Latics Release 9 Players

wouldn't have offered Millar a deal - he did well on saturday but i just think he is missing something extra,

Would've offered KMB a deal - great talent and someone will tame him at some point - another asset whom if we had got right, we could have sold on at a profit; only 19 after all. If rumours of hudds/leeds/burnley are true and he ends up there then that just about sums it up for us as far as brain cells go with the management team.

I cant agree at all I'm afraid!

KMB is another braindead dickhead of a footballer who thinks he is bigger than the club, the management and probably the same with the other clubs he has been at.

Surely the first thing that a young footballer needs is respect for his manager and coaches and the desire to learn, which it is apparent from some of his outbursts he does not have.

While I think he was a decent player, I can see this lad playing in the conference south or somewhere in 12 months!

Well done PD , only extra one i would have put on the list is Millar.

Now if we can keep Lee , Taylor & Simpson thats a great base for next season.

Would love to see team -

Cisak

Lee , M'voto , Brown , ????

Taylor , Weso , Furman

Simpson

Kuqi or Tonks , ????

Subs ,

Tarkowski , Morais,Charabang,Winchester, Mellor ,Bouzanis , Diallo

Fill the ???? with a couple of decent signings and we could be there challenging .

Cisak

Lee Clarke Brown Diallo

Morais Wes Furman Bunn

Simpson

Kuqi

Tarkowski , Tounkara , Winchester , M'Changma Bouzanis

Mind , no chance of Keiron & Robbie being here unfortunately imo

Bunn??? Clarke???

Clarke is poor. Lets not re-sign him please.

We have Tarkowski, MVoto and Belezika as centre-halves with Reece Brown in talks for a season-long loan. Can't see us needing anyone else in.

Agree Macca, don't get the Clarke love-in, we conceded as many poor goals whilst Clarke was here as when a kid (Tarky) was playing. Another Hazell imo. I'd prefer to go down the Brown/simialr route next season we have our big dope in JYM we just need some guile alongside him now. Barrett/Jobson, Holden/Barrett, Jobson/Redmond, Hall/Hill, Haining/Hall etc etc...

a bit gutted about KMB as i think he really has talent but i guess we gave him a chance over 6 months to sort himself out or get shipped along. if his attitude doesn't change, at some point he'll be on the scrap heap of "what could have been's." he needs his head sorting and if dickov can't do it then fair enough, he goes

I reckon the players released are the right ones and the ones looking to be kept also are the correct ones. i like dickov's 2 weeks policy for signing, he needs as much time as possible to assess what he needs and what position so good on him for taking a firm stance

No real surprises here - looking at player that ave been released by other teams there are looks of decent player out there so if the ones that have been offered contact don't want to sign in 10 - 14 days again they are decent replacment and I trust PD to sell this club and his vision of his future of the club to any one of them - reckon he would be a decent second hand car salesman.

So people moaning about transfer policies etc. - shut it - let's believe in PD and let him get on with it.

No real surprises here - looking at player that ave been released by other teams there are looks of decent player out there so if the ones that have been offered contact don't want to sign in 10 - 14 days again they are decent replacment and I trust PD to sell this club and his vision of his future of the club to any one of them - reckon he would be a decent second hand car salesman.

So people moaning about transfer policies etc. - shut it - let's believe in PD and let him get on with it.

Yes I think you're right he would, you on the other hand need to touch up your skills ha ha

Cant help but think that with (a lot of) work, KMB would rip this division a new one. I guess ut comes down to a R.O.I from the management - is all that work & no guarentee of success worth it? They've clearly decided No.

As for the others; there are no real surprises there. Wish them all the best if they wish to carry on in the game, hope they get fixed up.

What is it? 1,400 out of contract footballers this summer? I am confident that out of that number; we will be able to find players who are prepared to come & play for Oldham; and that will add to our squad.

And so it begins.......

Not at all disappointed that KMB's gone, didn't see enough of the talent that he supposedly has and really doesn't sound like he's good for the chemistry of the team.

I'm really disappointed it hasn't worked out with KMB - he's clearly got talent and has the potential to be a match-winner (he showed that v Sheff Utd). As you say though, if it's true about his attitude/work-rate then it can't be good for team spirit. However good he might be, if other players see him turning up late to training every day, not putting in a shift and still getting in the team ahead of them, they're going to think "why bother?".

Trouble is with players like KMB we only see him 90 minutes every week , PD will see him day in day out not only on the training pitch but also how he interacts with the rest of the squad.

As much a part of the decision making in keeping a player or not as his plaing ability these days.

Very very few players released by Latics in these circumstances go onto better things !!!!!!!

• 3 months later...