Woy for England

No transfer market in international football so Harry would be next to useless. Hodgson has earns an opportunity by doing well in a number of countries over a number of years.

Harry's media mates will now be telling us that it's the wrong choice and preparing to rip Woy to shreds. Especially that Ollie Holt. Muppet.

Hodgson for me above dodgy Ary any day of the week. It was the Liverpool big time Charlies that did for Hodgson during his time there and of course Dalglish. Hodgson is more international savy and holds all the right badges Also embrasses international systems.. Far better choice than sand banks Ary. Found innocent yes of the crimes they tried to make stick, not the ones they couldn't bring.

Edited by Lags

They were talking about the England job on Radio 5 during the Spurs game and Graham Taylor mentioned Roy Hodgson. The presenter's response was "WHAT? Seriously?", like it was the stupidest idea ever expressed. He was audibly struggling not to laugh. If i remember right Taylor's reasoning was basically "he's a yes man and he'll be cheap". Personally I still think the FA should go for Maradona.

Good choice. How the :censored: the gangster ever managed to be the front runner is beyond me, it's like he won the Champions League for Spurs on a shoestring. He's spent a fortune at Spurs and bankrupted Portsmouth for an FA Cup and won nothing else bar a promotion with Bournemouth. At least Hodgson won't make a prick out of himself when we go out in the quarter finals

Woy Hodgson has alweady indicated who his star pwayers could be in Euwo 2012! Hart will be first choice keeper but he wants Wobert Gween as back up. Ashwey Cole, Gwen Johnson and Micah Wichards in defence, with Gewward, Cweverley and Ashwey Young in Midfield............ and then Stuwwidge and Wooney up Fwont! :grin:

I think this is a case of wait and see. Redknapp is not all that, he's one top four finish with Spurs and an FA Cup. Hodgson has a coaches pedigree and a manner that is not too dissimilar to Sir Bobby. Redknapp's an old school manager. Hodgson is every bit your continental coach. The Liverpool fans never wanted him and he was not given a real chance to make his mark at Anfield but he's coached all over Europe and been successful at the majority of his clubs and more importantly he has coached three other national sides with some success - particularly the excellent Swiss side who performed decently at USA '94, in a strong qualifying group that included Romania, US and Columbia they lost to Spain in the round of 16.

People should give the guy a chance now, will the press? Not a chance….

Don't mind Hodgson at all, didn't get a chance at Liverpool, he wasn't who they wanted and they let him know it until the day he left. He's a good coach and a classy guy. Good luck to him because i wouldn't want that job in a million years.

who is the next Engalnd captain? Gerrard is more than likley the first choice unless ive missed something

Woy and SG didnt exactly see eye to eye at Liverpool according to reports which isnt really a good start

if im honest i am not that bothered who is in charge except for Stuart Pearce, he is not good enough to manage such a big job

and at he moment he is certain to manage the under 21's, the olympic team and for some reason he is going to announce a pre euro squad!

how the hell has he managed to get himself into that position???

Edited by palmer1

who is the next Engalnd captain? Gerrard is more than likley the first choice unless ive missed something

Woy and SG didnt exactly see eye to eye at Liverpool according to reports which isnt really a good start

if im honest i am not that bothered who is in charge except for Stuart Pearce, he is not good enough to manage such a big job

and at he moment he is certain to manage the under 21's, the olympic team and for some reason he is going to announce a pre euro squad!

how the hell has he managed to get himself into that position???

I would hope Gerrard isn't anywhere near the starting 11, let alone captain.

I hope it is Scott Parker!

I would hope Gerrard isn't anywhere near the starting 11, let alone captain.

I hope it is Scott Parker!

you will be very dissapointed then imo

Gerrard will more than likley be captain and with no Wilshire availbale until next season who would you play in the middle?

I think Parker will play but he wont be captain

Edited by palmer1

I'm a little bit miffed with the FA over this, having previously said they would wait till after the euro's to appoint a full time manager. if they waited till after the euro's there'd be no pressure on the interim boss and to some extent the players. Appointing someone now with 42 days to go until our first game hardly gives Roy any time to establish a squad and make it his own. Plus, if we don't get out of the group I bet the vast majority of the media will be calling for Hodgson to be sacked cause he didn't win the competition, possibly ending his England stint before its over.

I don't think anyone the FA choose is going to exactly transform the team, the issue is the players and at the minute our current crop simply isn't good enough to warrant much better than our standard quarter final "failings". Having said that I hope Roy can do us all proud and at least get the team playing with a bit of fight and passion, thats all I ask of our national side. Wishful thinking I know

I always think that the England job just needs a good man manager, motivator and somone with a game plan when you come up against a decent team.

All the players know how to play football. They just need to be motivated.

Then when you come up against The Germans or the Spanish you just need a smart game plan. Something like shoot directly from corners.