The new kit is dark, dull, and drab, with no contrast. It’s also a shade that may be difficult to pick out at night matches.

Who decides the colour, Latics or Fila?

I may be a bit of a traditionalist, but Latics wear a particular shade of blue (see avatar). For me this is one of the worst kits since the blue and red hoops in the 1990s.

It’s a no from me. :thumbsdown:

The new kit is dark, dull, and drab, with no contrast. It’s also a shade that may be difficult to pick out at night matches.

I may be a bit of a traditionalist, but Latics wear a particular shade of blue (see avatar). For me this is one of the worst kits since the blue and red hoops in the 1990s.

thats why we have floodlights.

I may be a bit of a traditionalist, but Latics wear a particular shade of blue (see avatar). For me this is one of the worst kits since the blue and red hoops in the

1990s.

Our shade in the Premiership and pre 2002 was closer to the new kit than the light blue we've had in recent years. I like it, it's new and fresh. Latics fans love living in the past, maybe with a fresh take on the kit we can actually look forwards instead of "I was there in 91" lol

Was going to buy it, think i'll pass now, just not the shade of blue that imo is the club colours. Might seem ridiculous but it's the way i feel on it. I'm going to buy this seasons shirt (More cause i want the final shirt we will have with the old club badge) and just use the rest of what i would of paid for a new shirt on bits and bats in the club shop.

love it, it's a nice change!

If you get bored maybe you could turn your attention to the new away kit! Various rumours on here have suggested tangerine and blue, tangerine and white, or a different shade of blue. It would ne nice to see a few of your designs. :)

Advantages: Nicer than this season's. No tangerine.

Disadvantages: No red. No v-neck.

Pissing myself at the "wrong shade of blue" and "not unique" type comments though :lol:

So you'd be happy if Latics played in a City style pale blue strip! FFS. :petesake:

Good choice...will that be Large or Small? Quite often our choice with mum and dad. But even better I do that every week for free as sponsor our club. Had lunch with Steve Davies earlier in week really nice bloke. Had a few celebs in with us Ross Noble, Johnny Vegas, Bumble and Michael Vaughan who tagged along with the group and Guy Garvey. Used to live over the Devonshire Cat with its 330 Beers but food gone crap of late.

We go to the Scholar on London Road occasionally which is run by the same people (£1.25 a pint on Thursday).

Back on topic my main hope for the new kit is that it stands up better in the wash than previous kits. I wasn't for the all blue but I do like it and will probably buy it

I'm confused. Why do we have to share 'French Blue' with Carlisle and Rochdale? Could be every other club but have only looked at these two. Are all home kits going to contain this drab colour? We aren't the boys in blue!

I'm confused. Why do we have to share 'French Blue' with Carlisle and Rochdale? Could be every other club but have only looked at these two. Are all home kits going to contain this drab colour? We aren't the boys in blue!

Job lot of material?

Pissing myself at the "wrong shade of blue" and "not unique" type comments though :lol:

So you'd be happy if Latics played in a City style pale blue strip! FFS. :petesake:

Non-sequitur! Is the new kit a wrong shade of blue? How can we measure this?

Called in the shop today after renewing my ST.

Bought the new shirt, I really like it, and think it's a vast improvement on the last home kit.

First replica I've bought at release since the 2006-07 season.