Latics Release 9 Players

wouldn't have offered Millar a deal - he did well on saturday but i just think he is missing something extra,

Would've offered KMB a deal - great talent and someone will tame him at some point - another asset whom if we had got right, we could have sold on at a profit; only 19 after all. If rumours of hudds/leeds/burnley are true and he ends up there then that just about sums it up for us as far as brain cells go with the management team.

Gone: Ryan Brooke, Djeny Bembo-Leta, Matt Carr, Keanu Marsh-Brown, Phil McGrath, Josh Parker and Reuben Reid.

Wanted (though not contracts not yet offered or accepted): Kieran Lee, Robbie Simpson, Bradley Diallo, Yousseff M'Changama, James Wesolowski, Dean Bouzanis, Kirk Millar, Filipe Morais and Chris Taylor.

The only minor surprises there for me are a new deal for Millar (although if he's cheap, fair enough) and Diallo (but maybe there's more promise there than we've seen). I don't expect that all those to be offered deals will be here next season either.

Good luck to all those released, and thanks for their efforts. I hope they fix themselves up quickly.

Edited by Crusoe

wouldn't have offered Millar a deal - he did well on saturday but i just think he is missing something extra,

Would've offered KMB a deal - great talent and someone will tame him at some point - another asset whom if we had got right, we could have sold on at a profit; only 19 after all. If rumours of hudds/leeds/burnley are true and he ends up there then that just about sums it up for us as far as brain cells go with the management team.

I think the brain cells problem is not with the management team but KMB.

Seems a fair cop to me the decisions made. I'd have thought they may have stuck with McGrath but given that he wasn't really involved last few games once finally fit it didn't exactly bode well.

When it comes down to it, all players released are very replaceable so even if we can't find anyone better than I'm sure we can find someone similar.

Good luck to all those released and I hope they find new clubs at whatever level.

The only minor surprises there for me are a new deal for Millar (although if he's cheap, fair enough) and Diallo (but maybe there's more promise there than we've seen).

Re: Diallo, as stated in the article PD hasn't necessarily made offers to them all. I would imagine if PD makes an offer it will be a low one on the basis that he thinks there's potential but given actual performances and injury record they can't take too great a chance. If he says no then no great loss. If he says yes then it gives him the chance to buckle down in pre-season and show PD what he might just have.

Not too disappointed with that. He wants hard working players and KMB might be good but he doesnt seem hard working. Shame about Reid because he was looking sharp until his injury but he can't have many complaints after he returned.

If Millar can progress from Saturday then he'll be a good player to have, and I think he was playing for a contract. Hoping we sign a LB and use Diallo as cover, but im glad to see Bouzanis, Comoros, Morais etc get offers.

For the inevitable moans that are almost guaranteed to follow about our LB choices, maybe Diallo is cheaper? We sign a better LB than Diallo and Black why pay more money for a bloke to sit in the stands/ on the bench?

spot on decisions for me! players released have either been injured all the time or not had the right attitude.

I agree with the exception of Bembo-Lita.

He's been injured, but will be on 9/10th's of F-all, and looked very good given not much of a run in the side. As I've said, he's one I would certainly keep (unless there is a career ending problem there).

Diallo is better than Black for me but I don't think I would've kept him either. Maybe with a pre-season behind him he might be a lot better? He performed well last pre-season and before his injuries. Encouraging that Dickov says apart from Taylor the others have expressed a desire to stay. We shall see what happens over the next fortnight.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Brooke and Bembo go on to have good careers in the Conference. They've both got something to work with but it's not worth our time trying to make the best of it. Not seen Carr or McGrath so not a clue. Parker was always going to be released and will probably find himself a lower League 2 club.

With the right pre-season I could see Reid scoring a bagful in League 2 next year, I'm not disappointed that we've let him go but I feel for him because he did very well at the start of the season and the injury had such a big effect on him. He has the ability to be successful at this level at some stage of his career but it's whether or not he'll find the club that fits his game. Not at all disappointed that KMB's gone, didn't see enough of the talent that he supposedly has and really doesn't sound like he's good for the chemistry of the team. Morais hasn't always been on form this season but has shown a lot more than KMB has and tbh we only need one flair player/defensive liability.

Slightly surprised that Bouzanis and Millar have been offered deals but if they are cheap I'm happy enough. Diallo hasn't impressed me and I'd rather that Black stay, but maybe Diallo is happy being backup whereas Black might be looking for first team football. Seems as though M'Changama has something to work with and if all the other 5 sign deals then I'd be very happy, but I can only see a couple signing.

Don't think the club have gone too far wrong really, the moves certainly suggest that Dickov is going for the hard workers over flair for next year.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

He's been injured, but he will be on 9/10th's of F-all, and looked very good given not much of a run in the side. As I've said, he's one I would certainly keep (unless there is a career ending problem there).

Maybe, the club wanted him to be on 7/10's of F-all........in all seriousness, I'm sure that the club would have looked at how he has responded to his injury.

Gone: Ryan Brooke, Djeny Bembo-Leta, Matt Carr, Keanu Marsh-Brown, Phil McGrath, Josh Parker and Reuben Reid.

Wanted (though not contracts not yet offered or accepted): Kieran Lee, Robbie Simpson, Bradley Diallo, Yousseff M'Changama, James Wesolowski, Dean Bouzanis, Kirk Millar, Filipe Morais and Chris Taylor.

The only minor surprises there for me are a new deal for Millar (although if he's cheap, fair enough) and Diallo (but maybe there's more promise there than we've seen). I don't expect that all those to be offered deals will be here next season either.

Good luck to all those released, and thanks for their efforts. I hope they fix themselves up quickly.

Of the released 7 listed above, only Keanu Marsh-Brown, Josh Parker and Reuben Reid got anything like a decent run in the first team - which goes to show the importance of performance on the training pitch/ and in reserve team games when determining a player's potential. The brief glimpses we had of McGrath and Bembo-Leta showed promise but obviously they did not have enough about them. The biggest shame is that KMB got a chance and did not take it.

It would be good if the contract offers are taken up by the majority - I fear though that Taylor, Lee and Simpson will be gone - let's hope I am proved wrong. :omg:

Edited by TheBigDog

9 gone. Another 9 yet to sign, plus kuqi. This is typical of the revolving door policy, short termism, of recent years. Although I agree with the decision to release the 9, there has to be a more stable approach to building a team.

9 gone. Another 9 yet to sign, plus kuqi. This is typical of the revolving door policy, short termism, of recent years. Although I agree with the decision to release the 9, there has to be a more stable approach to building a team.

Trial and error. Release those who won't make the grade, retain the ones who do. So long as you have stability at the top you should get closer to the squad you need to get promoted.

Spot on , the difference between the have and have nots is staggering nowadays.

The only time a long term contract appears to be offered now is to some young kid , so you have a bargaining chip when the richer clubs come knocking.

Younger fans will have seen nothing else , but you cannot build a team shipping guys in and out every 12 months, but I understand why clubs can't give longer contracts ...they are skint.

You have the bizarre situation of players in their early 20's being the longest serving player & no-one seems to think this is very , very odd.

Didn't Ronnie Moore's first home game start with 8 debuts if I recall correctly. It was surreal seeing our colours ,yet appearing to be worn by a mass of strangers.