Well done Wigan

I expect being shot down by some for my comments but well done to Wigan and another season at the top.

Small club, small crowd but continues to stand toe to toe with the big boys and survive.

If we ever repeating the feat we did in the early 90s, I hope we share the same success of developing a squad on limited budget, entertaining a small but loyal fanbase and still pulling out result after result.

I will also wish them well done, albeit through gritted teeth.

Blackburn on the other hand deserve everything they have got. The mentality of their team and the way they have set their stall out at times absolutely stinks, they make Dave Penneys tactics seem adventurous

It's got to go down as one of the comebacks of all time in the Premeir:censored:. Absolutely dead and buried stone wall relegated just 12 weeks ago. With a hell of a run in. For me Venky's well and truely to blame. Sold the silver and gave Keane tin to work with.

Edited by Lags

Blackburn on the other hand deserve everything they have got. The mentality of their team and the way they have set their stall out at times absolutely stinks, they make Dave Penneys tactics seem adventurous

Wigan have got vastly more resources than we ever had thanks to Uncle Dave.

Blackburn fans thinking they have a divine right to top flight football is hilarious though. They were a bog average second or third tier side with a crumbling stadium (sound familiar?) until Jack Walker came along. Hopefully the chicken crew will continue their excellent work.

I felt uncomfortable listening to the game... whatever the fans had against Venky's or Kean, surely they'd have got a better response if they'd got behind the team? It felt like they wanted their team to go down so they could have a go at the manager and owners

Wigan have got vastly more resources than we ever had thanks to Uncle Dave.

Blackburn fans thinking they have a divine right to top flight football is hilarious though. They were a bog average second or third tier side with a crumbling stadium (sound familiar?) until Jack Walker came along. Hopefully the chicken crew will continue their excellent work.

Aye, but football has changed massively since we were there, and compared to the rest of that league they have hardly got cock all.

What Wigan have achieved is tremendous. I for one am glad they have stayed up, and hope they can keep on doing what they are doing against the odds.

I felt uncomfortable listening to the game... whatever the fans had against Venky's or Kean, surely they'd have got a better response if they'd got behind the team? It felt like they wanted their team to go down so they could have a go at the manager and owners

Which game was it when Yakubu scored and ran over to Kean, and the Blackburn fans booed him? As much as i don't want to tar all their fans with the same brush, it wasn't just a small minority, and if you've got to the stage where you're so blinded by hatred for the manager that you're booing your team when they score,i'm not sure you deserve to have a club to support. Special mention to the moron who decided to protest tonight by throwing his season ticket (which was of course worthless,what with it being the last home game of the season) at the AWAY dugout. :petesake:

Well done.....no i can't do it. Piss off, Plastics.

Which game was it when Yakubu scored and ran over to Kean, and the Blackburn fans booed him? As much as i don't want to tar all their fans with the same brush, it wasn't just a small minority, and if you've got to the stage where you're so blinded by hatred for the manager that you're booing your team when they score,i'm not sure you deserve to have a club to support.

Agreed.

Although the fan that got the chicken with the Blackburn scarf onto the pitch deserves a medal! How did he sneak that into the ground??

I'm a fan of Martinez but Wigan dont deserve a Prem League club, piss poor support and will be out of the league when Martinez moves onto bigger and better things me thinks

Martinez has been there for three seasons, Wigan have been top flight for seven - Martinez hasn't done it all by himself.

Also, I believe that their support is a lot better than some other clubs I could mention.

Well done Wigan.

Agreed.

Although the fan that got the chicken with the Blackburn scarf onto the pitch deserves a medal! How did he sneak that into the ground??

I assumed they were talking about a rubber chicken. I didn't realise someone had managed to smuggle actual live poultry into the ground...

Got to hand it to them - they've pulled off some fantastic results this season. Fair play to Martinez in particular.

That said, when they were in our division anyway, they had the one of the most dislikeable group of supporters I've come across.

I'm a fan of Martinez but Wigan dont deserve a Prem League club, piss poor support and will be out of the league when Martinez moves onto bigger and better things me thinks

Didn't realise that there was a requirement for a certain number of supporters before a club could be in a particular division.

Wigans achivement , and Martinez in particular is admirable.

It still sticks in the craw though, I really wanted them to go down.

Wigan don't deserve to be a premier league club cos of the size of the support? What a crap comment - especuially from someone who supports a small club. Sheffield wednesday got 38,000 there on saturday - so do they deserve it more? No. Beating Arsenal, Newcastle, Blackburn and Man U*****d makes you deserve to be a premier league side, size of support doesn't.

Edited by pukka

Where is this Limited budget coming from?

After City they have the biggest wage bill per income.

They spend well outside of their means and if Whelan was to go they would be bankrupted in seconds.

Not a way to run a club. Blackpool showed how it should be done and they were unlucky to go down.

Got to hand it to them - they've pulled off some fantastic results this season. Fair play to Martinez in particular.

That said, when they were in our division anyway, they had the one of the most dislikeable group of supporters I've come across.

What did you expect from a bunch who supported Man U and Liverpool until their local team got a bit of money

It's mostly Everton isn't it Wigan?

For the Football that Martinez gets them to play; fair play - it's some end of season run they've put together; playing to the same principles as always.

For them as a club - eurgh. Horrible. And when Dave Whealan either gives up (unlikely) or leaves this earth - they'll be up :censored: creek so unbelievably bad it'll put Pompey and the others to shame.

Massively overspending & massively over-dependant on a single source of income. It'll end in tears soon enough.

In other news - let's all laugh at Blackburn!!