sure come August.

As far as I can tell:

Cisak

Mvoto

Tarkowski

Winchester

Furman

Hughes

Mellor

Smith

Kuqi

...are all contracted for another year (in the case of Kuqi and Furman they signed extensions).

Belezika has been offered a contract and I'd guess that will be for one year.

We have options for a further year on Carr, Marsh-Brown and possibly Diallo. I wouldn't be surprised if we also had options on Mchangama and Parker. And apparently Diamond's deal can also be extended if we want.